Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Tete Tosin Ream Robinson

Reed Cairney

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitro

Gazzaniga, Williams, Hector, Chalobah, Seri, BDR, Muniz

Deeping_white

Seri shouldn't be dropped after a MoTM performance and Rodak should be dropped as he's become a liability

davew

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 30, 2022, 05:39:11 PM
Seri shouldn't be dropped after a MoTM performance and Rodak should be dropped as he's become a liability
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Going to be a difficult game and Adebayo will have something to prove, he has looked a reasonable player in some of the games I have watched, better than Muniz!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Tough match we need to be at our best and to continually threaten goal.

Rodak
                                                           Williams     Tosin        Ream      Robinson
                                                                           Reed           Seri
                                                                                   Carvalho
                                                              Wilson             Mitro         Kebano
               If goals are not flowing after 55 minutes  Cairney replaces Reed.

HV71

Please don't let BDR start...... has to be Kebano

S.F.Sorrow

The problem with Seri+Reed is that Silva will probably use Reed in a more advanced role and Seri as a holding midfielder. Reed offers no threat going forward and Seri has a tendency to lose possession inn dangerous areas. Unless Silva has finally realised this we will be much better off with Cairney starting and Seri on the bench.

Whitestone

Play Seri and Cairney and bench Reed. Reinstate Robinson and play Kebano instead of Reid and the result will take care of itself.

WokingFFC

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on April 30, 2022, 10:57:50 PM
The problem with Seri+Reed is that Silva will probably use Reed in a more advanced role and Seri as a holding midfielder. Reed offers no threat going forward and Seri has a tendency to lose possession inn dangerous areas. Unless Silva has finally realised this we will be much better off with Cairney starting and Seri on the bench.

👍

Denver Fulham

As we move into the PL, we need to be really good on the margins, and Marco insisting on Reed at the 8 and BDR at LW has me concerned. Neither player works in those roles, we all see it, yet he persists.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Reed is too important, he covers the pitch, puts in tackles, and plugs gaps.
He gives Cairney and Seri the capability to go forward or to cover him when he has the opportunity.
Also, his enthusiasm inspires the others (and the crowd in the same way REEEEEEEEAM does)
Potential captain, probably not, but he would be first one of the first on my team sheet.

Starting Team for the last two games unless he decides to play Stansfield, Hilton, Muniz, etc against Sheffield Utd

Rodak or Billy the Fish

Tete or Williams     Tosin     Ream      Bryan or Robinson   (Toss a coin)
                       Seri or Chaloba or Cairney (2 from 3)    Reed (central and all over)

Williams to move forward, Wilson moves inside         

Wilson      Fabio       BDR     Kebano  Mitro (all buzzing around the pitch)

Roy of the Rovers (replacing Mitro afer his hatrick)

My main point is, flexibility, shift them around as it's probable that Luton will 'press' and "zone mark'
giving them a different opponent with different skills, each time.
Most of our players are multi-talented and positional, which will be  GOOD ASSET NEXT YEAR.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Facts Not Fiction

Alan Nixon has reported Robinson potentially needs surgery on his knee, and he's been playing through the pain for some time.

If that's true, Williams at LB and Tete RB for me.

bobby01

Marco sees Seri as a deep lying playmaker, he plays Reed higher so we can get a much higher press. Those that say Reed cannot see a pass are incorrect, please watch him play subjectively not presuming what he cannot do.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Whitestone

Quote from: bobby01 on May 01, 2022, 09:42:29 AM
Marco sees Seri as a deep lying playmaker, he plays Reed higher so we can get a much higher press. Those that say Reed cannot see a pass are incorrect, please watch him play subjectively not presuming what he cannot do.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Reed cannot see a pass. Personally, I don't think he's suited to a more forward role because isn't very creative and hasn't got a goal in him. I'd rather see us play with Cairney and Seri because attack wise we are so limited with Reed.

S.F.Sorrow

Luton is possibly the most high pressing side in the Championship, which is something we often struggle against. Especially Ream.

Personally I think Reed + Cairney should start (or Reed in a defensive role and Seri in a more advanced role but I don't think that's gonna happen). Cairney + Seri will leave us too exposed. We need Reed's ability to read the game and make interceptions against such a high pressing side. Seri's ability to to pick a pass is second to none in this league but he lacks awareness and can be a liability defensively. Like Ream he seems to struggle against high pressing sides.

bencher

It's strange that we have had such a brilliant season and yet very few fans could tell you our best midfield pairing - you'd think it would be obvious and yet it is not. To summarise:
- Reed is popular for his energy but he's being played out of position and has no creativity or goal threat for an 8, and is often the cause of counter-attacks being wasted as he turns back to the defenders
- Seri is a great passer who can control the tempo of our attacks but fans worry about his defensive credentials when playing deep
- Cairney is too similar to Seri to be played with him
- Chalobah hasn't won people over, seems to play half a beat slower than the rest of the team
- Onomah isn't trusted or particularly valued

HOW ON EARTH ARE WE CLOSE TO BEING CHAMPIONS???

Arthur

I disagree with the notion Ream struggles more than other defenders against a team that presses high up the pitch. On the contrary, in my view, he is the best we have at coping with this tactic, which is why he is the player who, when faced by such opponents, by far the most makes himself available to receive the ball in the most difficult situation behind every other player (including his centre-back partner Tosin). I would liken the expectation some seem to have that Ream should always find a way to by-pass the high press as being similar to saying a penalty-taker should always score; in theory, yes, but the reality is that even good penalty-takers fail to do so sometimes. To my mind, Ream has, overall, coped remarkably well with high-pressing opponents, which is why we have been able to play out from the back to an extent that few other teams in this league dare risk. Only Bournemouth and Swansea come close to matching us.

As far as team selection versus Luton goes, Cairney had an opportunity against Bournemouth, last weekend, to showcase his ability to 'run the midfield'. And yet, in my opinion, he was comfortably outshone by Lewis Cook. The Cherries' player made the most telling contribution to his team's second-half dominance of possession - generally holding off his marker, rarely conceding possession and typically looking to pass the ball forwards - all the things I had hoped to see Tom do, only for him to fall disappointingly short of achieving. Seri, in contrast, was readily able to demonstrate such qualities against Forest. On this basis, I hope Silva forms the midfield around Seri, whether it be Reed, Cairney or, even, Chalobah whom our manager pitches alongside him.

Twig

Quote from: Denver Fulham on May 01, 2022, 02:50:57 AM
As we move into the PL, we need to be really good on the margins, and Marco insisting on Reed at the 8 and BDR at LW has me concerned. Neither player works in those roles, we all see it, yet he persists.

Worries me too.

Riversider

Quote from: davew on April 30, 2022, 06:49:23 PM
Going to be a difficult game and Adebayo will have something to prove, he has looked a reasonable player in some of the games I have watched, better than Muniz!
I will be astonished if we see Adebayo tomorrow, he went off in their last game with a hamstring injury in their last game, can't see him being risked before the playoffs ,
I read this morning that Luton might have as many as ELEVEN out injured tomorrow,
If we don't pick up the point we need against what is effectively Luton Town reserves then we won't deserve the title,
This is a great opportunity let's hope we take it.

MartyFFC

Looks good to me, though choosing between Seri/Cairney is a flip of the coin