watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth Fans React to their First defeat this season

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, November 03, 2021, 10:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

So if Eddie Howe goes to  Newcastle how many of Bournemouth will follow, Didnt he want to take their DoF with him to Celtic

sunburywhite

Quote from: RaySmith on November 05, 2021, 06:30:35 AM
I don't have anything against the bloke.
I'm not privy to insider talk, and don't take much notice of it.

He was a popular choice when appointed manager, and got us up first time of asking, though many found  the style he got us playing in, hard to watch.

His  team selections were often unpopular, but  what manager doesn't  sometimes leave out a  fan' favourite player - maybe wrongly, but the manager has to make these sorts of decisions, and is paid for that.

I only ask - would he really let personal feuds, or dislike get in the way of selecting the team he thought  could get the best result, when his job was on the line?

He failed in the Prem, though at one point we looked likely to stay up, and had some great results, and were unlucky in few games, with ref decisions, creating chances but  not taking them, etc

But Tigana also failed, and was sacked  for our Prem performance, as was Jokanavich, as was Coleman - well all our Prem managers have been sacked and seen as failures , I think, except Roy, and Hughes - who wasn't popular at Fulham, and Parker wasn't sacked, of course, but  the circumstances of his leaving have made  some fans angry,  but  I'm not  interested in all that -does anyone really know exactly what went on between Parker and the club anyway?

Probably rights and wrongs on both sides, but I'm not interested in any of it, and not into gossip - Parker is gone, and  have nothing against the man  personally - well, i don't really have a view, but supported him as a Fulham player and manager, as i would anyone  who managed the club, and feel all the personal abuse doesn't seem a very  appropriate for Fulham fans - I thought we were better than that.

Parker must be doing something right at Bournemouth, maybe  he's learnt from his Fulham experience, but i hope we do better than them, and their wheels  come off - or one wheel at least!

Time to move on from Scott Parker, anyway - he's gone, move on!

Great post Ray
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MartyFFC

lol, I'm bored by people talking about Parker and Bournemouth; but persist with clicking on threads about them and taking the time to respond. Weird. I think I click on less than 5% of threads on here as most of them don't interest me, if I were to click on them all to express my boredom I wouldn't get much else done

Fulham 442

Quote from: RoyTund on November 05, 2021, 06:02:58 PM
It's understandable why some want him to fail and want to talk about it, and equally others not so bothered. But I'm not sure it's a great narrative to be told to move on or get over it. How about not engaging the conversation if not interested.

From their forum chat over the season they know they have got away with games, hanging on (e.g
Luton) and it's certainly not the first time concerns about the actual performances being raised. We know Parker's mentality and it's the same at Bournemouth where, like us in 19/20,  they have better players than most in this league.  We went up through the play offs then, great, but my view was that given our squad we underperformed not maximising our attacking strength.
zz
I agree Roy.  There are many threads that are of no interest to me on here so I just scroll on by, I don't lecture others not to have the conversation if they want to.  To my mind there is no comparison between SP and, quite frankly, crap managers like Magath and Sanchez etc, that we have had in the past.  Deeping White's post sums up exactly why I feel the way I feel about Parker, especially the way he engineered his move to Bournemouth.  He could have kept us up with better tactics too imo.  I hope the wheels come off at Bournemouth simply because he is their manager.