watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FFC NY

Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 10:09:46 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 10:05:29 AM
Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 09:44:17 AM
Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 09:41:59 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 09:09:25 AM
On the Alessio front, didn't he/his agent give the Italian clubs till Friday just gone to offer and sign him or he'd go to Fulham? So that's passed and he's basically said 'Meh, don't fancy Fulham, I'll give you a few more weeks' to Italian clubs......Or am I reading his wrong?

Also, we really should reign in some of the pressure on Palhinha. Haven't seen much of him but clearly he's a good player but statements like 'he's the worlds best DM' need to be delivered with caution.

Don't think anyone's said he's the world's best DM have  they? Or did I miss something?
He's a player who comes highly rated with international and champs league experience , but who is a little on the slow side, is about all I've seen said about him.

Could work well alongside Harrison who's a bit more mobile but we'll have to see.

Previous page 'Palhinha is legitimately one of the best DM's in the world. It's an incredible signing'

Still, just need to gauge expectations a bit!

Ah 'one of' ,sorry I had missed this but saying he's one of and not he's THE wordls best DM are very different statements

I suppose with 14 International caps for the ranked 9th best team in the world means one could vaguely make a case for him being one of the worlds best dms I guess, depending in your definition...
But agree I wouldn't be going that far just yet.

Sloppy wording on my part granted, hopefully the point still sticks, we need to be careful over egging every transfer we do. I'm excited and sure hope he  is, but there's a lot of work needed for this squad.

Agreed there, and we're clearly active with some good names, let's hope things are shaping up nicer by the end of the fortnight...I do still expect as with all clubs well see a flurry the last week though but some top players in  before then would be great

It's great that we've been linked with so many quality players but the strategy is so confusing to understand as a fan and as far as I can work out it goes something like this:

FFC: we'll give you 5m for Alex Moreno
Selling team: we want 15m
FFC: we'll raise our offer to 8m
Selling team: No deal

FFC identifies new slightly cheaper target

FFC: we'll give you 5m for Pellegrini
Selling team: we want 10m

FFC identifies new slightly cheaper target and so on until it's loan options only:

FFC: we'll take Ruben Vinagre on loan with an option to buy

And we either end up with him or an obscure left back. Which make you wonder whether we ever had genuine interest in those players, if we are purely trying it on to get a bargain or in some way just appeasing fans by saying we tried really hard to get good quality players early. And it seems to be the same for every position we go after with the exception of GK which has gone the opposite way!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 03, 2022, 02:32:26 PM
Quote from: Kingjay81 on July 03, 2022, 02:06:09 PM
Quote from: Southdowns White on July 03, 2022, 12:49:07 PM
How do you pronounce 'JOAO'

Like cow with a J.

Cowj?

LOL!  064.gif 064.gif

Looks like this one could almost be in the bag too.

Deeping_white

Quote from: FFC NY on July 03, 2022, 02:33:06 PM
Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 10:09:46 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 10:05:29 AM
Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 09:44:17 AM
Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 09:41:59 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 03, 2022, 09:09:25 AM
On the Alessio front, didn't he/his agent give the Italian clubs till Friday just gone to offer and sign him or he'd go to Fulham? So that's passed and he's basically said 'Meh, don't fancy Fulham, I'll give you a few more weeks' to Italian clubs......Or am I reading his wrong?

Also, we really should reign in some of the pressure on Palhinha. Haven't seen much of him but clearly he's a good player but statements like 'he's the worlds best DM' need to be delivered with caution.

Don't think anyone's said he's the world's best DM have  they? Or did I miss something?
He's a player who comes highly rated with international and champs league experience , but who is a little on the slow side, is about all I've seen said about him.

Could work well alongside Harrison who's a bit more mobile but we'll have to see.

Previous page 'Palhinha is legitimately one of the best DM's in the world. It's an incredible signing'

Still, just need to gauge expectations a bit!

Ah 'one of' ,sorry I had missed this but saying he's one of and not he's THE wordls best DM are very different statements

I suppose with 14 International caps for the ranked 9th best team in the world means one could vaguely make a case for him being one of the worlds best dms I guess, depending in your definition...
But agree I wouldn't be going that far just yet.

Sloppy wording on my part granted, hopefully the point still sticks, we need to be careful over egging every transfer we do. I'm excited and sure hope he  is, but there's a lot of work needed for this squad.

Agreed there, and we're clearly active with some good names, let's hope things are shaping up nicer by the end of the fortnight...I do still expect as with all clubs well see a flurry the last week though but some top players in  before then would be great

It's great that we've been linked with so many quality players but the strategy is so confusing to understand as a fan and as far as I can work out it goes something like this:

FFC: we'll give you 5m for Alex Moreno
Selling team: we want 15m

FFC identifies new slightly cheaper target

FFC: we'll give you 5m for Pellegrini
Selling team: we want 10m

FFC identifies new slightly cheaper target and so on until it's loan options only:

FFC: we'll take Ruben Vinagre on loan with an option to buy

And we either end up with him or an obscure left back. Which make you wonder whether we ever had genuine interest in those players, if we are purely trying it on to get a bargain or in some way just appeasing fans by saying we tried really hard to get good quality players early. And it seems to be the same for every position we go after with the exception of GK which has gone the opposite way!

Or we could be trying to sign the players in parallel. Look at Al Musrati for example - we were after him and then Palhinha becomes available for the same price and we switch our strategy to get the better player. Clearly we know the calibre of player we're after and have a rough budget for that, Moreno is their starting LB and harder to sign whereas Pellegrini is able to leave and easier to convince Juve to sell at a lower price as he now wants out. I don't think the club would pretend to sign good players to appease the club because they end up with what we had on Friday which was a mountain of abuse directed at certain members of the club because people read a headline and assume that we're sat there counting our pennies not caring that the season starts soon when that obviously isn't the case

Slaphead in Qatar

Fulham Transfers 🗞️
@FulhamTransfer
🚨 #Fulham still want #Pellegrini but haven't met #Juventus price of €12m, currently #Fulham have offered less than €10m so far. 🇮🇹👀🤞 #FFC #Fulham #Transfers #EPL #PremierLeague

Slaphead in Qatar

🚨 #Fulham seen their first approach for Leo #Dubois REJECTED, it's thought that Fulham who want a LOAN will return with another offer. 🇫🇷👀 #FFC #Fulham #Transfers #EPL #PremierLeague

boplogic

Create space.  Run into space.

cookieg

Quote from: Tabby on July 03, 2022, 01:22:55 PM
Quote from: jayffc on July 03, 2022, 01:01:36 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 03, 2022, 12:55:44 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on July 03, 2022, 12:29:04 PM

Meanwhile maybe Forest have dropped their interest in Neco William as they are about to sign Troyes right back Biancone for £5 million

Think the price will drop or Neco pushing for a loan around the beginning of August. Wonder if we'll have signed a RB by then.

Said this a while back, they were asking for way too much, he'll go for half of what they were asking for later in the window or a loan deal with an option

Yeah, that is the problem with early window business. A lot of clubs and players are comfortable with holding out for more money/bigger clubs. No way that we would have been able to sign someone like Tosin at that price early in the window. But there is a balance between looking for good 'deals' and the reality of building a team.

I doubt Neco Williams would sit down quietly and accept a season in the u23 team at Liverpool ahead of the world cup. Most likely a loan in the end.

And this is a problem we will have until we can get a couple of PL seasons under our belts and players can see we are a good option early on. Players aren't really looking to go into a team that is likely to be in a relegation battle when they may have potential better options to consider. Doing business early would be great but the reality of the situation is that our targets are being looked at by other teams who may appear more attractive.

Somerset Fulham

Rambler

Romagnoli going to Lazio from what I hear. They're offering him less than us (2.8 vs 4.4 mil per annum) but the lure of his boyhood team is too much.

On to the next one, this always felt like a pipedream.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 03, 2022, 06:25:38 PM

Fingers crossed, looks a good addition if we can get him over the line, then maybe just maybe others will follow.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Rambler on July 03, 2022, 06:34:19 PM
Romagnoli going to Lazio from what I hear. They're offering him less than us (2.8 vs 4.4 mil per annum) but the lure of his boyhood team is too much.

no surprise there,shame mind.

PaulJ123

If we've gone for him and missed out on Niakhate because of it, questions really need to be asked about how sensible our targets are.

FFC1987

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 03, 2022, 06:46:34 PM

If we've gone for him and missed out on Niakhate because of it, questions really need to be asked about how sensible our targets are.

It won't be that binary.

LC

I know not everyone agrees, but I would still like us to go for Rob Holding from Arsenal. I think he's a good mid-table PL player