watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin - what's gone wrong for him?

Started by whatdoyouthink?, February 06, 2022, 11:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatdoyouthink?

Constantly linked to other clubs (Juve and West Ham) but honestly I feel like he is struggling in recent weeks.

His lazy passing got us into trouble against Blackpool. He doesn't seem to utilise his strength and gets bullied.

Don't get me wrong, he is a good player and a great pick up for the fee. However if the rumours are true and West Ham want to spend 30 million on him well that's tempting.

Hopefully his form picks up for the last 18 games. We need the defence to step up

Sgt Fulham

He's a decent defender that is probably about good enough for a lower table Premier League team right now. He's still young and will likely improve over time. One thing to keep in mind is that all defenders make mistakes, but the better ones make them less often.

Tabby

There was no out ball unless you hoofed it. It is easy to blame it on defenders dallying on the ball, but they need options to play it forward and Blackpool (to their credit) shut that down during the second half.

Think he is a good defender and should be ready for the step up again.

filham

He was up against some pretty good players yesterday. He is still our best center back and has to be groomed for a place in the Premier League next season.

WolverineFFC

He is apt to lapses in concentration, that is for sure. I think he has spent too much time covering for RB inconsistencies this season though. Yesterday was a good example with Williams being in his first match.

PaulJ123

He looks very complacent with his passing, he needs to just get rid of it sometimes.

copthornemike

Quote from: PaulJ123 on February 06, 2022, 03:39:08 PM
He looks very complacent with his passing, he needs to just get rid of it sometimes.
Out of all our defenders he is the most likely one to 'hoof it' in a threatening position, particularly when he has had to race across to cover an attack from the right side. On his day he has a lovely cross field pass, often to Kebano, which can be effective when we are pressed .
But I do agree with others he is prone to lapses of concentration which result in turnovers. Ream does appear to be the most comfortable with our short passing game.

MikeTheCubed

To his credit there was a moment in the second half where Tosin charged through the middle of the pitch  beating multiple Man City players and nearly played through Carvalho.