Main Menu

FAB price!!!!

Started by South Coast White, January 19, 2022, 03:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Flapula

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 24, 2022, 04:27:46 PM
Quote from: Count Flapula on January 24, 2022, 04:24:50 PM
Quote from: Cookie6262 on January 24, 2022, 03:53:46 PM
The price we are likely to get from a tribunal is around £5 million and if he goes abroad we get nothing.... Pretty much all of us agree we wouldn't take a £5 million bid this window as promotion is more important but what if a £10-£12 million bid came in??? What if we beat Blackpool and find ourselves 10 points clear and looking good for promotion?? Surely we couldn't turn that money down?

10 points clear by the end of Jan doesn't guarantee anything - look how quickly our 10-point cushion disappeared before Christmas after a few draws.

We stand to make £170m with promotion - absolutely insane to jeopardise that for a few extra quid now. Given what's at stake, there is no sense whatsoever in selling him this window.

Not even if we get him on loan for the rest of the season?

Thought I read on here somewhere that purchase and loan-backs weren't allowed anymore? Might be wrong though.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Count Flapula on January 24, 2022, 04:32:41 PM
The price we are likely to get from a tribunal is around £5 million and if he goes abroad we get nothing.... Pretty much all of us agree we wouldn't take a £5 million bid this window as promotion is more important but what if a £10-£12 million bid came in??? What if we beat Blackpool and find ourselves 10 points clear and looking good for promotion?? Surely we couldn't turn that money down?

10 points clear by the end of Jan doesn't guarantee anything - look how quickly our 10-point cushion disappeared before Christmas after a few draws.

We stand to make £170m with promotion - absolutely insane to jeopardise that for a few extra quid now. Given what's at stake, there is no sense whatsoever in selling him this window.

Thought I read on here somewhere that purchase and loan-backs weren't allowed anymore? Might be wrong though.

I'm not 100% sure but i think that rule only apply to the PL, this is from the Offal.

- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

Cookie6262

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 24, 2022, 04:42:33 PM
Quote from: Count Flapula on January 24, 2022, 04:32:41 PM

I'm not 100% sure but i think that rule only apply to the PL, this is from the Offal.

- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

Wasn't that something to do with Snodgrass and West Brom, West Ham refused to sell him unless there. Was a clause he couldn't play against them?

Cookie6262

You can flip that argument and say him staying doesn't guarantee promotion we go on a dreadful run not go up and lose him for nothing.... Of course being 10 points clear doesn't guarantee promotion but being 10 points clear with the squad we have promotion would be likely.

filham

I don't think Cavalho is any better than Sess., Elliot or Patrick Roberts so we would do well to get £12m for him.

However right now he is a prominent part of our team on course for promotion to the Premier League, no way do we want that team disturbed, so he is invaluable to us and we should certainly turn down a £12 offer.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2022, 05:32:06 PM
I don't think Cavalho is any better than Sess., Elliot or Patrick Roberts so we would do well to get £12m for him.

However right now he is a prominent part of our team on course for promotion to the Premier League, no way do we want that team disturbed, so he is invaluable to us and we should certainly turn down a £12 offer.
+1
Foolish ham

Deeping_white

He's twice the player that Pat Roberts is and he's also much more accomplished technically than Sess too. Elliot might be about on a par for natural ability but he's not a nice individual as seen by some of the bans the FA have given him. IF he was on a long term contract like Sess was I would be willing to put the price of my season ticket on the line and suggest we'd get more than £25m for him. There's a reason that it was only ever Spurs in for Sess and that was because for all his exploits for us, he was never a flair player who took players on and had movement like Carvalho did - he was more of a fox in the box that suited the Jokanovic system quite well whereas Fab has that Messi-esque style of dribbling where the ball sticks to his feet when he moves at almost full speed and he's incredibly hard to stop. Players with his movement and ability as a teenager are actually quite rare and I think he'll go further than anyone else who's graduated from our academy except maybe Elliot if he screws his head on properly.

bencher

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 24, 2022, 07:02:33 PM

He's twice the player that Pat Roberts is and he's also much more accomplished technically than Sess too. Elliot might be about on a par for natural ability but he's not a nice individual as seen by some of the bans the FA have given him. IF he was on a long term contract like Sess was I would be willing to put the price of my season ticket on the line and suggest we'd get more than £25m for him. There's a reason that it was only ever Spurs in for Sess and that was because for all his exploits for us, he was never a flair player who took players on and had movement like Carvalho did - he was more of a fox in the box that suited the Jokanovic system quite well whereas Fab has that Messi-esque style of dribbling where the ball sticks to his feet when he moves at almost full speed and he's incredibly hard to stop. Players with his movement and ability as a teenager are actually quite rare and I think he'll go further than anyone else who's graduated from our academy except maybe Elliot if he screws his head on properly.

Agree with the above.

wback

Questions about his real value (is he worth a lot, or his he worth a lot more?) are:

- Can he add a fraction more pace? He's quick enough for this league, but he needs to be able to absolutely burn people to compare to the best (e.g. Sterling, who I think he's quite similar to).

- He doesn't look like he'll get bigger, so can he handle getting fouled a lot? (He's no Messi, for sure, but part of Messi's success is getting back up and going again. Again, no huge problem for Sterling either.)

- Can he put in a cross (not that he's a wide player, but can he get a good ball into the box)? At the moment, if he's not collecting the ball at speed, he usually keeps it very simple and knocks it back. Can he make a yard and get the ball in?

- Can he go inside and outside? Looks like his strong preference is to cut across on his right and curl one for the far corner. This is fine (Arjen Robben only had one foot, he was good), but it does make you more predictable (again, Sterling can play on either side, go either way).

A club like Liverpool should really be thinking - is he the new Sterling? Will he get 15 goals a season and England caps?

It's possible Carvalho will, but you probably want to be sure it's "yes" to the four questions above first.

If it's only "yes" to two or three, he'll have to be satisfied with being a good PL player.

If it's a "no" to them all, he might be a Sessegnon, unfortunately.

WestSussexWhite

From what I've been told, we categorically will not sell him this window. The only way he goes in Jan is if someone offers ridiculous money, like 20-25 mill + (no one will pay that). Fro us to even be able to compete to keep him, it will require us to get promoted and then make him the clubs highest paid player....he's got some pretty large contract offers on the table

filham

It really is too early to make a considered judgement on Carvalho, he has only played a handful of games in our first team.
Let us wait and see what he achieves in the next 19games.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2022, 10:06:28 PM
It really is too early to make a considered judgement on Carvalho, he has only played a handful of games in our first team.
Let us wait and see what he achieves in the next 19games.
He still needs to play lots more than even that for me. He's still done very little in my eyes but "potential" is everything these days. I wonder how much prem teams take into account the standard of defending by the oppo?
Foolish ham

Count Flapula

Quote from: bencher on January 24, 2022, 07:31:09 PM

Agree with the above.

+1. I'd say all of that was bang on.

Count Flapula

Quote from: Cookie6262 on January 24, 2022, 04:56:14 PM

You can flip that argument and say him staying doesn't guarantee promotion we go on a dreadful run not go up and lose him for nothing.... Of course being 10 points clear doesn't guarantee promotion but being 10 points clear with the squad we have promotion would be likely.

Of course him staying doesn't guarantee promotion, but keeping him greatly enhances our chances of not faltering. Plus it sends the message to the rest of our team that we are serious about promotion rather than selling one of - if not the - most talented players half way through the season and putting a few mil now above our promotion prospects.

Also,  your flipping the argument to say what if we keep him, go on a dreadful run and lose him for nothing so may as sell him now "just in case"? To me that is catastrophising in the extreme. I'd rather keep our best team together to achieve our aim, greatly improve our chances of securing the £170m cash injection rather than jeopardise that by selling Fab now for £5m. Selling him now makes no financial nor team sense given the rewards at stake/how little we'd get for him in comparison.

b+w geezer

Quote from: wback on January 24, 2022, 09:30:17 PM
is he worth a lot, or his he worth a lot more?

Yes, already one of those two scenarios applies -- at minimum 'a lot.'
I agree with you and the others above who reckon similarly.

Beyond that, you pose four interesting questions that will need answering,  to decide how far up the Premier League he will be seen as covetable. That's the baseline, however. His career will be no lower.

To put it another way, no more sightings of Fabio are needed to know that half the clubs in the Prem would be pleased to have him on their staff. Beyond that, he's bound to have a ceiling, but, notably, it's still out of sight.

junior white

At tribunal if he moves within England it Utd be 7-10 million at a guess, outside of England i would reckon 500-750k max.

If in contract similar or maybe a little more than we got for Sess

Mince n Tatties

Spot on he's twice the player they are.
His movement on and off the ball is superb.

Mince n Tatties

Anyway stop reading all the paper talk about these teams,he will stay here....The wife saw it in her tea leaves.☕👀

Mr K.Dilkington

I like how we're just going to keep going through this same tedioud exercise  with all our academy graduates who come through now. They're never going to sign proper long deals and walk...why should they really as I'm sure we won't offer them proper money but then to me the boy hasn't done that much...
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

Why do people still get attached to the young uns? it will only be heartbreak down the line
Foolish ham