more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham

Started by Zendra, February 09, 2022, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Twig I don't think i was being smug, was just pointing out the hypocrisy,
Good for you, I don't have anything against people eating meat if it's done civilized but they need to start regulating it at you pointed out, big time because factory farming is out of control...

It is amazing though how defensive people get tho if you point it out

You are what you eat as they say

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 11, 2022, 02:05:05 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 11, 2022, 06:13:23 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 10, 2022, 09:39:51 AM
It's a fcuk up for sure, but I didn't see this much outcry when the Mason Greenwood story broke. In fact there were people defending Greenwood.

Its a strange world that we live in.

This is exactly my point. And everyone kicking off in such a big way I hope are vegans. Otherwise they're hypocrits.

Luis Suarez - proven racist, Adidas kept him on.
Harry Maguire - charged with assault and bribery in Greece, still captain of Man Utd.
Marcus Alonso - killed someone in a car and had a long career afterwards.

It's so over the top.

Seems pointless to conflate the two. Like conflating say, people being racist as they disagree with animal abuse. Don't get me wrong, I'm of the opinion that I don't like Zouma, don't respect him and could care less if he kicks a ball again. That doesn't mean I think he should never play again. Just hope that if he does, he gets a good kick every time he touches the ball. I'm not vegan, but believe in animal welfare even with meat in my diet. I think you've dealt your hand ie suggesting people who find his behaviour abhorrent, are just doing it due to skin colour, but I can only say, that's a patently stupid position to take. I've no doubt a handful probably do but that's not the 99% condemning him including marginalised people(s).

Also, as has been pointed out, Greenwood has received way more backlash, and rightly so. He hasn't played since, (Zouma has) or even trained (Zouma Has), he immediately lost sponsorship whereas Adidas took time to review evidence and decided he wasn't fit for the label. Something you disagree with? And Westham will likely, continue to play him and let him train. All these things Greenwood can't so unless your talking specifically about your echo chamber on social media, I don't see how anyone has supported Greenwood for his (probably, almost definitely) disgraceful behaviours. I can't believe people are that bloody contrarian that seeing an actual video of a person, kicking a cat and abusing it, then publishing it laughing, would garner any sympathy. Worlds gone mad.

I never once mentioned skin colour when it comes to Zouma actually. It's got nothing to do with that. I'm saying that he's been fined £250,000 which has been donated to the RSPCA and other animal charities and he's apologised. What more do you want from him? For kicking a fcuking cat, not killing anyone or anything like that. He didn't even boot it.
But then, millions of animals are slaughtered every day so we can eat meat, yet no one can see the hypocrisy.

FFC1987

Quote from: perry geyton on February 14, 2022, 10:11:54 PM
Twig I don't think i was being smug, was just pointing out the hypocrisy,
Good for you, I don't have anything against people eating meat if it's done civilized but they need to start regulating it at you pointed out, big time because factory farming is out of control...

It is amazing though how defensive people get tho if you point it out

You are what you eat as they say

Not defensive but I find the tactic of going off topic about peoples offence to say kicking cats and finding amusement out of it, making it entertainment for others by posting it to social media, to the meat and diary industry is the equivalent of pretending to throw a ball to a dog. When you narrow it down, is kicking a cat offensive and worthy of punishment? Yes, no question. I don't support the meat industry but do look at organic and more sustainable alternatives (my dad for instance raises his own livestock which I'm very happy with the treatment and care they receive), but this conflating of serious issues to other issues is such a awful way to try and make a point. It's off topic, doesn't help and just makes you look like your sympathising with a plonker.

Like someone else just said 'for kicking a effing cat' imagine saying that out loud and thinking that's acceptable. These are the types that your argument look to sympathise with and get support from.....Ohhhhh he got fined 250k!!!!!! I mean, to most folks you'd think that was a harsh/reasonable punishment, but that's 2 weeks wages to him which he'll still get other streams of income from, so cry me a river if you think that's a harsh punishment for senseless violence and awful role model making for younger generations that will see him and his brother laughing, posting to social media and sharing as its its entertainment content.

We all see the hypocrisy of animal rights abuses, I'm sure many have decided to try and circumvent it with alternative diets and conscious buying habits AND say out loud that we don't like it. That doesn't mean we can't also be offended by someone kicking a damn cat. In the great scheme of things, its mad that even has to be said but hey, 'he didn't even boot it' did he...... 

midlandwhites

Seen the series ...Dont fcuk with cats...
This guy is a joke and should be moved on , Times have changed and these footballers should be role models, get rid of these rapists , cat kickers etc..theres no room in any sport.
Just look at the otherside ..Kmac /Eriksen/ sol Bamba etc...all had problems and come back and play football because they love it, not for the money or headlines.

john dempsey

It's not just the meat industry though is it
The Fishing industry is probably just as environmentally
As bad. So is the palm oil industry.

Fulham 442

This thread is going more and more off topic.  What next?  The rights and wrongs of big game hunting?  For the record I certainly am in the latter camp on that but my point is this was a thread specifically about Zouma and his disgusting treatment of his cat.  I doubt very much this was a one off incident as well.  The fact that his brother, who has now been suspended by his club until the RSPCA investigation is complete, filmed it and found it amusing is horrifying, especially as there were children in the house at the time.  I don't think it was at all helpful Moyes saying it was a terrible incident but he had to pick him because West Ham come first was the best thing to do as a club either...

keithh

I much prefer the Dagenham & Redbridge approach the incident & would have expected the same from West Ham.

Twig

Quote from: john dempsey on February 15, 2022, 06:58:30 PM

Absolutely agree John and unless one's an absolute zealot there's only so much we can do as individuals. Dredging super trawlers are a blight on the oceans and vast areas of plant mono-cultures destroy essential biodiversity. 
BTW I found it impossible to find non palm oil shampoos, soaps etc in supermarkets, so much of the labelling is scandalously misleading. There are a few products on line but they can be pretty pricey. Eventually I found Pure nuff stuff on line, it's palm oil free and sensibly priced. I order fairly large quantities very occasionally to keep postage to a minimum. Works for me, give it a try.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Twig on February 15, 2022, 08:06:14 PM

Absolutely agree John and unless one's an absolute zealot there's only so much we can do as individuals. Dredging super trawlers are a blight on the oceans and vast areas of plant mono-cultures destroy essential biodiversity. 
BTW I found it impossible to find non palm oil shampoos, soaps etc in supermarkets, so much of the labelling is scandalously misleading. There are a few products on line but they can be pretty pricey. Eventually I found Pure nuff stuff on line, it's palm oil free and sensibly priced. I order fairly large quantities very occasionally to keep postage to a minimum. Works for me, give it a try.
I rest my case!

Twig

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 15, 2022, 08:49:06 PM

I rest my case!

Last time I checked this was a discussion forum. What's your problem?

And if you're so obsessed about staying on topic how come you're not complaining on the Ryan Sess thread now that it's switched to talking about Danny Murphy?

Fulham 442

Quote from: Twig on February 15, 2022, 09:25:43 PM

I rest my case!

And if you're so obsessed about staying on topic how come you're not complaining on the Ryan Sess thread now that it's switched to talking about Danny Murphy?
Did you not read my post? You are so aggressive,  I could well ask what is your problem?

Fulham 442

I rest my case!

Did I comment in that further when it did? No I did not so what is your point?

Twig

Quote from: Fulham 442 on February 15, 2022, 09:34:40 PM

I rest my case!

Did I comment in that further when it did? No I did not so what is your point?

Your first sentence makes no sense so I assume it was a typo.  To answer your question, my point related to your repeated complaints about going off topic. As I said, it's my understanding that this is a discussion board and as such perfectly legitimate for people to discuss and share information on related matters.  Especially when the whole thread is NFR anyway.

If I was overly aggressive I apologise, but I felt that your "I rest my case" post rather upped the anti.

ALG01

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 10, 2022, 07:36:15 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on February 10, 2022, 07:18:53 AM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 10, 2022, 06:35:21 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on February 09, 2022, 10:26:01 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on February 09, 2022, 10:14:09 PM
Give him the birch I say

Bring back the cat (o' nine tails) :)

I do think this is a very serious, sickening, offence, comparable to being filmed hitting and kicking a child, though the laws are very lenient  concerning cruelty to animals, and I doubt much more will happen to him, apart from getting booed  wherever he plays - maybe end up leaving England.

Emotions run high here about this kind of abuse, which goes on a lot more than we think - he shouldn't get away with it.

Comparable to kicking a child? Really. And people are mocking me...

Why not comparable? Animals are sentient beings, feel pain and have feelings.

When I was a kid, it was thought good child rearing to knock kids about, at home and by teachers at school, for any perceived misdemeanor - 'spare the rod and spoil the child' - but who thinks that today?

Well in that case, why is Zouma being treated so much worse than Edin Hazard was when he kicked the ball boy?

because the two instances were 100% different. In one case an inocent aniimal is cruely treted for a humorous video and iun the other a 17 year old man called charlie morgan acting as ballboy kept hold of the ball at a crucial point in the game and hazard wanted to get on with it. hazard should not have done it but morgan surely wound up a footballer at the moment he was clearly likely to be on edge. Hazard shouldn't have done it and deserved his red card but the boy incited him.... the cat was just a cat, a family pet and had done nothing than been a domesticated animal. No comparison at all really.