watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, January 07, 2022, 10:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Hopefully we have an FA Cup game at noon tomorrow .
So with five critical Championship matches scheduled between 8th &29th Jan what is your team selection for the cup tie.
No way would I risk players needed for the Championship games and therefore would select:-

Gazzaniga
                                          Christie       Hector          Ream       Bryan
                                                            Onomah      Chalobah
                                                                       BDR
                                          Knochhart                                Cavaleiro
                                                                    Muniz
No where near our best team but one that should be capable of a good cup performance against Bristol City.

South Coast White

Personally think we should be playing some of the first team squad, it's been quite a while now since any of them have played and need to be match ready before our catch up league games begin.

JimmyConway

Can't see Christie starting shame as his a decent right back at this level. Think he'll go Odoi at right back. I can see the argument for Onomah & Chalobah but creativity is a concern. Cavaleiro more than likely needs a game or two since being out for a fair amount of time. Knockeart bit like Christie not sure whether he starts. Might look to play BDR on right and get more games under his belt for Cairney in the more attacking midfield role. Would look at Mawson playing next to Hector give him a run out.
Not knowing who the two positives players are might all be irrelevant.

Woolly Mammoth

We have to play some of the first team squad if we want to win and at the same time give them much needed game time and minutes as we have had a huge break, and include a couple Academy players.
Wrapping players up in cotton wool in case there is a Viking Raid or an earthquake is foolish and soft. You have to consider that with three subs it means that six players won't play a full game.
I am sure the players wish to play and this nonsense about protecting players when they are match fit and clear of injury is counter productive and ludicrous.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WestSussexWhite

I think it will be a mix of first teamers and squad players. Kongolo may well be involved, Chalobah too

Bill2

Need to play first team squad as no game since 21st Dec and will need some.competitive game time. But use the rules to make 5 subs in 2nd half irrespective of score.

Bill2

Just read the Friday Stuff post and I would be surprised if Fab is picked as a starter. If he is going hope in all fairness let the club know and those predatory clubs do the deed early and not wait until the last day.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Bill2 on January 07, 2022, 11:04:20 AM
Just read the Friday Stuff post and I would be surprised if Fab is picked as a starter. If he is going hope in all fairness let the club know and those predatory clubs do the deed early and not wait until the last day.

They'd presumably prefer Fabio to not be cup-tied as well.

Whitestone

I doubt we'll see Cavaleiro because he's not ready yet according to Silva. Christie is almost certain to go this month and according to reports has found a club so it's unlikely he'll play any part. As for Knockhart who knows ?
Sylvester Jasper has returned from his loan at Colchester so he could come into the frame and Ziyad Larkeche has been getting great reviews for the U23s so an opportunity for him maybe along with others from that group. It's more than about time youth were given a chance.

junior white

Agree with those saying the first team squad or at lest some should play, we haven't had a game for around 3 weeks. We need to get the rust out of the legs, i would think playing 6 first teamers at be prudent.

Ronnief

Quote from: Whitestone on January 07, 2022, 11:19:12 AM
I doubt we'll see Cavaleiro because he's not ready yet according to Silva. Christie is almost certain to go this month and according to reports has found a club so it's unlikely he'll play any part. As for Knockhart who knows ?
Sylvester Jasper has returned from his loan at Colchester so he could come into the frame and Ziyad Larkeche has been getting great reviews for the U23s so an opportunity for him maybe along with others from that group. It's more than about time youth were given a chance.
Jasper will not play tomorrow as he played for Colchester in the last round of the FA cup.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 07, 2022, 10:51:40 AM
We have to play some of the first team squad if we want to win and at the same time give them much needed game time and minutes as we have had a huge break, and include a couple Academy players.
Wrapping players up in cotton wool in case there is a Viking Raid or an earthquake is foolish and soft. You have to consider that with three subs it means that six players won't play a full game.
I am sure the players wish to play and this nonsense about protecting players when they are match fit and clear of injury is counter productive and ludicrous.

+1

Lordedmundo

Gazzaniga

Sessegnon Hector Mawson Larkeche

Chalobah
Francois Pajaziti

Carvalho Kebano
Muniz

Subs:
Rodak, Tosin, Bryan, Onomah, Wilson, Mitrovic

Personally I don't see the point in giving Christie game time if he is leaving. I also don't think Knockaart has anything to offer, so cannot justify a place for him.  It would be good to see a few of the younger players come in and show what they can do. I've put Kebano in, as I think he needs to play himself back into form (he was woeful in the last match, and we know that he is better than that). Ditto Wilson to some extent...

Southdowns White

Get our first team on the pitch, No win in 5 and then a long break, they need to get something working before the league games start happening next week.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Southdowns White on January 07, 2022, 12:20:07 PM
Get our first team on the pitch, No win in 5 and then a long break, they need to get something working before the league games start happening next week.

We have 5 games in 19 days after the FA cup so playing them 6 times in 22 days isn't a very clever idea to be honest

We Are Premier League

Cairney and Reid for Seri and Carvalho, no other changes from last game, we need the starters to play after the long'ish break.

Jim©

I'd hope it's at least a half strong team as it appears City will only make one or two changes from their usual side.
Saying that, many were in agreement early in the season (me included) that a second 11 should get in or around the top 6!

Gazza
Odoi Hec Mawson Bryan
            Chalobah
        Onomah   TC
Cav      Muniz    Knock/BDR/Stansfield

WolverineFFC

I'm most curious to see who starts as the deep lying midfielder. Seri is gone for the month and Reed is unlikely to play all of the upcoming fixtures. My bet is Chalobah, but I wonder if Francois is fit enough to play 60 minutes.

filham

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 07, 2022, 12:51:42 PM

We have 5 games in 19 days after the FA cup so playing them 6 times in 22 days isn't a very clever idea to be honest
Yes and the 5th game is against Blackpool who have already beaten us, a tired jaded weakened Fulham team could well give them a double against us.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: filham on January 07, 2022, 02:36:56 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 07, 2022, 12:51:42 PM

Yes and the 5th game is against Blackpool who have already beaten us, a tired jaded weakened Fulham team could well give them a double against us.

The Blackpool game is highly likely to be postponed due to international call ups, if we have more than 3 players called up we can request the game be postponed. There is a non-European international break that weekend