watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham

Started by Zendra, February 09, 2022, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zendra

I see played that animal kicking creature last night .ย  Actually it was a good idea and hopefully the crowd gave him plenty of abuse .ย  Never heard of anything like it in my life.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

It's been blown out of all proportion.
I don't condone what he did, at all. But people calling for him to get sacked is a bit OTT in comparison to, say Marcos Alonso who killed someone drink driving yet played a lot after.
Hes been dropped by Adidas and has been fined 2 weeks wages and the cats removed from his care. I think that's ample punishment to be honest.

If the media can whip up a frenzy like this, over something not that huge, imagine what they can do to things or people they REALLY don't like...

MartyFFC

Give him the birch I say

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 09, 2022, 10:07:47 PM
It's been blown out of all proportion.
I don't condone what he did, at all. But people calling for him to get sacked is a bit OTT in comparison to, say Marcos Alonso who killed someone drink driving yet played a lot after.
Hes been dropped by Adidas and has been fined 2 weeks wages and the cats removed from his care. I think that's ample punishment to be honest.

If the media can whip up a frenzy like this, over something not that huge, imagine what they can do to things or people they REALLY don't like...

Really.....If he can take anger out like that against a defenseless animal,what next one of his kids.

Pussycat's lives matter.
๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ

Motspur Park

I see that there is now a growing band saying that the hysteria is racially motivated. No... it is because he is a bastard that deserves as much punishment that can be thrown at him. A fine of two weeks wages and loss of a boot sponsor. Big frigging deal. Hit West Ham in the pockets with massive loss of sponsorship and then they may take the matter more seriously rather than allowing him to play in the next game and treating the matter so dismissively.

RaySmith

Quote from: MartyFFC on February 09, 2022, 10:14:09 PM
Give him the birch I say

Bring back the cat (o' nine tails) :)

I do think this is a very serious, sickening, offence, comparable to being filmed hitting and kicking a child, though the laws are very lenientย  concerning cruelty to animals, and I doubt much more will happen to him, apart from getting booedย  wherever he plays - maybe end up leaving England.

Emotions run high here about this kind of abuse, which goes on a lot more than we think - he shouldn't get away with it.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: RaySmith on February 09, 2022, 10:26:01 PM
Give him the birch I say

I do think this is a very serious, sickening, offence, comparable to being filmed hitting and kicking a child, though the laws are very lenientย  concerning cruelty to animals, and I doubt much more will happen to him, apart from getting booedย  wherever he plays - maybe end up leaving England.

Emotions run high here about this kind of abuse, which goes on a lot more than we think - he shouldn't get away with it.

Comparable to kicking a child? Really. And people are mocking me...

Rupert

Quote from: Motspur Park on February 09, 2022, 10:25:05 PM
I see that there is now a growing band saying that the hysteria is racially motivated. No... it is because he is a bastard that deserves as much punishment that can be thrown at him. A fine of two weeks wages and loss of a boot sponsor. Big frigging deal. Hit West Ham in the pockets with massive loss of sponsorship and then they may take the matter more seriously rather than allowing him to play in the next game and treating the matter so dismissively.

I would say it is not racially motivated, but aimed at the terminally stupid. Not only did he assault a family pet, while laughing, but he allowed his equally dim brother film him. Then, just to prove that neither should ever be allowed to breed (too late in his case, I understand), they post it on social media.

If I was in charge, I would track down everyone who "liked" the film clip and sterilise them. It would reduce the crime rate in twenty years when the socially inept children they never have are not born and introduced to their parents' morality. It would improve the genetic pool immeasurably, increase the national IQ and reduce overpopulation.

This probably demonstrates just why I am not in charge.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

RaySmith

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 10, 2022, 06:35:21 AM
Give him the birch I say

Why not comparable? Animals are sentient beings, feel pain and have feelings.

When I was a kid, it was thought good child rearing to knock kids about, at home and by teachers at school, for any perceived misdemeanor - 'spare the rod and spoil the child' - but who thinks that today?

cookieg

Quote from: Rupert on February 10, 2022, 06:52:30 AM

I would say it is not racially motivated, but aimed at the terminally stupid. Not only did he assault a family pet, while laughing, but he allowed his equally dim brother film him. Then, just to prove that neither should ever be allowed to breed (too late in his case, I understand), they post it on social media.

If I was in charge, I would track down everyone who "liked" the film clip and sterilise them. It would reduce the crime rate in twenty years when the socially inept children they never have are not born and introduced to their parents' morality. It would improve the genetic pool immeasurably, increase the national IQ and reduce overpopulation.

You've got my vote!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: RaySmith on February 10, 2022, 07:18:53 AM
Give him the birch I say

When I was a kid, it was thought good child rearing to knock kids about, at home and by teachers at school, for any perceived misdemeanor - 'spare the rod and spoil the child' - but who thinks that today?

Well in that case, why is Zouma being treated so much worse than Edin Hazard was when he kicked the ball boy?

RaySmith

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 10, 2022, 07:36:15 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on February 10, 2022, 07:18:53 AM
Give him the birch I say

Well in that case, why is Zouma being treated so much worse than Edin Hazard was when he kicked the ball boy?

Don't know that case, and not sure what point you're making, but generally it's not considered acceptable for parents or teachers to strike children as punishment for minor misbehaviour, as it was when I was young in the 50's/60's.

And today, we are aware that animals are sentient and have feelings, so it's not considered acceptable to physically assault them either, though, sadly, this seems still happens quite frequently, according to reports, but the Law hasn't caught up with modern attitudes, so perpetrators get off lightly with abuse of animals, though public reactions have changed, and many now are enraged byย  cruelty to animals.

Just as knocking children about is generally unacceptable today.

Oakeshott

I think we are far from at the end of the story yet.

The guy has been fined by his club what is apparently the maximum allowable under the rules governing players and breaches of discipline, and has lost a sponsorship. But he has yet to be charged and when he is will face whatever penalty, I assume a fine and a ban on keeping pets, the protection of animals laws allow. So, in addition to what someone unknown working for most employers would face, he has already had two "extra" penalties. (Though I suspect some employers would have sacked someonefor what he did.)

But the real "penalty" is what we heard on Tuesday. As has been noted, we are a nation of (mainly) animal lovers. Wherever he plays he is sure to get shouted at, for as long as he stays here. How long WHU will play him with that happening at every game, and how long he will want to stay playing in that kind of hostile atmosphere, remains to be seen, but my prediction is not long. (If WHU play him on Saturday or whenever their next match is, I'll be amazed.)

Taken as a whole, he is playing a huge price for a cruel act, rather more so than, I suspect, the large majority of animal abusers do.

Apparently some WHU sponsorship is at risk. Were Moyes foolish enough to play him next match (and the Board not intervene) and as I fully expect the booing continues, their reputation will suffer (already taken a knock for playing him this week) and the loss of sponsorship will likely follow.

Bad though Z's actions were, I think in this case justice is being done.

bog

I was listening to Radio London and they could not believe that West Ham did not read the teams out before the kick off. Rather cowardly on the club's part I feel.

092.gifย 

cookieg

Quote from: bog on February 10, 2022, 08:38:09 AM
I was listening to Radio London and they could not believe that West Ham did not read the teams out before the kick off. Rather cowardly on the club's part I feel.

092.gifย 

The teams were announced before the game so people knew he was playing on the BBC etc so not really a surprise when he strolled on to the pitch.

sunburywhite

Quote from: cookieg on February 10, 2022, 07:34:31 AM

You've got my vote!

Me too!

Rupert to run our country and our cheese and wine parties
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Ruislip White

Love it.ย  That's brightened up my morning!

bog

Quote from: cookieg on February 10, 2022, 08:59:48 AM
Quote from: bog on February 10, 2022, 08:38:09 AM

092.gifย 

The teams were announced before the game so people knew he was playing on the BBC etc so not really a surprise when he strolled on to the pitch.

It is customary to read out the line ups just before kick off for each player to receive a response.ย 

Somerset Fulham

It's a love up for sure, but I didn't see this much outcry when the Mason Greenwood story broke. In fact there were people defending Greenwood.

Its a strange world that we live in.

Ruislip White

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 10, 2022, 09:39:51 AM
It's a fcuk up for sure, but I didn't see this much outcry when the Mason Greenwood story broke. In fact there were people defending Greenwood.

Its a strange world that we live in.
That was far more out cry.
And Greenwood hasn't even been found guilty, but he seems to have been convicted already.