FAB price!!!!

Started by South Coast White, January 19, 2022, 03:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoonffc

worth the wait, sure we'll get more than 5m if it goes to tribunal

davew

Quote from: bencher on January 19, 2022, 07:22:15 PM
Quote from: blingo on January 19, 2022, 07:12:21 PM
We paid 2 million for Tosin. How much compensation do you think we will get for Fab?

That was just good business on our part, nothing else.
1 of the very good business deals that FFC have done in recent years, worth every penny!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Cookie6262

We got £4.6 million for Harvey Elliot from tribunal... I believe the highest ever amount set by a tribunal was £6 million for Danny Ings. If Fab goes to are non English club we get nothing.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Cookie6262 on January 21, 2022, 07:32:12 AM
We got £4.6 million for Harvey Elliot from tribunal... I believe the highest ever amount set by a tribunal was £6 million for Danny Ings. If Fab goes to are non English club we get nothing.
We get $170MM for promotion. We'll risk it for that

filham

Express reporting that both Liverpool and West Ham still showing interest in Carvalho, we just need to jack the price up. We need him for this promotion race, no way , with a week left in this window, are we going to sign and bed in a good replacement.

Takemehome27

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 19, 2022, 03:23:16 PM
I think everyone's playing the waiting game - if we get promoted, I'm guessing he'll sign a new contract

If  064.gif

Blawarmy

Quote from: filham on January 21, 2022, 11:11:38 AM
Express reporting that both Liverpool and West Ham still showing interest in Carvalho, we just need to jack the price up. We need him for this promotion race, no way , with a week left in this window, are we going to sign and bed in a good replacement.
Liverpool trying to raid the bargain bucket again. 

Stevieboy

As much as we say Fabio should look at what happened to Sess, we should also note that he didn't tear up the Premier League and we did get a massive £25m which I'm sure helped with the Mitro fee.
If we go up and Fabio doesn't cut it then potentially everyone will have lost.

Tabby

Quote from: Stevieboy on January 21, 2022, 11:57:30 AM
As much as we say Fabio should look at what happened to Sess, we should also note that he didn't tear up the Premier League and we did get a massive £25m which I'm sure helped with the Mitro fee.
If we go up and Fabio doesn't cut it then potentially everyone will have lost.

We will potentially have lost £5 million. We waste more than that on squad players.

Nick Bateman

Excellent subject by SW White of which I was about to bring up. Getting Fabio to commit to Fulham is essential, good business and makes perfect sense.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Jim©

Quote from: Cookie6262 on January 21, 2022, 07:32:12 AM

I believe the amount was £3.4m + 20% sell on fee. £1.7m upfront, remainder after 2 years approx. Stunningly underpriced. I'd not be holding out too much hope that we'd get much more for Fabio.

mrmicawbers

Got a feeling he will sign,must keep him for remainder of the season whatever.Should we go up automatically whatever he does he will have paid his dues.

Bill2

Quote from: ianthailand on January 19, 2022, 06:20:21 PM
As we all know we will be cheated on the valuation and if he goes to a scum club like Liverpool we'll have to wait 5 years for the money. The EFL signed the rights away for smaller clubs, with good academy players, for a few pence a number of years ago. Makes you wonder if it's worth having academies, just follow the Brentford idea and pick up a few cast offs from the big 6 youth systems.
Something needs to be done to stop clubs like Liverpool hoovering up the  cream of academy talent from smaller clubs. So as has been said here and in other posts why have an academy if you cannot bring forward the talent into your first team squad.
Moving to the big clubs must be a bad move by these youngsters as the majority will never get a 1st team game and just be cast aside. Yet if they stayed they would get a starting place and the opportunity to develop further.

Somerset Fulham

The problem is, that we do it to smaller clubs.

Cookie6262

The price we are likely to get from a tribunal is around £5 million and if he goes abroad we get nothing.... Pretty much all of us agree we wouldn't take a £5 million bid this window as promotion is more important but what if a £10-£12 million bid came in??? What if we beat Blackpool and find ourselves 10 points clear and looking good for promotion?? Surely we couldn't turn that money down?

Count Flapula

Quote from: Cookie6262 on January 24, 2022, 03:53:46 PM
The price we are likely to get from a tribunal is around £5 million and if he goes abroad we get nothing.... Pretty much all of us agree we wouldn't take a £5 million bid this window as promotion is more important but what if a £10-£12 million bid came in??? What if we beat Blackpool and find ourselves 10 points clear and looking good for promotion?? Surely we couldn't turn that money down?

10 points clear by the end of Jan doesn't guarantee anything - look how quickly our 10-point cushion disappeared before Christmas after a few draws.

We stand to make £170m with promotion - absolutely insane to jeopardise that for a few extra quid now. Given what's at stake, there is no sense whatsoever in selling him this window.

We Are Premier League

add a 6month loan and a 25% sell on clause to that and it would become hard to say no to...

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Count Flapula on January 24, 2022, 04:24:50 PM

10 points clear by the end of Jan doesn't guarantee anything - look how quickly our 10-point cushion disappeared before Christmas after a few draws.

We stand to make £170m with promotion - absolutely insane to jeopardise that for a few extra quid now. Given what's at stake, there is no sense whatsoever in selling him this window.

Not even if we get him on loan for the rest of the season?

Fernhurst

Fulham should forgo the compo if we can arrange he doesn't go to Liverpool
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

What Fabio thinks will not necessarily apply in this case. He is young with a family around him and they may influence his decision. Sess came from a balanced family and that is the reason he stayed with us but money can be too much of a temptation to resist.for others.