watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer list Jan and Summer

Started by LC, November 30, 2021, 11:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

One of the main reasons we didn't stay up in the PL last season was due to the fact we didn't get players in early enough, if we had things may have been different. Here's my list, some add depth, some would be starters. If we could get some of them in January great, but we should already have a summer list ready to go.

In
Areola
Rob Holding
Max Aarons
Ben Davies
Thomas Delaney
Tom Davies
Steven Bergwijn
Callum Wilson OR Andre Silva (if we have big money available)
John Swift (only if Fabio Carv leaves in January)
Callum Hudson-Odoi (loan?)   

Out
Fabri
Terence Kongolo
Cyrus Christie
Denis Odoi
Tim Ream (a year extension?)
Ivan Cav 
Joe Bryan
Gazzanigna
Knockaert
Nathaniel Chalobah
josh Onomah
Quina
Kamara (has he left already on a permanent?)
Anguisse

Some of the 'outs' would be loans like Chalobah for example.

That would be my list anyway, what are your thoughts, what players would you like to see?

St Eve

I would keep Odoi, Ream, Kongolo (hopefully) and Bryan.

Vuk1

Areola would be fantastic. For me he was the best player in the prior EPL campaign.
Cannot say i've been following the other listed players closely but if possible another quality central defender would be good.

Litrecola_

You would have to think Areola would like to come back if we get promoted. I would hold on to Joe Bryan for injury cover tbh.

JackHamlet90

If we make 10/11 changes we will go down again.
Need to keep similar squad this time like Brentford did & add in 3/4 quality additions

Craven Mad

I don't think any of those 'Ins' would come to the Championship in January...

WestSussexWhite

We certainly don't want to change the whole squad again, it hasn't worked either of the last 2 times, stability is key

junior white

Some decent names there

In
Areola - can't join to summer season one loan to WHU
Rob Holding - know some AFC fans who would willingly drive him to us
Max Aarons
Ben Davies
Thomas Delaney
Tom Davies
Steven Bergwijn
John Swift (only if Fabio Carv leaves in January) - perosnally wouldnt go for Swift far better available
Callum Hudson-Odoi (loan?) - no chance playing for Chelsea and also has some very lofty suitors

As for the outs
Out
Fabri - not even sure where he is these days
Terence Kongolo
Cyrus Christie
Denis Odoi
Ivan Cav 
Joe Bryan
Gazzanigna - as AA cant come (if he wants to that is or if MS even wants him) to summer have to keep
Knockaert
Nathaniel Chalobah
josh Onomah
Quina - Send back
Kamara (has he left already on a permanent?) - already left on a perm deal
Anguissa - rumour is a deal done for a Jan transfer (hence the Fulgini link along with Seri being at the AFCON that is)

JimOG

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 01, 2021, 07:32:08 AM
We certainly don't want to change the whole squad again, it hasn't worked either of the last 2 times, stability is key

No - but we do need to graft a number of very good players to our current squad. Of our current starting X1 for me Rodak, Tete, Tosin, Robinson, Reed, Seri, Wilson, Mitro, Fabio, Muniz, Kebano should be in a Prem squad - but not many would be guaranteed starters if we're to stay up.

Instead of Fungili (sp?) I'd like to see us buy Nathan Philips from Liverpool in January. He reminds me of Dunk and we need a settled back 5 before season end that would start.

ashteadFFC

Personally I think we need to be careful on how much change we introduce in a short period of time. Clearly some will go and need to go - but we need to keep the team ethos intact which seems pretty good at the moment. Defence is a very important area to make sure we solid - so maybe an addition here. I do think Mitro can cut it in the prem - he proved that with 11 goals in our first recent promotion. But we do need another striker - we might get away with Mitro injured at the moment in Championship but we will not in the prem.

Fulham 442

Quote from: junior white on December 01, 2021, 08:11:19 AM
Some decent names there

As for the outs
Out
Terence Kongolo
Cyrus Christie
Denis Odoi
Ivan Cav 
Joe Bryan
Gazzanigna - as AA cant come (if he wants to that is or if MS even wants him) to summer have to keep
Knockaert
Nathaniel Chalobah
josh Onomah
Quina - Send back
Anguissa - rumour is a deal done for a Jan transfer (hence the Fulgini link along with Seri being at the AFCON that is)
Quote from: junior white on December 01, 2021, 08:11:19 AM
Some decent names there

In
Areola - can't join to summer season one loan to WHU
Rob Holding - know some AFC fans who would willingly drive him to us
Max Aarons
Ben Davies
Thomas Delaney
Tom Davies
Steven Bergwijn
John Swift (only if Fabio Carv leaves in January) - perosnally wouldnt go for Swift far better available
Callum Hudson-Odoi (loan?) - no chance playing for Chelsea and also has some very lofty suitors

As for the outs
Out
Terence Kongolo
Cyrus Christie
Denis Odoi
Ivan Cav 
Joe Bryan
Knockaert
Nathaniel Chalobah
josh Onomah
Quina - Send back
Only commenting on the outs as I don't know enough about the proposed ins, apart from Areola who I would love to have back in the summer.
Fabri - should definitely go.  A kid was picked instead of him for the bench last time out which says it all.
Kongolo - will he ever be fit again?  If so keep him, if not who would take him?
Christie - agreed, Silva clearly doesn't rate him
Odoi - what a fantastic servant to the club he has been but certainly not Prem level
Ream - already signed a year's extension and will be heading back to the States in the summer
Ivan Cav - would love to see him depart, has never really been consistent for us
Bryan/Gazza - would keep both as back up, especially if we can't get AA
Knocky - think we would both benefit if he moved on to a team where he could command a regular place
Chalobah - I would keep him, he looked promising when he played
Onomah - would be happy to see him go
Quina - ship back.  Silva has alluded to the fact he doesn't work hard...
Kamara/Anguissa - all been said above

Twig

I'd love to get Areola but absolutely no way is thatgoing to happen.  He will be WHU's number 1 next year as Fabianski moves towards retirement and maybe coaching.

filham

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on December 01, 2021, 06:26:23 AM
If we make 10/11 changes we will go down again.
Need to keep similar squad this time like Brentford did & add in 3/4 quality additions

Fully agree ,surely we have learnt that splashing £100m on a new team doesn't work, We just need to reinforce with real quality in a few places to start with.

Priorities
1. Retain Carvalho, Tete, Tosin, Wilson, Seri, Robinson, and  Mitro.to form basis of team .
Then sign Areola,  Andersen, A new top midfield general and a wide man to assist Mitro.

ALG01

we do not need a new keeper, it is not a proiority and the money better spent elsewhere.

I agree with some names on the 'out list' and not others but it serves no purpose to worry now because it is November and in fact to include the acting captain and the alternative right back and utility player is a bit of an insult. They may not be starters if we go up but they would be valuable assets to have in the squad.
regarding incoming.... we will have to wait and see who is actually avaialble but silva is shrewd and I am sure will want the business concluded early.

Jim©

Quote from: LC on November 30, 2021, 11:57:17 PM

Out
Fabri- yep, save on some wages
Terence Kongolo- if he can get fit, people will understand why we've held on for so long
Cyrus Christie- yep 100%- could do a very good job for Champ team- even as back up for Prem team
Denis Odoi - ideal back up to keep- 3rd choice RB/LB even CB if we're really pushed
Tim Ream (a year extension?) - probably our best CB so far this season, I'd not be too keen to get rid
Ivan Cav  - yep, again probably do a job for someone somewhere. If he could play like he did v Huddersfield all the time....
Joe Bryan - Nope, 100% keep the guy, though he must be frustrated watching someone ahead of him who struggles to kick a ball sometimes- so think he may want to go.
Gazzanigna - seen nothing as bad as people make out about him. No clangers really- perhapas depends on bringing in another number 1
Knockaert - yep, see if we can get him off the wage bill. Like the bloke and his workrate, but he's not going to get many chances is he?
Nathaniel Chalobah- No, i'd keep the guy, he's a very very good midfielder as shown in glimpses before injury.
josh Onomah- again, i'd keep the bloke. He was running things for us at the start of the season and he's more than a good back up.
Quina - off he goes, a shame really.
Kamara (has he left already on a permanent?) - gone
Anguisse - going I'm sure. He's burned his bridges with us, time to get whatever £ we can back for him unfortunately.

Denver Fulham

I don't understand this sentiment. We only changed the whole squad last time because the one we went up with was getting embarrassed weekly.

Similarly, we need to add quality to this roster should we go up. What works for some guys (like Seri) in the Champ won't be allowed in the Prem.

Jim©

Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 01, 2021, 02:16:09 PM

I don't understand this sentiment. We only changed the whole squad last time because the one we went up with was getting embarrassed weekly.

Similarly, we need to add quality to this roster should we go up. What works for some guys (like Seri) in the Champ won't be allowed in the Prem.

We went down last season for one reason really- we didn't take the chances that came our way.
If we'd improved that ability we'd still be in the Prem league (not because of the evil Scott Parker- as some people see him, nor the dastardly Director of Football- as some people think him).
Our conversion rate needs to improve- having Wilson, a back-to-firing-Mitro and an attacking midfield that can contribute goals will help.
You could argue that Andersen & Areola will require replacing of course. which won't be an easy job at all.

Andy S

Do we want to stay up. This season is far more exciting

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 01, 2021, 02:16:09 PM

Well I think WSW is right - but you also mentioned the word quality which is correct.  However, it is crazy to repeat the same mistake of trying to replace half of the team in June/July season and then expecting the team to be ready for the beginning of August.

I think we will need 4-5 absolute quality signings (if possible better players than those proposed by the original poster), but integrate no more than 3 of them immediately into team. That way - starting the new season with a stronger first 11, but one that still retains the cohesion and team spirit from this season. 

Last season we were not far off - but negative tactics and RLC put paid to any chance that we had.

I would be happy for the following 8 players to start the first game next season:

Rodak
Robinson
Tosin
Tete
Reed
Wilson
Carvalho
Mitrovic

The main weakness is centre half - we need a player of Andersen's quality and in midfield, where we need bigger stronger players who also offer some creativity and goal threat (I'm thinking of players in a similar mould to West Ham's duo of Declan Rice and Soucek).

If we could sign Areola that would also be great and perhaps a player to challenge Kebano for a first team spot (in other words someone better than Cavaleiro and Knockaert!)

LC

To clarify my original post, All the players I think should come in shouldn't necessarily start. I would have thought 6 players from the current lineup will start next season.

The core of the team as I see it: Tosin, Tete, Reed, Seri, Fabio Cav and Mitrovic. You can throw Wilson in there as well. That's 6 or 7 players i would expect to play next season, but I think we can improve on the other positions as well as providing new players to compete for places- Mitrovic should have a direct competitor for example