watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many more points?

Started by Rodshig, February 09, 2022, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chi_FFC

Another poor set of results for some of the sides chasing Fulham and Bournemouth. Will the 3rd place team this season even make it to the 80 point mark???

Mokes

It's obviously all complete guess work but the definitive number is 98 points at this point in time to guarantee promotion. The highest amount of points any team can get to out side of the top 2  is 97 points available to only QPR and Middleborough if they win every game left in the season. (Obviously this is unlikely, but it's the only guaranteed number) Fulham need another 34 points from 16 games to guarantee promotion regardless of whatever else happens in the league. This equates to 2.12 pts per game. Oddly enough that's actually a slight tick down from our current average of 2.13 points per game.

TLDR if we finish the season with the exact points per game average that we currently hold. We gain promotion no matter what happens

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Rodshig on February 13, 2022, 07:39:36 AM
We have a run of tricky games wba, forest, qpr, boro & coventry coming up.

Hope we will have a comfortable cushion by then.
If you saw West Brom and Coventry play this week you may change your mind

WindyCity

Uhhhh, can we just get back to basics?  One game at a time?

PUHLEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!

Cookie6262

One game at a time is for players managers and staff.... Every other type of permutation is for fans to talk think and dream about especially on a fan forum.

WindyCity

Quote from: Cookie6262 on February 16, 2022, 05:45:57 PM
One game at a time is for players managers and staff.... Every other type of permutation is for fans to talk think and dream about especially on a fan forum.

Granted.      :003:

SG

Every day I stare at the table and work on various permutations. I suspect the players don't look at it from one week to the next. We have got to go some to blow it even for Fulham

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: WindyCity on February 16, 2022, 05:28:29 PM

PUHLEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!
Why? we are by far the best team in this league, our games in hand and goal difference mean we will breeze past the others......given we have a team motivated not to just go up but to win this league and a manager that keeps everyone grounded.....us fans are entitled to get carried away

WindyCity

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on February 16, 2022, 06:39:11 PM

PUHLEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!
Why? we are by far the best team in this league, our games in hand and goal difference mean we will breeze past the others......given we have a team motivated not to just go up but to win this league and a manager that keeps everyone grounded.....us fans are entitled to get carried away

Well, I'm not one for counting chickens.....but that's just me.......

copthornemike

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on February 09, 2022, 04:48:14 PM
Just checking remaining fixtures for the top four teams. Based on the table as it stands todays, we have arguably the most difficult run-in. We have to play all six of the other teams from 2nd to 7th in the league, while playing five of the teams between 19th and 24th inclusive.
By contrast AFCB, Blackburn and QPR only have to play four of the other teams in the top seven places. AFCB and Blackburn have only three games to play against the bottom six, while our friends up the road have still to play five of the bottom six. So on paper QPR have the best run in of the top four.
Well on a positive note we do not have to play the team who are top of the Championship, unlike the others  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on February 16, 2022, 07:49:03 PM

PUHLEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!

I agree with you Windy City, the Graveyard is full of teams and supporters who think they only have to turn up to win, and that applies in every level of football.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 16, 2022, 11:41:04 PM

PUHLEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!

I agree with you Windy City, the Graveyard is full of teams and supporters who think they only have to turn up to win, and that applies in every level of football.

I'm the other way on this. From the beginning, I've fully accepted this season where we're the Man City of this league. We have next year (assumedly) to go back to taking things one match at a time. For once, I'm rejecting the Extreme Fulhamishness that would be required for this to end badly, and instead embracing the enthusiasm for a record-setting league season (relative to the competition) that we may never see again.

U.S. books aren't even listing promotion odds for us anymore. Barring some unforeseen catastrophe that eliminates a lot of key players for an extended period, there's nothing to sweat here but the style in which we're promoted. Don't waste these last 16 matches fretting about an inevitability. Just enjoy the show.

Offset

We have to remember out of the top 10 teams we have to play 9 of them the other team missing is Fulham  so the run in is not that easy

bugsy

Quote from: Denver Fulham on February 17, 2022, 12:01:26 AM

PUHLEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!

I'm the other way on this. From the beginning, I've fully accepted this season where we're the Man City of this league. We have next year (assumedly) to go back to taking things one match at a time. For once, I'm rejecting the Extreme Fulhamishness that would be required for this to end badly, and instead embracing the enthusiasm for a record-setting league season (relative to the competition) that we may never see again.

U.S. books aren't even listing promotion odds for us anymore. Barring some unforeseen catastrophe that eliminates a lot of key players for an extended period, there's nothing to sweat here but the style in which we're promoted. Don't waste these last 16 matches fretting about an inevitability. Just enjoy the show.
I'm with you on that Denver. As an aside: I've just moved from the UK to Aurora permanently. Is there a Fulham pub near us?

northamptonsteve

Aside from Sheff Utd ( when we sere terrible) our defeats have come at average/poorer sides, playing the top ten sharpens the concentration. Twenty points would do it from here or Twenty six for champions if Bournemouth hold form.

Rodshig

Let's not get over confident. A freak defeat may start a run of poor results. We had a poor run of 5 games sometime back( although some may argue we were not at full strength)

COYW

toshes mate

PUHLEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!

I am also enjoying this season as the team in a position we seldom occupy. 

But every season I have ever supported FFC has always been enjoyed, endured or suffered in the same way - one game at a time.  Sometimes, long ago, it was games on consecutive days when they were scheduled and played over bank holiday weekends like Easter and Xmas but it was still taking each step as it came.  I remember my first promotion season when we beat Champions Wolves 3-1 at the Cottage and then suffered the 9-0 return fixture a week later.  Enjoying the show is as much about watching Marco Silva's still improving team play good to watch football as it is about dreaming what the end of the season will be like.   One is a real feeling; the other is a brick by brick appreciation of the building of those rare perfect memories.   Looking too far ahead may not only be asking for trouble; it is missing the whole point that the journey is just as important as crossing the finishing line.   

But maybe I am just an old fashioned romantic ...

SuffolkWhite

I'm just enjoying the ride for now,  but very confident we will arrive at the destination we all desire.

Will miss the Championship if successful this season.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WindyCity

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 17, 2022, 10:10:57 AM
I'm just enjoying the ride for now,  but very confident we will arrive at the destination we all desire.
Will miss the Championship if successful this season.

Yes, I too am enjoying the ride, even though I'm not into chicken counting.  Can also chew gum and walk at the same time.

Will miss the Champ if successful?  Huh?  I won't.  Look forward to top flight, even though all FFC followers know it will be a tough road.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: bugsy on February 17, 2022, 03:08:33 AM

PUHLEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!!

I'm with you on that Denver. As an aside: I've just moved from the UK to Aurora permanently. Is there a Fulham pub near us?

Welcome to town, Bugsy. I don't know if it's still the case, but I think the local Fulham supporters group frequented the British Bulldog at N. Broadway and Stout.