Main Menu

Ranieri/Loftus Cheek/ Parker

Started by filham, October 24, 2021, 06:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: davew on October 25, 2021, 08:04:22 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on October 25, 2021, 07:06:23 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on October 25, 2021, 06:20:04 PM
RLC is poor and doesn't rate in my book.  I don't know how he gets playing time at Chelsea.  Maybe big leads allow his participation.  As someone else mentioned in this thread, good riddance.  That's how I felt about his time at CC, couldn't wait to see him go.  And what little of him I've seen this season, not impressed.

As far as the other two go, I'd say give some more time to pass and see how they are doing.  Hard to knock Parker so far, he's done well with his new club and remains the only undefeated team in the Champ.

Not sure I'd class RLC as poor to be honest. He was never poor for us, just never lived up to potential. We've had far worse.
Agreed he wasn't poor not if you are talking about money he was being paid, but maybe if the comment was about his performances, he was worse than poor!! 1 of the most overpaid and under performers I have seen wear a FFC shirt in 65 years!! So glad he is no longer with us!!

Rufus, I would like to learn who you rate as far worse than RLC, sure there have been some.

Michael Brown and Bjorn Helge Riise to name two.

WolverineFFC

RLC is poor and doesn't rate in my book.  I don't know how he gets playing time at Chelsea.  Maybe big leads allow his participation.  As someone else mentioned in this thread, good riddance.  That's how I felt about his time at CC, couldn't wait to see him go.  And what little of him I've seen this season, not impressed.

As far as the other two go, I'd say give some more time to pass and see how they are doing.  Hard to knock Parker so far, he's done well with his new club and remains the only undefeated team in the Champ.

Honestly, watching RLC the past 2 matches for Chelsea I have been shocked at how good he looks. It reminds me of how Mark Hughes moved Dembele into a deeper role and he became a different level of player.

It is a small sample size, but shows the difference between a Lampard/Parker and someone of Tuchel's level.

WindyCity

Quote from: WolverineFFC on October 25, 2021, 10:48:38 PM
Honestly, watching RLC the past 2 matches for Chelsea I have been shocked at how good he looks. It reminds me of how Mark Hughes moved Dembele into a deeper role and he became a different level of player.
It is a small sample size, but shows the difference between a Lampard/Parker and someone of Tuchel's level.

Admittedly, I've only seen a handful of Chelsea minutes with RLC on the pitch.  So naturally I'm paying attention to what he's doing out there.  Granted, very small sample size but what I've seen so far not all that impressed.  I think he's one of the most over-rated players in the PL.  He must have gained his fame early on in his career, as he still is fairly young.  Not impressed at all (good riddance!) with his time at FFC.  I still scratch my head as to how he even gets playing time at Chelsea.  But, I'm biased of course......

Donnie Lonegan

I'm another who thought Loftus Cheek was nowhere near as bad as some people make out.
When I read this forum I keep seeing that Loftus Cheek and Cavaliero are/were absolute garbage, but I've never held that view.
I'll give another view, I think Tim Ream is crap, a liability who will probably cost us 20 points in a season due to hopeless errors

perry geyton

Burnley will go down

RLC will never play to his potential

Bournemouth I hope will implode

perry geyton

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on October 26, 2021, 04:40:40 PM
I'm another who thought Loftus Cheek was nowhere near as bad as some people make out.
When I read this forum I keep seeing that Loftus Cheek and Cavaliero are/were absolute garbage, but I've never held that view.
I'll give another view, I think Tim Ream is crap, a liability who will probably cost us 20 points in a season due to hopeless errors
Just Curios do you wear glasses ?
If so you might need stronger ones

filham

Can't let that Ream remark pass without comment as he is now a favourite of mine. What do you think when you hear the frequent Rea---------m chant during matches.

FFCBadger

Callum Chambers! Happy for him  049:gif

AJW48361

Claudio a disappointed tbh felt  FFC not big enough for him.RLC used the season to get fit and not injured and got lavished with praise on reputation while playing normally at a moderate level.Scott managed the team to stay in games with what I thought was a squad that could've survived with the Handbrake off more often.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: AJW48361 on October 27, 2021, 10:13:30 AM
Claudio a disappointed tbh felt  FFC not big enough for him.RLC used the season to get fit and not injured and got lavished with praise on reputation while playing normally at a moderate level.Scott managed the team to stay in games with what I thought was a squad that could've survived with the Handbrake off more often.

Agree with all of this, my main gripe with RLC is he often seemed like he wasn't trying hard enough. This could be because he was worried about an injury flare up or something else, but either way he frustrated me as there's no denying his talent.

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on October 26, 2021, 05:57:48 PM
Just Curios do you wear glasses ?
If so you might need stronger ones

:plus one:

Twig

I have been moderately impressed by RLC's performances for Chelsea this season. However to me that makes his pathetic efforts for us even worse. He clearly has the ability so why on earth did he never show it for us? Shocking!

blingo

Quote from: Twig on October 27, 2021, 12:19:01 PM
I have been moderately impressed by RLC's performances for Chelsea this season. However to me that makes his pathetic efforts for us even worse. He clear.y has the ability so why on earth did he never show it for us? Shocking!

More a case of a good side making him look better than he is, in my view.

Twig

Quote from: blingo on October 27, 2021, 12:54:22 PM
I have been moderately impressed by RLC's performances for Chelsea this season. However to me that makes his pathetic efforts for us even worse. He clear.y has the ability so why on earth did he never show it for us? Shocking!

That was my initial thought but having watched a bit more of him I'd concede that he does enough to deserve his place in their starting eleven, I don't think they carry him.  But to my mind that just makes his perrformances for us all the worse.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 25, 2021, 04:47:17 AM
I have no ill feeling towards any of them, it happens in football one mans hero is another mans villain.
Fans can be fickle and drama queens and perhaps too much concern in my opinion over incidentals that pale into insignificance compared to the bigger picture.
I agree and much prefer bigger pictures.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Twig on October 27, 2021, 02:43:14 PM
Quote from: blingo on October 27, 2021, 12:54:22 PM

That was my initial thought but having watched a bit more of him I'd concede that he does enough to deserve his place in their starting eleven, I don't think they carry him.  But to my mind that just makes his perrformances for us all the worse.

Tuchel's no fool. There is a reason he is out there. Having better players helps, but ultimately I think it is because he is playing so much deeper and it has made his absence of finishing skill less apparent. The goal on the weekend where he ends up assisting Mount was more about his lack of composure as it was great vision.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Lookman scored for Leicester last night, helped them to qualify for the next round of the League Cup