watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FAB price!!!!

Started by South Coast White, January 19, 2022, 03:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

With a handful of premier teams looking closely at Fabio, if he was to be given the green light what would you realistically believe to be his worth. At 5m being tossed around at the moment, I think it's far to cheap, however, can we afford to wait and get nothing in the summer.

itombomb

His arbitration fee would be much higher than Harvey Elliot's - older and much more senior football experience - and that was reported to be between 4-5m.

So if he does go we won't get nothing, and we'll have him helping us get promoted. You only sell if you're getting well above 10m and you have time to bring a PL ready player in.

H4usuallysitting

I think everyone's playing the waiting game - if we get promoted, I'm guessing he'll sign a new contract

Mr K.Dilkington

He'd be smart to stay and play a season in the prem. Then who knows...
Foolish ham

Steeeeeeeeeed

To be honest I do think he has been very overhyped for what he has done so far... Until last night where he was very good and scored two great goals.

Would be best all round if he stays for the Prem. At least One impressive season in the Prem with us would be great for all parties,if I was in his / his agents position I would definitely stay... Could be on the verge of really big things.

Twig

Realistically I think we have to accept that Fabio will not stay with us for a season in the Prem. I'd love to be wrong but that's my take.  On that basis I would sooner we sold him this window for £10m or more rather than enter the compensation lottery in teh summer. With regards comensation it's not just the risk that we might get rather less, it's also the time it takes to get the payment. Thus far, as far as I am aware, we have received less than 50% of the Harvey Elliot compensation because it's linked to performance/ achievement criteria that are quite long term.

siffc86

Quote from: Twig on January 19, 2022, 04:15:03 PM
Realistically I think we have to accept that Fabio will not stay with us for a season in the Prem. I'd love to be wrong but that's my take.  On that basis I would sooner we sold him this window for £10m or more rather than enter the compensation lottery in teh summer. With regards comensation it's not just the risk that we might get rather less, it's also the time it takes to get the payment. Thus far, as far as I am aware, we have received less than 50% of the Harvey Elliot compensation because it's linked to performance/ achievement criteria that are quite long term.

I would prefer to keep him until the end of the season. He can help us get promoted which is worth a lot more than 10m. We will likely get decent componsation in the summer too unless he moves abroad. Wouldn't be surprised to see 5m componsation considering how long he's been with us and the impact he has made.

perry geyton

He should sign a contract and then move on in the near future if that's what he wants,
That would be the correct thing to do to show some class

Will it happen, I doubt it

WindyCity

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 19, 2022, 03:23:16 PM
I think everyone's playing the waiting game - if we get promoted, I'm guessing he'll sign a new contract

Hope you're right about that, but I'm not so sure.  Young kid, loads of talent, prospect of big bucks and a big team, just not so sure he'd be willing to bank on FFC long term.  Like I said, hope you're right though......

Cookie6262

Quote from: WindyCity on January 19, 2022, 04:39:57 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 19, 2022, 03:23:16 PM

Hope you're right about that, but I'm not so sure.  Young kid, loads of talent, prospect of big bucks and a big team, just not so sure he'd be willing to bank on FFC long term.  Like I said, hope you're right though......

Thing is he doesn't have to bank on us long term... he could sign a contract but request a relegation release clause say £5 mill and request a minimum release clause of say £10 mill for next summer similar to Tosin.

davew

Quote from: perry geyton on January 19, 2022, 04:28:51 PM
He should sign a contract and then move on in the near future if that's what he wants,
That would be the correct thing to do to show some class

Will it happen, I doubt it
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

I said in an earlier post that I think his best interest will be to wait and see the situation at the end of the season when he may have the option of an almost free move to the likes of Spurs where he will join Sess and struggle for a place in there team or stay with us and enjoy a possible season of premier league football.

Of course I guess the deciding factor could be his agent's cash flow situation.

ianthailand

As we all know we will be cheated on the valuation and if he goes to a scum club like Liverpool we'll have to wait 5 years for the money. The EFL signed the rights away for smaller clubs, with good academy players, for a few pence a number of years ago. Makes you wonder if it's worth having academies, just follow the Brentford idea and pick up a few cast offs from the big 6 youth systems.

bencher

I think he is very good for his age and at this level. I am yet to be convinced that he is good enough to be a regular at a top PL club, certainly at his current level, and I suspect he has to weigh up the salary advantages of signing for a top team but going on loan for at least a season or two, to staying with Fulham and earning less, but potentially playing PL regularly next season.

Let's also not forget, if we get promoted, we will not be able to guarantee him a starting berth every game, I would expect us to sign someone of PL standard for the attacking area, and if he has inconsistent spells he will not be in the team. He is quick but needs to bulk up a bit to reach the next level in his game.

blingo

We paid 2 million for Tosin. How much compensation do you think we will get for Fab?

bencher

Quote from: blingo on January 19, 2022, 07:12:21 PM
We paid 2 million for Tosin. How much compensation do you think we will get for Fab?

That was just good business on our part, nothing else.

blingo

Quote from: bencher on January 19, 2022, 07:22:15 PM

That was just good business on our part, nothing else

Won't it be the same... Good business.. By the club that takes Fab???

bencher

Quote from: blingo on January 19, 2022, 07:40:19 PM
Quote from: bencher on January 19, 2022, 07:22:15 PM

That was just good business on our part, nothing else

Tosin was a negotiated fee, not a compensation payment for an out of contract youth product.

Won't it be the same... Good business.. By the club that takes Fab???

blingo

He is not out of contract yet so it probably won't come to compensation

Jims Dentist

If we sadly do lose him, we would do well to go for Jamie Paterson of Swansea.
He plays a similar style and position and has 8 goals and 4 assists so far this season and is in a contract dispute.