more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sending off. Was it?

Started by bog, March 09, 2022, 01:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 11, 2022, 10:09:46 AM
I love the illogical last comment the Swansea manager makes. He doesn't believe it was high or hard but when you slow it down it looks worse than it is apparently. Few occasions when looking at something carefully and slowed down shows a false conclusion.

Speaking immediately after the game he described the red card as "a really poor decision" which he said "ruined the game", but having lost the appeal now accepts both player and club need to move on.

"I'm not overly surprised. I think we still had some hope it would be overturned," said Martin.

"I was told it was high, it wasn't high. We were told it was excessive force, it wasn't that.

"It was disappointing. Ryan has to learn from it as well. When you slow it down and look at stills it looks really poor. It is what it is. He has to miss four games now. He's been excellent for us. But I think he'll learn from it."

I thought it was five games he misses?  Three for the red, an extra one because he was sent off last month and a further one for the lost appeal?

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 11, 2022, 10:40:34 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 11, 2022, 10:09:46 AM
I love the illogical last comment the Swansea manager makes. He doesn't believe it was high or hard but when you slow it down it looks worse than it is apparently. Few occasions when looking at something carefully and slowed down shows a false conclusion.

Speaking immediately after the game he described the red card as "a really poor decision" which he said "ruined the game", but having lost the appeal now accepts both player and club need to move on.

"I'm not overly surprised. I think we still had some hope it would be overturned," said Martin.

"I was told it was high, it wasn't high. We were told it was excessive force, it wasn't that.

"It was disappointing. Ryan has to learn from it as well. When you slow it down and look at stills it looks really poor. It is what it is. He has to miss four games now. He's been excellent for us. But I think he'll learn from it."

I thought it was five games he misses?  Three for the red, an extra one because he was sent off last month and a further one for the lost appeal?

If the appeal is deemed to be frivolous.

Rupert

Aside from their manager, most of the comments I read today from their fans accept it was a fair cop. Their concern is mostly that this is the player's second offence in a very short time and if he does not stop doing this, he does not have a future with them.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

SP

Quote from: perry geyton on March 11, 2022, 01:30:39 AM
110%

Swansea fans are idiots

I'll add jamie Mackie to your idiot list but I think we knew that already...........

Woodlawn

Manning appeal turned down, banned for 4 games