https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham

Started by Zendra, February 09, 2022, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruislip White

Quote from: Ruislip White on February 10, 2022, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 10, 2022, 09:39:51 AM
It's a fcuk up for sure, but I didn't see this much outcry when the Mason Greenwood story broke. In fact there were people defending Greenwood.

Its a strange world that we live in.
That was far more out cry.
And Greenwood hasn't even been found guilty, but he seems to have been convicted by many already.

FFC1987

Some of the posts on this thread are utterly shameful. Pretending this is a racial matter, what on earths wrong with you. He literally kicked a cat on camera. Its abhorrent.

blingo

Cut three of his toes off. The quicker he's gone from football and any form of public life, the better.

Bassey the warrior

Can't understand why anyone would defend Zouma or Greenwood. There's plenty of evidence for both. It's pretty cut and dry frankly.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on February 10, 2022, 02:10:57 PM
Can't understand why anyone would defend Zouma or Greenwood. There's plenty of evidence for both. It's pretty cut and dry frankly.

Sadly, its the world we live in now. Earths flat don't ya know.

WindyCity

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 09, 2022, 10:07:47 PM
If the media can whip up a frenzy like this, over something not that huge, imagine what they can do to things or people they REALLY don't like...

Well, actually, that sort of thing is already happening all the time all around the world.  Spin, cancel, no open debate, it's the media world we now live in.  Not changing anytime soon regrettably.

rebel

He should be banned from owning pets. The clubs reaction was to play him, most stupid decision ever, they now realize it was a mistake.

But West Ham and Karen Brady and Co think they can do what they like. 

sunburywhite

Dagenham have suspended his brother until the RSPCA enquiry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60339439
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: WindyCity on February 10, 2022, 04:42:12 PM
If the media can whip up a frenzy like this, over something not that huge, imagine what they can do to things or people they REALLY don't like...

Well, actually, that sort of thing is already happening all the time all around the world.  Spin, cancel, no open debate, it's the media world we now live in.  Not changing anytime soon regrettably.

Actually  it is huge for people that care for animals.
Most importantly what you are missing is the role model aspect of it all...
Young West Ham fans who look up to him seeing him do this as it's kinda OK to behave like that.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 10, 2022, 07:31:24 PM

Young West Ham fans who look up to him seeing him do this as it's kinda OK to behave like that.

Didn't need the media to whip it up for me. I don't look at any shite websites trying to get hits. Somebody mentioned it on here and enough said. The guy said is scum. Nobody asked him to take in the cat or buy it so why not treat it with care and consideration. I just hope that someone kicks the crap out of him on a football pitch.

Ruislip White

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on February 10, 2022, 02:10:57 PM
Disingenuous to conflate the 2 incidents.
Zouma is clearly seen abusing an animal and apologised.  Clear guilt.
Greenwood - there is  a recording which could be of him acting abhorrently and some pictures showing injuries that may or may not be caused by him.  If he's found guilty after it goes to trial, I'll condemn him.  Until then we live in county where some is innocent until proven guilty.  That's not defending Greenwood- that's simply saying he is not guilty unless he is proven to be in court.

MartyFFC

Quote from: Motspur Park on February 10, 2022, 07:37:36 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 10, 2022, 07:31:24 PM

Didn't need the media to whip it up for me. I don't look at any shite websites trying to get hits. Somebody mentioned it on here and enough said. The guy said is scum. Nobody asked him to take in the cat or buy it so why not treat it with care and consideration. I just hope that someone kicks the crap out of him on a football pitch.
Couldn't agree more, he's scum and a forced apology can't remedy that fact

Mince n Tatties

Put him in a pit at London Zoo with a Tiger.
Now let's see how you get on kicking this Pussycat.🐅🐅🐅

millsy

Vote for Rupert!

As for Zouma, his actions and decision to share them for fun, demonstrate the person he is and you can be certain that this is not an isolated incident of abuse of power. I wouldnt want him playing for us and would have difficulty applauding anything he did on the pitch, so for me he would have to be moved on, without wearing the shirt again.

Let's see what those dodgy West Ham owners decide. I suspect their hand may be forced by their sponsors. Money talks.

Pluto

He's a vile individual and I hope fans don't let this rest so he gets the reception he deserves wherever he goes

Andy S

I don't understand wet Spam.They should have acted quickly heavy punishment the it would all be over ie a heavy fine followed by a donation to the RSPCA followed by a suspension and a lot of community work

Woolly Mammoth

If the cat has a big brother, i hope it is a Sabre Tooth Tiger.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

It's a fcuk up for sure, but I didn't see this much outcry when the Mason Greenwood story broke. In fact there were people defending Greenwood.

This is exactly my point. And everyone kicking off in such a big way I hope are vegans. Otherwise they're hypocrits.

Luis Suarez - proven racist, Adidas kept him on.
Harry Maguire - charged with assault and bribery in Greece, still captain of Man Utd.
Marcus Alonso - killed someone in a car and had a long career afterwards.

It's so over the top.

MartyFFC

As the Head of Kick it Out indicated, I'm not entirely convinced that playing victim top trumps is particularly helpful

FFC1987

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 11, 2022, 06:13:23 AM

This is exactly my point. And everyone kicking off in such a big way I hope are vegans. Otherwise they're hypocrits.

Luis Suarez - proven racist, Adidas kept him on.
Harry Maguire - charged with assault and bribery in Greece, still captain of Man Utd.
Marcus Alonso - killed someone in a car and had a long career afterwards.

It's so over the top.

Seems pointless to conflate the two. Like conflating say, people being racist as they disagree with animal abuse. Don't get me wrong, I'm of the opinion that I don't like Zouma, don't respect him and could care less if he kicks a ball again. That doesn't mean I think he should never play again. Just hope that if he does, he gets a good kick every time he touches the ball. I'm not vegan, but believe in animal welfare even with meat in my diet. I think you've dealt your hand ie suggesting people who find his behaviour abhorrent, are just doing it due to skin colour, but I can only say, that's a patently stupid position to take. I've no doubt a handful probably do but that's not the 99% condemning him including marginalised people(s).

Also, as has been pointed out, Greenwood has received way more backlash, and rightly so. He hasn't played since, (Zouma has) or even trained (Zouma Has), he immediately lost sponsorship whereas Adidas took time to review evidence and decided he wasn't fit for the label. Something you disagree with? And Westham will likely, continue to play him and let him train. All these things Greenwood can't so unless your talking specifically about your echo chamber on social media, I don't see how anyone has supported Greenwood for his (probably, almost definitely) disgraceful behaviours. I can't believe people are that bloody contrarian that seeing an actual video of a person, kicking a cat and abusing it, then publishing it laughing, would garner any sympathy. Worlds gone mad.