watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fabio Carvalho

Started by Ss12white, December 04, 2021, 04:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ss12white

Whilst I rate the young guy, I haven't seen anything that would suggest he is at the level of some the teams being quoted as interested in him. Real and Barca so on, he has zero chance of making the first team of any one the top clubs in prem let alone the world. Best can hope for is a u23's slot and maybe go out on loan somewhere half decent.

Thoughts?

Tabby

People said the same about Elliott and Liverpool, and he was starting games this season (prior to the injury). He was decent, but not brilliant for Blackburn last season, no more so than Carvalho has been for us this season. You'd be surprised how relatively small the difference in quality is.

WindyCity

I think he's a very good player.  There were a couple of moves he made 1 v 1 that I thought were really special.  Great presence and knowledge of the game.  Still very young.  Would probably agree with the OP that he likely couldn't make starting XI on some top clubs, but that's only due to his youth and inexperience at top level competition.  But methinks he could turn out to be a really good elite player.

St Eve

No question in my mind that he is going to be a very good player. I wish we had a chance to keep him

Jules

His best chance of making a top top player is to spend the next couple of seasons with us and establish himself. He's done nothing in the game yet to warrant a move to a huge club. If he goes in the next few months I suspect he'll just sit on a bench or get loaned out

KJS

Good player just needs to stay on his feet more and needs to build body strength as he's to easily knocked of the ball

Ruislip White

He's very good at finding pockets of space, turning quickly and looking for opportunities to attack.  Agree with OP, he's not a necessarily even a top flight player yet, and he his best shot is developing with us.

Needs to fill out and get stronger, which will happen over the next couple of years.

filham

Carvalho looks good in our team but is not going to walk into a top six club's starting eleven. His immediate development could best be served by a couple of seasons with Fulham in the premier league.
He needs to listen to experienced people other than his agent whose interests have to be mainly short term financial.

AJW48361

I thought his temperament let him down last night t

H4usuallysitting

I would of played TC in his place yesterday.....it needed TC's brain.....but, he'll be a very good player

spoonffc

He's the real deal, OP you haven't got a clue

perry geyton

I agree he's good but completely overhyped

perry geyton

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 04, 2021, 06:21:10 PM
I would of played TC in his place yesterday.....it needed TC's brain.....but, he'll be a very good player
Exactly what I thought when I looked at the team sheet, Cairney starts that game we would of won

perry geyton

Quote from: Tabby on December 04, 2021, 04:10:33 PM
People said the same about Elliott and Liverpool, and he was starting games this season (prior to the injury). He was decent, but not brilliant for Blackburn last season, no more so than Carvalho has been for us this season. You'd be surprised how relatively small the difference in quality is.
I never questioned Elliot's ability, the real deal from what I saw of him

On the other hand I'd compare Fabio more to Ryan who should of stuck around

filham

Quote from: perry geyton on December 04, 2021, 07:28:31 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 04, 2021, 06:21:10 PM
Exactly what I thought when I looked at the team sheet, Cairney starts that game we would of won
The midfield trio to start against Luton is a dilema, chosse three from Siri, Cairney, Reed, Carvalho. You couldn't go far wrong if you put the four names in a hat and pulled out three.

Somerset Fulham

It's a terrible, terrible dilemma to have, eh?

Chalobah is on his way back too..

sarnian

Quote from: KJS on December 04, 2021, 05:30:23 PM
Good player just needs to stay on his feet more and needs to build body strength as he's to easily knocked of the ball

You've hit the nail on the head. Good player who knows how to find space, but is still maturing and needs to learn how not to be knocked off the ball so easily.

simplyfulham

Worth remembering that he counts as a home grown player, so for any English based sides playing in Europe that's a huge bonus.

If you're a foreign club (Barca, Madrid, etc) you can pick him up for potentially a massively reduced fee (because of the compensation rules if he moves abroad) and then potentially sell him back to an English club in two or three years time when he's good enough to make the bench for a big team, for probably about twenty times the fee you bought him for.

That's just sensible business if you're Barca.

winterline

Big clubs have money to gamble on young players, it's a question of whether or not the player themselves are sensible and have people around who are the same or are they all looking for the greener grass and pay checks.

The number of young players that leave and make it is low, two sides gambling. He can start here or likely be loaned and loaned then come back to sit on a bench in a big club. Sessegnon has only four starts and one sub appearance this year for Spurs, Elliot has just one start and one sub appearance for Liverpool this year, both left in 2019. All big clubs have money to buy players ready to play in starting 11, gamble away...

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

His movement off the ball is as good as players twice his age, its something you can't teach.
He will be a superb player, if he carries on how he's going. However, he needs to stay with us for at least another year. When we go up, a year in the Premier league with us, would be the best option all round. We could then get a lot more money for him. But young players heads are turned by this sort of talk.