watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sending off. Was it?

Started by bog, March 09, 2022, 01:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Their manager went absolutely mad at the sending off. I watched on line and I couldn't see the contact clearly. Was the ref correct? The commentators from Swansea had serious doubts, no surprise there then. Each goal was greeted with many groans....not from me though. No surprise there then either.... :022:   

092.gif

Radiowhite

Looks a red to me on the replays, studs up and late.

KJS

Yes it was because the Referee showed the player a Red card simple as that

Takemehome27

If you go in for a challenge with studs showing and make any type of contact with the opponent then it's usually a straight red. I think if VAR was in use(which we'll have to get used to next season) then the referee hasn't made a clear and obvious error

MikeTheCubed

By the letter of the law, yes. But challenges like this do often end up with yellows, so one can question consistency.

ALG01

In real time i thought it was harsh. the replay showed the ref got it 100% correct.
Studs up, out of control and a bit late.
IMO this is classic of todays tackling, no intent to hurt, just a very poor attempt.

H4usuallysitting

Southcoastffc

Quote from: ALG01 on March 09, 2022, 01:31:32 PM
In real time i thought it was harsh. the replay showed the ref got it 100% correct.
IMO this is classic of todays tackling, no intent to hurt, just a very poor attempt.
Exactly, reckless. Correct and good decision IMO   I know still pics can mislead but look at the BBC
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

sarnian

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 09, 2022, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on March 09, 2022, 01:31:32 PM
Exactly, reckless. Correct and good decision IMO   I know still pics can mislead but look at the BBC

Correct decision and Swansea will lose any appeal as confirmation

sunburywhite

You could see where he caught Wilson halfway doown his calf

Do you remember Robinsons against Chelsea?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Cookie6262

Studs up, lunges in from a distance you better be getting the ball or your in trouble.... He was nowhere near the ball so a red!

The Swansea forum is split about 50/50 you know it's red when 50% of there fans agree

The Rational Fan

That type of tackle can end careers. SUPER RED

Andy S

Red for me. A dangerous tackle

Bill2

If it had been Harry's standing leg serious injury if not broken. Straight red any day of the week.

Fulham 442

Definate red for me, and a five match ban for the player when Swansea lose their appeal...

mrmicawbers

Their player has a bit of a history for being a nasty piece of work.Even if it was not a sending off its about time we were given something.We should get a few more if what they say is true and things even up over the course of the season.

Litrecola_

At 1st i didn't think it was, but on 2nd look absolutely. Late, dangerous and high, (kinda like me most of the time).

rebel

That was a 'leg breaker' all day long, 100% red. Manning second red this season, likely to get 4 match ban.
Why anyone needs to see the stud marks on Wilson's leg, I don't know.   

Sting of the North

Like many others my first reaction was that it was more of a yellow and that the red was a bit harsh. Seeing replays it was a crystal clear red card. The referee was well placed and made a correct decision. Any appeal will be turned down quickly, unless Swansea pays good money under the table. Their manager should be embarrased for keeping on about the decision even after having watched replays.

rebel

I think Fabio got some really 'rough treatment' too.