watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Chris Wood to Newcastle for 25 million

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 13, 2022, 04:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

12 million for Trippier, 25 million for Wood. God I hope they get crushed, relegated, and financially gutted with their new blood-money owners.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

H4usuallysitting

Wood & Trippier have a combined age of 108..... And if they were a doggy, they'd not be very well....and that is the truth

MartyFFC

Heads will roll if they don't stay up that's for sure

PaulJ123

It makes sense considering money doesn't matter to them, almost spend £25m on Wood, hope he keeps you up and sell him for £10m in the summer!

It does add to the importance of promotion this year as if they do get relegated, that's one spot taken up already for promotion next season.

RaySmith

blingo

They said they would have 50m to spend to stay up

MartyFFC

He's scored THREE goals all season. Looks like good business for Burnley, unless of course he goes on to bag a dozen goals

Fulham 442

I don't understand this transfer on so many levels...£25m for Chris Wood?  Why sell to a relegation rival?  Weird imo, can't Newcastle them staying up tbh.  I said earlier it would be Watford, Newcastle and Norwich.  Seen nothing to change my mind so far but maybe Burnley's time in the Premier League is now up? After all they have skirted close to the wind for a number of seasons...

Tabby

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 13, 2022, 05:30:26 PM
I don't understand this transfer on so many levels...£25m for Chris Wood?  Why sell to a relegation rival?  Weird imo, can't Newcastle them staying up tbh.  I said earlier it would be Watford, Newcastle and Norwich.  Seen nothing to change my mind so far but maybe Burnley's time in the Premier League is now up? After all they have skirted close to the wind for a number of seasons...

£25 million was his release clause.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Tabby on January 13, 2022, 05:32:03 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 13, 2022, 05:30:26 PM

£25 million was his release clause.
Oh okay, thanks for the clarification but I don't think he is worth that...Newcastle are desperate, as is the January transfer window...

Jules

I would looove it if Newcastle go down! Spoken like Kevin Keegan in that famous clip!

MartyFFC

Personally I hope they stay up and finish in the top 4 in a couple of years, to throw the cat amongst the pigeons and disrupt the arrogant and entitled so-called 'big 6'

HobGoblin

Quote from: MartyFFC on January 13, 2022, 07:02:19 PM
Personally I hope they stay up and finish in the top 4 in a couple of years, to throw the cat amongst the pigeons and disrupt the arrogant and entitled so-called 'big 6'

This. Would love to see the arrogant clubs getting outdone

MickyAdamsFamily

I'd love to see the entitled top teams get upended, but not by the bottomless pockets full of blood money being tossed around by Newcastle's shameless new owners. I'd prefer to see them spend wildly and still go down, then hopefully spend even more madly in the summer, then get impatient when Toon aren't dominant in August and then fire Howe and bring in some old hack looking for a payday...

Jules

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on January 13, 2022, 07:31:39 PM
I'd love to see the entitled top teams get upended, but not by the bottomless pockets full of blood money being tossed around by Newcastle's shameless new owners. I'd prefer to see them spend wildly and still go down, then hopefully spend even more madly in the summer, then get impatient when Toon aren't dominant in August and then fire Howe and bring in some old hack looking for a payday...
Agree! +1

Mr K.Dilkington

Both smart signings but as Simon Jordan said relegation won't stop or hinder their assent,it'll just be a year wasted.
When you have the kind of funds nufc have now you can't lose. Eventually you'll succeed just like city did.
Foolish ham

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

This looks to me, that they're half expecting to go down and are building a team to piss the championship next year. I can't see why else they'd spend more on Chris Woods than we spent on Mitro. And they won't get the same amount of goals out of him. Trippier is a good player though, would have been happy if we got him to be honest.

Andy S

If they go down they will be hit with a transfer embargo won't they?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Andy S on January 13, 2022, 11:40:55 PM
If they go down they will be hit with a transfer embargo won't they?

No way that they can get a transfer embargo, unless they spend £150m plus. Let's face it, Mike Ashley has managed the finances so well at Newcastle they could: i) go down, ii) spend a £100m in the Summer and iii) still have money left over to meet FFP. Next Season's Championship will be stronger and it will be much harder to get promoted.

Snibbo

Quote from: Jules on January 13, 2022, 07:36:05 PM
Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on January 13, 2022, 07:31:39 PM
Agree! +1
+2