watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabio Carvalho

Started by Ss12white, December 04, 2021, 04:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Fabio is a super talented playerand at 19 has    no real experience of senior football. It showed  against Bournemout which can only be expected in that type of game . His is great with ball but his biggest asset to us at present in my opinion is his mobility. Hes able to get in behind and also works icredibly hard to win the ball back early when we have lost possession coming round the blind side of players and stealing it from them .

It was a slight lack of composure  and  his decision making  that  meant he didint perform as well as usual. But this was a big game and they were dirty at times . He is a fantastic player and to be able to produce his best in a game like that he would have  needed the one thing he doesnt have -experience.

Mince n Tatties

The boy has got natural talent,which you can't teach.
But he's done nothing out of the ordinary so far that is way above lots of youngsters at other clubs.
The press nowadays follow each other around with the same stories,they hear someone like Klopp say that boy at Fulham looks to be talented,and next minute the press headline is "Liverpool chasing Fulham young star"..
All these top clubs have scouts everywhere looking at young talent,doesn't mean they going to sign them all.
Good young players are hyped up by clubs and the press,but it's a hard old game at times,and many fail to live up to the hype.
Remember the furore about Jack Rodwell a few years ago,the so called best English talent in years.
Where is he now.
Let's wait and see what happens,I hope the boy stays and doesn't have his head turned by agents.

Gezza

Quote from: spoonffc on December 04, 2021, 07:24:59 PM
He's the real deal, OP you haven't got a clue

The OP  is only expressing an opinion and called for comments. No need to be nasty.

spoonffc

not nasty, just expressing my opinion.

Twig

Quote from: spoonffc on December 05, 2021, 05:09:55 PM

Well it was a very blunt opinion.

Pluto

He didn't have his best game on Friday night but I think he's a brilliant little player, especially considering he's still only 19. He has everything - just needs to hone his craft with regular first team football, which is why he'd be best served staying a couple more seasons with us.

Gezza

Quote from: spoonffc on December 05, 2021, 05:09:55 PM

No just being rude to a fellow fan.  No need for it.

keithh

Yes, it was a rude reply.

blingo

If he goes to a top club he will just be another bench warmer

paulbrookersmazydribbles

I think Fab's got all the attributes to be a leading player. I hope he can be persuaded that regular football at Fulham is best for his immediate development.

Sting of the North

Quote from: winterline on December 05, 2021, 01:22:58 AM
Big clubs have money to gamble on young players, it's a question of whether or not the player themselves are sensible and have people around who are the same or are they all looking for the greener grass and pay checks.

The number of young players that leave and make it is low, two sides gambling. He can start here or likely be loaned and loaned then come back to sit on a bench in a big club. Sessegnon has only four starts and one sub appearance this year for Spurs, Elliot has just one start and one sub appearance for Liverpool this year, both left in 2019. All big clubs have money to buy players ready to play in starting 11, gamble away...

You do know Elliot got injured right? And he started 3 (not 1) of Liverpool's 4 PL games before that. As an 18 year old. Hardly a good example of why Fabio shouldn't make the move, in my opinion. And Sessegnon is still only 21, had some bad timing with injuries and manager changes and has finally maybe gotten a chance with a new manager (and had a fairly good loan spell in the Bundesliga last year), so maybe shouldn't write him off either.

bobby01

I actually think he is staying tbh.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

spoonffc

It was blunt, but I feel very strongly that cav will be playing at the very highest level, so strongly that any reference to him being over hyped is in my opinion clueless

colinwhite

I once heard someone say that a talent , a young player who looks to have it all there , is actually a good player who has yet to prove he can be a top player. Carvalho has all the potential but if you were purely judgeing him on friday nights performance , he has a lot to prove and improve to look like a top level player. That isnt clueless just pragatci and based on experience.   

For the record I believe he may well be aplayer who ends a playing for a reall y top side. But he has along way to go and its his perception of this point that may well define how far he ends up going.

Twig

Quote from: spoonffc on December 06, 2021, 01:58:21 PM
It was blunt, but I feel very strongly that cav will be playing at the very highest level, so strongly that any reference to him being over hyped is in my opinion clueless

Well, if your high opinion is proved wrong then you will need to eat one hell of a portion of humble pie as you will be the clueless one.

Those of us who have been around the block a bit tend to take a more npmeasured view.

Tabby

Quote from: bobby01 on December 06, 2021, 11:21:14 AM
I actually think he is staying tbh.

Hope so, I think he is the real deal.

Nick Bateman

Perhaps his quaffed head has been tapped by his agent, one does not know. He hasn't been as good as before his deviated metatarsal but for one so young I feel he is a terrific prospect that Fulham discovered. Letting him go now would be financial folly in the slightest.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

winterline

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 06, 2021, 09:54:24 AM
Quote from: winterline on December 05, 2021, 01:22:58 AM
Big clubs have money to gamble on young players, it's a question of whether or not the player themselves are sensible and have people around who are the same or are they all looking for the greener grass and pay checks.

The number of young players that leave and make it is low, two sides gambling. He can start here or likely be loaned and loaned then come back to sit on a bench in a big club. Sessegnon has only four starts and one sub appearance this year for Spurs, Elliot has just one start and one sub appearance for Liverpool this year, both left in 2019. All big clubs have money to buy players ready to play in starting 11, gamble away...

You do know Elliot got injured right? And he started 3 (not 1) of Liverpool's 4 PL games before that. As an 18 year old. Hardly a good example of why Fabio shouldn't make the move, in my opinion. And Sessegnon is still only 21, had some bad timing with injuries and manager changes and has finally maybe gotten a chance with a new manager (and had a fairly good loan spell in the Bundesliga last year), so maybe shouldn't write him off either.

I checked and am not sure how i got the appearances and subs wrong, you are correct, 4 appearances 1 sub this year for Elliot.

A gamble is to bet on an uncertain outcome, it's not a write off, it's anywhere from 100% to 0%, it's unknowable. Buying young players is just that, no guarantee. Just like you said , the manager can be an issue, fitness can be an issue, so no guarantee that a current or future manager will keep/favor a player or that the player will stay fit. If a club can afford the gamble it's not an issue for the club, it's just a gamble for the player to take, hence, gamble away...

Sting of the North

And similarly staying at a club is a gamble. Your post suggested that you believed that Sessegnon and Elliott had made a gamble that didn't pay off, at least not yet. Maybe that was not your point at all. Apologies if that was not what you meant.

RaySmith

I thought he was targeted  by B/mouth, as were all our potential scorers, and the victim of some heavy challenges, often not punished, and closing down with several  players on him..

I think he, and Mitro, Wilson and Kebano particularly, did well under the circumstances, and did well to keep going and get a result, though we should have scored more with all the chances we created.

I do think Carvalho is incredibly talented, with great  pace and control, and a strong work ethic, and confidence for his age.