https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sending off. Was it?

Started by bog, March 09, 2022, 01:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 09, 2022, 01:56:24 PM
You could see where he caught Wilson halfway doown his calf

Do you remember Robinsons against Chelsea?

Yes I do. That was a red definitely 

Lighthouse

Last night was uncontrolled and reckless. I have no idea what sort of contact was made. But I think if a Fulham player had done the same tackle on a Swansea player we wouldn't be asking if it deserved a red. We would look at it and call the player committing the foul foolish for attempting a lunge in that area of the pitch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bill2

Quote from: rebel on March 09, 2022, 03:05:21 PM
I think Fabio got some really 'rough treatment' too.
Fab is getting roughed every week as is Harry, about time refs protected them. What annoys me is the professional foul done in the opening minutes of a game for which only a free kick is given which would be a yellow at any other time.

bog

Anyone see the young Welsh lad with a 13min vid of the game? I get the impression he didn't think it was a red card....  :022:

092.gif

Whitesideup

Clear red for me. Thought it was worse than the tackle Tosin was sent off for. A fair number of these challenges are getting red but of course there will be inconsistencies. The assessment of the level of recklessness and danger in the tackle is always going to be subjective and give rise to inconsistencies - plus you have referees bottling big decisions. So I'm afraid inconsistencies are inevitable.

colinwhite

Red all day long.Not a shadow of a doubt.

AJW48361

The player not in control Reckless Red

Stevieboy

Quote from: Bill2 on March 09, 2022, 04:02:49 PM
Fab is getting roughed every week as is Harry, about time refs protected them. What annoys me is the professional foul done in the opening minutes of a game for which only a free kick is given which would be a yellow at any other time.

Seems to happen to us every game now.

LC

I just watched the Swansea extended highlights and it was a clear red card.

Also worth noting that Mitrovic should have had a penalty, he scores the header if he wasn't being held.

Here are the highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fw9cX5jz6yc

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 09, 2022, 03:00:36 PM
Like many others my first reaction was that it was more of a yellow and that the red was a bit harsh. Seeing replays it was a crystal clear red card. The referee was well placed and made a correct decision. Any appeal will be turned down quickly, unless Swansea pays good money under the table. Their manager should be embarrased for keeping on about the decision even after having watched replays.
+ 1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rebel

Quote from: Bill2 on March 09, 2022, 04:02:49 PM

Yep shouldn't matter if it's 1 st minute or last minute, a foul is a foul. It sets different standards of punishment, the football powers need to look at this.

ron

Quote from: KJS on March 09, 2022, 01:25:15 PM
Yes it was because the Referee showed the player a Red card simple as that

Agreed.....and the ref was a lot nearer than us.

SP

Loved this contradiction in the Thursday reports, they explained it was never a red then mentioned:

'It should be noted both coaches felt the Manning tackle wasn't a red card, as do we here at Swansea Independent, so we will wait and see the outcome of the appeal which lets be honest is quite a gamble.'

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the appeal.

Woolly Mammoth

It was a reckless challenge and administering a Red Card was the correct decision.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Pluto

perry geyton

110%
In the old days maybe not
Nowadays absolutely
Lucky he didn't do him more damage, Harry got very lucky
Swansea fans are idiots

Fulham 442

Breaking news....Swansea have lost their appeal to have Manning's red card overturned...quite rightly so imo

Bill2

I bet if the roles were reversed and our player only got a yellow the Swansea manager would have been screaming for a red.

bobbo

Def red for me to the ref was quite close and spotted also he's probably the best ref in the championship.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Lighthouse

I love the illogical last comment the Swansea manager makes. He doesn't believe it was high or hard but when you slow it down it looks worse than it is apparently. Few occasions when looking at something carefully and slowed down shows a false conclusion.

Speaking immediately after the game he described the red card as "a really poor decision" which he said "ruined the game", but having lost the appeal now accepts both player and club need to move on.

"I'm not overly surprised. I think we still had some hope it would be overturned," said Martin.

"I was told it was high, it wasn't high. We were told it was excessive force, it wasn't that.

"It was disappointing. Ryan has to learn from it as well. When you slow it down and look at stills it looks really poor. It is what it is. He has to miss four games now. He's been excellent for us. But I think he'll learn from it."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope