https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth crumbling!

Started by Ss12white, November 21, 2021, 01:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Watch Sir, they will fold like a wet newspaper

SG

If nothing else it demonstrates that in this league every game is a potential banana skin unless there is 100% focus. Wednesday will be tough

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I would hope that every Fulham player was glued to the tv today watching our next opponents and spotting their possible weaknesses.
Before today Derby has a remarkably low goals scored and yet they manage three against the league leaders.
Two days for our team to discuss tactics

blingo

Quote from: SG on November 21, 2021, 02:38:48 PM
If nothing else it demonstrates that in this league every game is a potential banana skin unless there is 100% focus. Wednesday will be tough

It's a game of fine margins Mr SG lol

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 21, 2021, 02:48:11 PM
Before today Derby has a remarkably low goals scored and yet they manage three against the league leaders.
Not to be pedantic.... but Bournemouth weren't the League leaders .. we were... 🤣🤣👍👍
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Deeping_white

I believe that's a 6 point swing in 7 games from us being 5 behind Bournemouth after the Coventry game and 11 played, to being 1 ahead from 18 played

SP

Didn't see the whole game but the lad up front for Bournemouth looked to be strolling though the game, wonder if he's already agreed a January move?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

People need to stop getting carried away. Yes the weekend was the best it could possibly be for us, but we have to play them both still. And we play those games in the very near future. Once we have got a result against both sides, we can get carried away. It would be silly to now though. 

General

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Our next three games include playing the two teams that have recently beaten them and then Bournemouth themselves. It may not be them. It may not be that clear cut.

Derby are a side out to prove a point. Bournemouth may have an increasing focus for our game if they're on the back of a run of poor form.

keithh

I understand the saying about counting chickens etc. but for some reason I cannot stop grinning.

I Ronic

Without the points deducted this season Derby would be a mid table side currently. The points deducted last week gave them a real an "us against the world" mentality. Which played a huge part in their win.  Teams will now be thinking that Bournemouth are beatable and they may start to get the jitters.
We've got a huge game Wednesday. Beat a Derby side bolstered by the win and cementing our place at the top for the moment, hopefully longer COYW!

ianthailand

They've only got a minus 2 goal difference. That maybe more indicative of their ability.

filham

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on November 21, 2021, 02:21:14 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 21, 2021, 02:15:07 PM
Quote from: bobbo on November 21, 2021, 02:09:39 PM
They're just keeping West Brom warm .

Hope that Bournemouth beat WBA when they play again. As much as I'd love to be Champions, an ever increasing gap over 3rd is more important.
Oh... interesting shout..... I was just thinking a West Brom win puts more pressure on Bournemouth....
If they can take points off each other that gains us 2 points.... as they cannot both lose, a 0-0 will do surely?

Interesting, a couple of draws has to be the best for us as that would mean each of them dropping four points.

WindyCity

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 21, 2021, 03:33:19 PM
People need to stop getting carried away. Yes the weekend was the best it could possibly be for us, but we have to play them both still. And we play those games in the very near future. Once we have got a result against both sides, we can get carried away. It would be silly to now though.

Yup!  Best to put a lid on all the chicken counting............and joyful exuberance...........

WindyCity

Quote from: Nero on November 21, 2021, 02:09:30 PM
Parkers no good when the pressures on him

Didn't see game and not meaning to pile on all the neg SP chatter, but they did have a one goal lead after 38 mins.  Maybe SP geared his troops down into Parkerball mode?  Don't know, but maybe?

H4usuallysitting

The great thing is, Boscombe did us a favour in losing today.... show's we can't just turn up on Wednesday and expect to win.... Derby will be up for the game, and this is the championship

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 21, 2021, 03:33:19 PM

Yep.

Totally enjoy the moment and what was a great performance but FGS people, lets not  start all of this cruiser ship bollocks again.

WindyCity

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 21, 2021, 04:52:24 PM
The great thing is, Boscombe did us a favour in losing today.... show's we can't just turn up on Wednesday and expect to win.... Derby will be up for the game, and this is the championship

Yep.  Good point.  Derby will be a tough match, and if the lads take them lightly, they will end up on the losing end......

bobbo

Quote from: blingo on November 21, 2021, 02:26:23 PM
As the season wears on they will lose form as they don't have the depth or strength of squad that we have. They have been extremely lucky to get away with a draw or win in a few games. Parker will start playing not to lose and THAT will be their biggest downfall. They won't finish in the top six.

COME ON YOU FULHAM
you could be right blingo . I should have had a bet this weekend but I don't know how , I reckoned we'd win beyond all hopes I wanted derby to win and at my football club last man standing I had man c to win , they all came I'm in the last eight of 135 to win £650
1975 just leaving home full of hope