https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: Hoppus on July 03, 2022, 08:46:36 AM
Fulham transfers @ Twitter:

«  @Record_Portugal is reporting this morning that #Fulham #Forest and #Fenerbahce are in a 3 way battle for #SportingCP left back Ruben #Vinagre.»

I have to assume Sporting had an obligation to buy, they just signed him permanently 2 days ago.

FFC1987

On the Alessio front, didn't he/his agent give the Italian clubs till Friday just gone to offer and sign him or he'd go to Fulham? So that's passed and he's basically said 'Meh, don't fancy Fulham, I'll give you a few more weeks' to Italian clubs......Or am I reading his wrong?

Also, we really should reign in some of the pressure on Palhinha. Haven't seen much of him but clearly he's a good player but statements like 'he's the worlds best DM' need to be delivered with caution.

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 09:09:25 AM
On the Alessio front, didn't he/his agent give the Italian clubs till Friday just gone to offer and sign him or he'd go to Fulham? So that's passed and he's basically said 'Meh, don't fancy Fulham, I'll give you a few more weeks' to Italian clubs......Or am I reading his wrong?

Also, we really should reign in some of the pressure on Palhinha. Haven't seen much of him but clearly he's a good player but statements like 'he's the worlds best DM' need to be delivered with caution.

Don't think anyone's said he's the world's best DM have  they? Or did I miss something?
He's a player who comes highly rated with international and champs league experience , but who is a little on the slow side, is about all I've seen said about him.

Could work well alongside Harrison who's a bit more mobile but we'll have to see.

FFC1987

Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 09:41:59 AM

Don't think anyone's said he's the world's best DM have  they? Or did I miss something?
He's a player who comes highly rated with international and champs league experience , but who is a little on the slow side, is about all I've seen said about him.

Could work well alongside Harrison who's a bit more mobile but we'll have to see.

Previous page 'Palhinha is legitimately one of the best DM's in the world. It's an incredible signing'

Still, just need to gauge expectations a bit!

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 09:44:17 AM

Previous page 'Palhinha is legitimately one of the best DM's in the world. It's an incredible signing'

Ah 'one of' ,sorry I had missed this but saying he's one of and not he's THE wordls best DM are very different statements

I suppose with 14 International caps for the ranked 9th best team in the world means one could vaguely make a case for him being one of the worlds best dms I guess, depending in your definition...
But agree I wouldn't be going that far just yet.

FFC1987

Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 09:55:13 AM

Ah 'one of' ,sorry I had missed this but saying he's one of and not he's THE wordls best DM are very different statements

I suppose with 14 International caps for the ranked 9th best team in the world means one could vaguely make a case for him being one of the worlds best dms I guess, depending in your definition...

Sloppy wording on my part granted, hopefully the point still sticks, we need to be careful over egging every transfer we do. I'm excited and sure hope he  is, but there's a lot of work needed for this squad.

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 10:05:29 AM
Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 09:55:13 AM

Sloppy wording on my part granted, hopefully the point still sticks, we need to be careful over egging every transfer we do. I'm excited and sure hope he  is, but there's a lot of work needed for this squad.

Agreed there, and we're clearly active with some good names, let's hope things are shaping up nicer by the end of the fortnight...I do still expect as with all clubs well see a flurry the last week though but some top players in  before then would be great

Maidstone Lee

Surely this gets done today!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

FFC1987

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 03, 2022, 12:22:28 PM

I'd wager tomorrow as its a sunday for PR team. Takes time getting a decent pun for this.

spikey norman

Really hope so.
Meanwhile maybe Forest have dropped their interest in Neco William as they are about to sign Troyes right back Biancone for £5 million

Maidstone Lee

Almost a "here we go"
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Southdowns White

SP

Tabby

Quote from: spikey norman on July 03, 2022, 12:29:04 PM

Meanwhile maybe Forest have dropped their interest in Neco William as they are about to sign Troyes right back Biancone for £5 million

Think the price will drop or Neco pushing for a loan around the beginning of August. Wonder if we'll have signed a RB by then.

jayffc

Quote from: Tabby on July 03, 2022, 12:55:44 PM

Think the price will drop or Neco pushing for a loan around the beginning of August. Wonder if we'll have signed a RB by then.

Said this a while back, they were asking for way too much, he'll go for half of what they were asking for later in the window or a loan deal with an option

sunburywhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 12:27:34 PM

I'd wager tomorrow as its a sunday for PR team. Takes time getting a decent pun for this.

Ready, Steady, Joao
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MikeTheCubed

Tabby

Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 01:01:36 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 03, 2022, 12:55:44 PM

Said this a while back, they were asking for way too much, he'll go for half of what they were asking for later in the window or a loan deal with an option

Yeah, that is the problem with early window business. A lot of clubs and players are comfortable with holding out for more money/bigger clubs. No way that we would have been able to sign someone like Tosin at that price early in the window. But there is a balance between looking for good 'deals' and the reality of building a team.

I doubt Neco Williams would sit down quietly and accept a season in the u23 team at Liverpool ahead of the world cup. Most likely a loan in the end.

FFC1987

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 03, 2022, 01:10:59 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 12:27:34 PM

Ready, Steady, Joao

Sign this man up Fulham.