watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Sess

Started by Zendra, February 24, 2022, 10:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I don't know how you've come to that conclusion? Doherty plays on the opposite side of the pitch? Do you mean Davies maybe as hes left back (left centre back in a back 3)

Somerset Fulham

Doherty is definitely playing on the Spurs right in this game.

FFC1987

Irrespective of previous discussions, I will say, Ryan Sess has played really well today and his only hang up is how weak he can be, defensively. He is however playing a brilliant Raphina and we all know defending isn't his strong point. Been really impressed today.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 26, 2022, 01:35:31 PM
Irrespective of previous discussions, I will say, Ryan Sess has played really well today and his only hang up is how weak he can be, defensively. He is however playing a brilliant Raphina and we all know defending isn't his strong point. Been really impressed today.

Agree with that, he's been really good so far.

simplyfulham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 25, 2022, 12:33:40 PM
He had too much game time at Fulham and while that developed his match experience, it put an incredible toll on a young body and he seems to have taken a few years to recover, but now he has rested his body from matchday he will develop into a fine player.

This is bull.

ron

Give him a glass of Sanatogen tonic wine and a rub down with the Sporting Life, and he'll be as good as new......

MartyFFC

He seems to be stronger, and got a great assist for the first goal. I really like Sess, though Conte constantly moaning about how crap his players are probably isn't doing too much for his self-confidence

FFC1987

I have no doubt if Sess performs like that and keeps producing assists or goals, he can be a starter in that side. Will be tough for him, but can't see why not.

toshes mate

It's incredibly easy for anyone to make judgements about others.  We can do it at will.  But what does it amount to if not something we have made up our minds about, warts and all?

The Ryan Sessegnon I remember was a talented young player who played on the left hand side of a Fulham team, mature beyond his years, and coveted by Slavisa Jokanovic our then much appreciated Serbian coach.  Jokanovic never doubted the youngster but knew he was more of an attacking resource than a defensive resource.  But in Jokanovic's crucial second season our recruiters failed to provide the needed balance he craved and required until a certain Matt Targett came along on  loan.  For less than half a season we had a terrific set up on left, right and centre which secured a record unbeaten run.  But it was only ever going to be for that short five months or so.  Fredericks was gone and Targett would never return.  What could have been was not going to be after that and our young talent was destined to move the moment the Club's hierarchy embarked on a whole series of catastrophic decisions during that first season back in the PL.  How much damage did that season do to young Ryan, among others?  I don't know but I can surmise that it wasn't a positive environment at any time after the Anfield game.

Ryan has had a fair few bosses for such a young player but he looked okay to me in his most recent appearances and there are lots of talented young players in the PL who don't turn on regular catch the eye displays.  His talent is still there but, as always, he needs a good stage and a good script to give of his best. 
His move