watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham

Started by Zendra, February 09, 2022, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakeshott

BBC website reports Moyes as saying Zouma is available for Saturday.

If he plays, that is a reflection on the Club and manager, and contrasts poorly with Dagenham and their decision in respect of his brother.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

I think that the "cat's out of the bag" now as Zouma's pay package is in the public domain & guess what, his "colleagues" are very upset how much more he is paid than them. 

Moyes has a far bigger problem to handle now!

Any chance of relegation for them?

Nick Bateman

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 11, 2022, 02:05:05 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 11, 2022, 06:13:23 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 10, 2022, 09:39:51 AM
It's a fcuk up for sure, but I didn't see this much outcry when the Mason Greenwood story broke. In fact there were people defending Greenwood.

Its a strange world that we live in.

This is exactly my point. And everyone kicking off in such a big way I hope are vegans. Otherwise they're hypocrits.

Luis Suarez - proven racist, Adidas kept him on.
Harry Maguire - charged with assault and bribery in Greece, still captain of Man Utd.
Marcus Alonso - killed someone in a car and had a long career afterwards.

It's so over the top.

Seems pointless to conflate the two. Like conflating say, people being racist as they disagree with animal abuse. Don't get me wrong, I'm of the opinion that I don't like Zouma, don't respect him and could care less if he kicks a ball again. That doesn't mean I think he should never play again. Just hope that if he does, he gets a good kick every time he touches the ball. I'm not vegan, but believe in animal welfare even with meat in my diet. I think you've dealt your hand ie suggesting people who find his behaviour abhorrent, are just doing it due to skin colour, but I can only say, that's a patently stupid position to take. I've no doubt a handful probably do but that's not the 99% condemning him including marginalised people(s).

Also, as has been pointed out, Greenwood has received way more backlash, and rightly so. He hasn't played since, (Zouma has) or even trained (Zouma Has), he immediately lost sponsorship whereas Adidas took time to review evidence and decided he wasn't fit for the label. Something you disagree with? And Westham will likely, continue to play him and let him train. All these things Greenwood can't so unless your talking specifically about your echo chamber on social media, I don't see how anyone has supported Greenwood for his (probably, almost definitely) disgraceful behaviours. I can't believe people are that bloody contrarian that seeing an actual video of a person, kicking a cat and abusing it, then publishing it laughing, would garner any sympathy. Worlds gone mad.   

Eloquently put FFC1987. And West Ham as a club have possibly disgraced themselves more. Zouma in his ignorance failed to see the cruelty of his actions. West Ham with the video in full decided not ban or suspend their player contrary to public opinion and standard decency. As was said on Talksport, they put winning football matches above morality.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Motspur Park

Fantastic speech from Souness on Sky just now. Heartfelt and 100% correct. Really slated Zouma and West Ham's handling of this issue.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Motspur Park on February 13, 2022, 04:19:35 PM
Fantastic speech from Souness on Sky just now. Heartfelt and 100% correct. Really slated Zouma and West Ham's handling of this issue.

I agree, it was brilliant.  What the hell Carragher was on about I have no idea.

RaySmith

:plus one:

He made the point that the cat wasn't being abused in anger at some perceived misbehaviour - not that I think what would excuse it at all, and pets can never be guilty of 'misbehaving' anyway- but for entertainment and a laugh, and then they thought it a good idea to post it on social media.

West Ham have misread the seriousness of this offence, and what it means - the example  it sets - if the player gets off as lightly as he has so far - fined 2 weeks wages, and re-education - what a joke!

perry geyton

Quote from: Zendra on February 09, 2022, 09:11:47 PM
I see played that animal kicking creature last night .  Actually it was a good idea and hopefully the crowd gave him plenty of abuse .  Never heard of anything like it in my life.
If slaughter houses had glass walls

Cat kicking incident is nothing compared to what most people consume that comes out of factory farms these days

For some reason people are offended by someone hurting a cat or dog but it's ok to abuse a pig or a cow or a chicken or a sheep etc etc

Fulham 442

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 13, 2022, 04:25:21 PM

I agree, it was brilliant.  What the hell Carragher was on about I have no idea.
Absolutely agree, I thought Souness spoke brilliantly and eloquently.  As far as Carragher goes this is a man that spat at a child after being "provoked"....

Mince n Tatties

This all shows how thick his brother is,by putting it up on social media....Did he think nobody would see it.🥺🥺🥺

Motspur Park

Quote from: perry geyton on February 13, 2022, 04:33:30 PM
I see played that animal kicking creature last night .  Actually it was a good idea and hopefully the crowd gave him plenty of abuse .  Never heard of anything like it in my life.

Cat kicking incident is nothing compared to what most people consume that comes out of factory farms these days

For some reason people are offended by someone hurting a cat or dog but it's ok to abuse a pig or a cow or a chicken or a sheep etc etc

So, by your logic, anyone offended by seeing pets or animals abused is in the wrong. You used the words 'for some reason' so you obviously cannot see anything wrong in what he did. People like you are part of the problem.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 13, 2022, 04:35:10 PM

Absolutely agree, I thought Souness spoke brilliantly and eloquently.  As far as Carragher goes this is a man that spat at a child after being "provoked"....

Four Four Two, Motspur Park and Somerset Fulham i agree with all three of you, and it makes my blood boil when i read others excuses for this odious human being.
As for West Ham United, their credibility and stock has gone down hill faster than a runner way truck. West Ham & Moyes will rue the day the way they have handled this matter.
I never liked Moyes and believe me i understand nobody is perfect but he is wolf in sheeps clothing, a toxic individual.
One bloke i would like to be left in an empty room with to give a piece of my mind to and a bit more.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Yeh, for some reason people are offended by someone kicking a cat, finding it funny and posting it to social media. Weird that........What a plank.

Stevieboy

I'm surprised anyone can understand what Carragher says anyway  064.gif 064.gif

Twig

Some of the animal cruelty that various investigations have highlighted in slaughter houses have been utterly shameful. I agree with that much of your post and I'd like to see far stricter controls. 
However, it in no way excuses the actions of Zouma and his brother which were also quite appalling. I'm not sure why you feel it is somehow wrong for people to be offended? And I don't understand why you feel the need to relate one wrong with another?

perry geyton

Quote from: Motspur Park on February 14, 2022, 07:19:28 AM

So, by your logic, anyone offended by seeing pets or animals abused is in the wrong. You used the words 'for some reason' so you obviously cannot see anything wrong in what he did. People like you are part of the problem.
No it's quite simple Sherlock
People are all up in arms over a player kicking a cat "rightly so" but think nothing of consuming the pure misery of an animal that has been utterly abused in a factory farm then at the slaughter house,
Just because it's not considered a pet

Pure insanity
If the cat kicking offends you then try taking a deeper look at what's being served up on your dinner  table

FFC1987

Quote from: perry geyton on February 14, 2022, 06:52:30 PM

People are all up in arms over a player kicking a cat "rightly so" but think nothing of consuming the pure misery of an animal that has been utterly abused in a factory farm then at the slaughter house,

Pure insanity
If the cat kicking offends you then try taking a deeper look at what's being served up on your dinner  table

What a plonker.

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2022, 06:19:35 PM

Some of the animal cruelty that various investigations have highlighted in slaughter houses have been utterly shameful. I agree with that much of your post and I'd like to see far stricter controls. 
However, it in no way excuses the actions of Zouma and his brother which were also quite appalling. I'm not sure why you feel it is somehow wrong for people to be offended? And I don't understand why you feel the need to relate one wrong with another?

No my point was that all these people that are offended rightly so, think nothing off having a Danish bacon sarnie, pigs are highly intelligent creatures and the abuse they suffer before being killed is 5000 X times worse then what Zouma did to his cat

Yet people turn a blind eye to it because they grew up consuming it...
Not really their fault and I grew up eating it too, untill I started looking at where it was coming from and changed my diet cos I no longer felt right consuming it

The industry is rotten to the core

perry geyton

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 14, 2022, 07:03:35 PM

Pure insanity

What a plonker.
And there u have it
Try looking in the mirror sunshine

FFC1987

Quote from: perry geyton on February 14, 2022, 07:06:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 14, 2022, 07:03:35 PM

Pure insanity

What a plonker.
And there u have it
Try looking in the mirror sunshine

You have no idea if any of that applies to me. Still a plonker.

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on February 14, 2022, 07:05:00 PM
Quote from: Twig on February 14, 2022, 06:19:35 PM

No my point was that all these people that are offended rightly so, think nothing off having a Danish bacon sarnie, pigs are highly intelligent creatures and the abuse they suffer before being killed is 5000 X times worse then what Zouma did to his cat

Yet people turn a blind eye to it because they grew up consuming it...
Not really their fault and I grew up eating it too, untill I started looking at where it was coming from and changed my diet cos I no longer felt right consuming it

The industry is rotten to the core

As you can tell, I have slightly more sympathy for your argument than some on here. We always avoid mass produced meats like the plague because we share your abhorrence of factory farming, only ever buy organic meat from one butcher and mix in a fair few plant based meals each week to reduce our reliance on animal products. However I will never go vegetarian and that's a personal choice.  I don't think you're a plonker at all but there's a fine line between making a point and being smug or patronising to others. Just saying.