News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else really looking forward to tonight's game?

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, January 04, 2011, 10:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Not sure why but am really looking forward to getting down to the cottage and cheering on the lads, even more so than usual.

An enjoyable way to end the ever-fun first day at work.

finnster01

I won't be at the Cottage unfortunately, but I find myself in a very similar mood, Mr AFC. I am actually looking forward to this. Lets hope it doesn't all end up in tears though.

COYW!!!  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on January 04, 2011, 10:57:51 AM
I won't be at the Cottage unfortunately, but I find myself in a very similar mood, Mr AFC. I am actually looking forward to this. Lets hope it doesn't all end up in tears though.

COYW!!!  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Indeed, the last game that I was looking forward to was West Ham, and we all know how that ended!

GoldCoastWhite

I'm not looking forward to waking up at 0630 for this one when I'm on a noon-10pm shift but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ! Well overdue for a dominant home performance and I'm quietly confident we'll take all 3 points.

sipwell

I won't be there (logically) but I am looking forward to it too. In fact, I am pushing forward some of the work I have to do today so I can correct papers and watch the game. The students' grades will drop or increase with the performance of Fulham. So, secretly, 50ish Flemings are rooting for Fulham tonight :D
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ImperialWhite

Me too. First game of the half season ticket, and hopefully the first win I see 'in person' since Wolves/Port Vale (in fact I managed to miss both the Wigan and Stoke games, so will be the first win I've seen at all since Wolves/Port Vale).

Just hope we're winning by halftime, or I suspect the boo boys will be out in force again (or do you think after the last two games Hughes has bought himself some sympathy?).

COYWs!  :beer:

edit: not trying to put a downer on things, just curious, is this the first game in which a team could do a double over us?

supersub

Yup, I'm really looking forward to it too - ever the optimist (but, as ever, half expecting to be disappointed). Maybe it's time to score six once again, like we did against them before. Andy Johnson hat-trick, anyone?

epsomraver

I will be there, I have a ticket for the Hammersmith end this match, I like the atmosphere there

MJG

I am looking forward to it because I hope we will finally see us take a game to a team and get a result.

If we don't, I still stand by my thoughts before and after the West Ham game that Hughes should have gone. It's the second must win game in just over a week and he has to deliver. I see some on TIFF asking for the fans to sing "Mark Hughes black and white army", well for me he has to earn that firstly by results and then he has to show some personality. So while I will sing and support the team I will not at this moment sing for Hughes.

We have to win this is one of my 6/7 games where we should get 3pts, if we don't and lose I truly think we are fucked long term.

epsomraver

If Moussa plays and hits the ground running as he did against Manure first match then he will make the difference, we have sorely missed a striker who will run with the ball and can shoot straight with both feet, not at one time I will add

Peabody

I strongly suspect that some of you Hughes Haters will be delighted if we lose. Just an opinion.

sipwell

Quote from: Peabody on January 04, 2011, 12:12:26 PM
I strongly suspect that some of you Hughes Haters will be delighted if we lose. Just an opinion.

That would be very cynical. Delight + Fulham loss can never be part of the same sentence.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ImperialWhite

I suspect not - the West Ham loss was rather well timed for Hughes to get the bullet, but this game comes too late.

Sacking him now would merely be mutually assured destruction since by the time we got a new manager, the window would be gone.

epsomraver

I would ask the same old question, who do you replace him with?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 04, 2011, 12:17:59 PM

I suspect not - the West Ham loss was rather well timed for Hughes to get the bullet, but this game comes too late.

Sacking him now would merely be mutually assured destruction since by the time we got a new manager, the window would be gone.

This is my view, its too late so will now be backing him 100%.

Never want Fulham to lose anyway

BalDrick

I wasn't even going until I read this thread, now I am so it had better be a good game. Incidentally, this will be my third game this season - and we won the other two.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

bigalffc

It's a must win game and a real chance for the team and manager to impress at the cottage They must be giving 110% tonight
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

MJG

Why does someone who does not want Hughes have to be a Hughes hater.

I don't want him, but I don't hate him. I have reasons I do not think he was or is the right man for us but that would never lead me to wanting us to lose.

The phrase "Hughes Hater" is used a lot on the offical site forum and is all very dramatic and does cause a them and us feeling and would not like it to spread to this forum where in the last month I have found good discussions from all ends of the spectrum.

finnster01

Plus WBA has an injury issue as well, especially in defense.

Interesting match-up: No attackers against no defenders...

finnster01

Quote from: MJG on January 04, 2011, 12:41:57 PM
Why does someone who does not want Hughes have to be a Hughes hater.

I don't want him, but I don't hate him. I have reasons I do not think he was or is the right man for us but that would never lead me to wanting us to lose.

The phrase "Hughes Hater" is used a lot on the offical site forum and is all very dramatic and does cause a them and us feeling and would not like it to spread to this forum where in the last month I have found good discussions from all ends of the spectrum.
Mr MJG,
I found that to be very much the case when I first turned to FoF many moons ago from the offal. Haven't looked back since.