more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth Fans React to their First defeat this season

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, November 03, 2021, 10:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

H3Matt

They went unbeaten for 16 games. What do the expect? A whole season without losing?

I've never cared for them before but this season I'm obsessed and just want to see Parker lose. You can all call him a good manager all you want but the guy's a fraud. Froze out Mitro, played Cavaleiro as a #9 ahead of him....massive joke. We would've stayed up quite comfortably with that squad and literally anyone else as manager.

They'll go up automatically, but it'll be quite a few points behind us when we finish top.

Black and White Town

I don't have any animosity towards Parker. I think he was just the wrong manager for us, particularly in the Prem. If he finds success at another club, well, good for him.
Obviously I hope we give Bournemouth an absolute spanking on December 3rd.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Plodder on November 04, 2021, 03:07:44 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 04, 2021, 11:33:54 AM
Argue all you guys like, I stand by my comment.   Things definitely went sour here with the guy and I get that people didn't enjoy the style of play but that doesn't make somebody a bad manager. 

Bournemouth will be up there. Hopefully behind us, but definitely up there.

I'll say no more on the matter becauase this constant talk about our ex-manager is beyond dull. Get over him, people.

I agree.

As I do.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gang

Quote from: H3Matt on November 04, 2021, 03:23:14 PM
They went unbeaten for 16 games. What do the expect? A whole season without losing?

I've never cared for them before but this season I'm obsessed and just want to see Parker lose. You can all call him a good manager all you want but the guy's a fraud. Froze out Mitro, played Cavaleiro as a #9 ahead of him....massive joke. We would've stayed up quite comfortably with that squad and literally anyone else as manager.

They'll go up automatically, but it'll be quite a few points behind us when we finish top.

I don't believe they will go up automatically, I think it will be us and WBA.

fulhamfan

the anti scott parker thing on here is weird and a bit cringe tbh

mrmicawbers

Quote from: fulhamross on November 04, 2021, 04:28:19 PM
Natural in the way he left for anyone wanting him to do well.Had he been given the boot by us I for one would feel differently

Deeping_white

Bearing in mind he tried to walk in Jan because he didn't want a relegation on his CV, alienated arguably the most prolific striker we've had in the 21st century (who adores the club), pissed off the majority of the dressing room and flat out blanked some players who've since shown they should've had more involvement, AND then flirted with Bournemouth to get that job for months to completely disrespect the club - are you really surprised that some of us want him to fail and be shown up for the one dimensional bore that the media hasn't yet realised he is?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Parker. Again.
The only time I'll care about Bournemouth and if they won or lose, is when we play them twice this season. Other than that, I dont think we should care. Why don't people still obsess over Magath? He was far worse than Parker. Is it because Parker is an ex payer of ours? I remember his playing style well - round and round in circles until passing the ball to the nearest player.

Hes an ex. Who cares?

FFC1987

Do you know what's more boring than Parker threads and posts? People that come on and hijack it to say how boring it is. That and typing 'cringe' in 2021.

Pluto

Not really. He relegated us twice from the premier league whilst isolating our best players, playing cavaleiro up front and scoring the lowest number of home goals in premier league history. We flopped out of the premier league with a barely a whimper - all the while he was trying to engineer a move to his mates at Bournemouth. Yet for some bizarre reason the media seems to laud him as some kind of tactical genius. Of course it grates because we know differently.

Let's not forget that he also tried to extort money from the club on his way out. Money we could have invested in the squad.

bobby01

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 04, 2021, 05:00:01 PM

Bearing in mind he tried to walk in Jan because he didn't want a relegation on his CV, alienated arguably the most prolific striker we've had in the 21st century (who adores the club), pissed off the majority of the dressing room and flat out blanked some players who've since shown they should've had more involvement, AND then flirted with Bournemouth to get that job for months to completely disrespect the club - are you really surprised that some of us want him to fail and be shown up for the one dimensional bore that the media hasn't yet realised he is?

0001.jpeg
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham 442

Exactly this. 

H4usuallysitting

Parker isolated & stop talking to certain player's while trying to get another job at Boscombe TBH

MartyFFC

This gets my nomination for the official FoF post of the week

Ruislip White

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 03, 2021, 11:22:35 PM
They are a good side with a good manager and will be right up there.  People here need to try to begin to understand that.
I agree that he is a good manager based on what I've seen of Bournemouth this season.  He was however a poor manager at Fulham.  He's learnt from his apprenticeship with us, improved and Bournemouth are the beneficiaries.  If we had him after 2 years of experience, we might have seen better football.

HV71

Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 04, 2021, 07:05:42 PM

Exactly this. 

Totally agree - I am not normally at all malicious - but , as I have stated before I just want to shove his face in. It's both wrong , and childish but I'm just being honest about my reaction to him. When he treads onto the pitch at the Cottage I will not boo him but will do what he did to us - turn my back on him. It is what he deserves and if everyone did it would make a silent statement to a man that many of us tried to support in spite of the dire football and bizarre decisions he made.

MJG

Could not have put it any better and that's just the public bits.
Just the views of a long term fan

RaySmith

I don't have anything against the bloke.
I'm not privy to insider talk, and don't take much notice of it.

He was a popular choice when appointed manager, and got us up first time of asking, though many found  the style he got us playing in, hard to watch.

His  team selections were often unpopular, but  what manager doesn't  sometimes leave out a  fan' favourite player - maybe wrongly, but the manager has to make these sorts of decisions, and is paid for that.

I only ask - would he really let personal feuds, or dislike get in the way of selecting the team he thought  could get the best result, when his job was on the line?

He failed in the Prem, though at one point we looked likely to stay up, and had some great results, and were unlucky in few games, with ref decisions, creating chances but  not taking them, etc

But Tigana also failed, and was sacked  for our Prem performance, as was Jokanavich, as was Coleman - well all our Prem managers have been sacked and seen as failures , I think, except Roy, and Hughes - who wasn't popular at Fulham, and Parker wasn't sacked, of course, but  the circumstances of his leaving have made  some fans angry,  but  I'm not  interested in all that -does anyone really know exactly what went on between Parker and the club anyway?

Probably rights and wrongs on both sides, but I'm not interested in any of it, and not into gossip - Parker is gone, and  have nothing against the man  personally - well, i don't really have a view, but supported him as a Fulham player and manager, as i would anyone  who managed the club, and feel all the personal abuse doesn't seem a very  appropriate for Fulham fans - I thought we were better than that.

Parker must be doing something right at Bournemouth, maybe  he's learnt from his Fulham experience, but i hope we do better than them, and their wheels  come off - or one wheel at least!

Time to move on from Scott Parker, anyway - he's gone, move on!

RoyTund

It's understandable why some want him to fail and want to talk about it, and equally others not so bothered. But I'm not sure it's a great narrative to be told to move on or get over it. How about not engaging the conversation if not interested.

From their forum chat over the season they know they have got away with games, hanging on (e.g
Luton) and it's certainly not the first time concerns about the actual performances being raised. We know Parker's mentality and it's the same at Bournemouth where, like us in 19/20,  they have better players than most in this league.  We went up through the play offs then, great, but my view was that given our squad we underperformed not maximising our attacking strength.