Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 02, 2022, 05:41:03 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 02, 2022, 05:36:17 PM
Quote from: Rambler on July 02, 2022, 05:26:56 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on July 02, 2022, 05:17:09 PM
?t=nVjelOttmySfgecwlUOlEw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Would anyone with a subscription mind posting the whole article?

Here you go.

https://archive.ph/kpNQ7
If this is Tony's job, then please can people stop defending him now. He's posting about wrestling every day and we've got a brilliant manager getting pissed off, as we've done next to nothing in the transfer market!

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Been so many posts on this and the other deleted thread but I am sure more than one person said Silva and Macintosh were doing transfers this summer, didnt the athletic also say something similar? Probably remember all that wrong mind

Mince n Tatties

Please dont tell me Palahina has disappeared up his own backside,or failed the medical or whatever.🤔

Deeping_white

So Silva is unhappy but we're trying to sign players that he wants I.E Pereira who don't really want to join us in the first place, and somehow he expects us to sign players quicker? Big part of the Athletic article says he's unhappy we didn't sign Palhinha 3 weeks ago yet there was an agent dispute out of our control that delayed it, article stinks of a leaked story considering the contradictions within the article itself

Rambler

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 02, 2022, 06:06:14 PM
Please dont tell me Palahina has disappeared up his own backside,or failed the medical or whatever.🤔

No there's photos doing the rounds of him at Lisbon airport checking into an air Portugal flight at about 17:00 local time. Doubt the medical will happen tonight

cmg

An article like this is bound to cause waves, particularly given the prevailing mood of the fans.
But I am not sure that it adds much to the sum of human knowledge.

Of course the manager would rather signings occured sooner (ie now)  rather than later. We all feel that way.

10 outfield players? Well, given the number of international players and the players released, he would have been well aware this would happen. Return of Mitro, Harry, Robinson, Kebano (and Rodak) imminent.

Shakhtar? Fulham management can do nothing about FIFA fiddling around with reguations. Must be difficult to carry out negotiations under current circumstances as it is.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 02, 2022, 05:39:03 PM
Unusual that I say this of The Athletic but that is a total non-story with no direct quotes and a bucket load of assumptions.

I agree. It looks like most of the "facts" from the article have been derived from the club's posted video of yesterday's training session.

hovewhite

Quote from: Rambler on July 02, 2022, 06:18:04 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 02, 2022, 06:06:14 PM

No there's photos doing the rounds of him at Lisbon airport checking into an air Portugal flight at about 17:00 local time. Doubt the medical will happen tonight
how do you get to know all this type of detail?

LC

Season starts in 5 weeks, and our first friendly is in 2 weeks. If Silva is only working with 10 outfield players, as that article that someone shared here suggests, then this is less than ideal.

Not putting blame on anyone at the club, a number of other PL teams haven't signed anyone yet, and we still have time. I would like us to get signings who are likely to make our starting 11 in by our first pre-season friendly, fingers crossed

AJW48361

wheelerdeeler

The 10 first teamers part is a bit hyperbolic given we've got another 5-6 players back in next week and Palhinha and Solomon who have been the two "closest" would be in that group as well given they're internationals.

But we should definitely be further along than we are. Need at least 5 in within the next 10 days-2 weeks.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: cmg on July 02, 2022, 06:26:46 PM
An article like this is bound to cause waves, particularly given the prevailing mood of the fans.
But I am not sure that it adds much to the sum of human knowledge.

Of course the manager would rather signings occured sooner (ie now)  rather than later. We all feel that way.

10 outfield players? Well, given the number of international players and the players released, he would have been well aware this would happen. Return of Mitro, Harry, Robinson, Kebano (and Rodak) imminent.

Shakhtar? Fulham management can do nothing about FIFA fiddling around with reguations. Must be difficult to carry out negotiations under current circumstances as it is.
.....the prevailing  mood of SOME OF the fans.    I expect many are not as exercised as those who repeatedly complain.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 01, 2022, 09:36:23 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on July 01, 2022, 07:23:09 PM
Bailly would be a great signing. Injury prone, who cares, that may mean he has something more to prove. A brilliant defender, and to be paired with Tosin would absolutely solidify that backline. Hope this one happens!

Genuinely always thought he was a bit rubbish.

Nowhere near good enough for United. Could he be good enough for us? Massive massive maybe..

I'd love for us to be looking a bit higher than this if I'm honest.
Think we would be much better of with Lacelles from Newcastle who we have been linked with.

Matt10

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 02, 2022, 07:37:47 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on July 01, 2022, 09:36:23 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on July 01, 2022, 07:23:09 PM
Bailly would be a great signing. Injury prone, who cares, that may mean he has something more to prove. A brilliant defender, and to be paired with Tosin would absolutely solidify that backline. Hope this one happens!

Genuinely always thought he was a bit rubbish.

Nowhere near good enough for United. Could he be good enough for us? Massive massive maybe..

I'd love for us to be looking a bit higher than this if I'm honest.
Think we would be much better of with Lacelles from Newcastle who we have been linked with.

I am good with him too. Big fan of Lascelles.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 02, 2022, 02:56:23 PM
I thought that Samba actually looked like a good keeper, clearly Forest don't think so.
Very Good keeper, but can be a bit of a loose cannon sometimes.

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Tabby

Kenny Tete would be getting flashbacks to his Lyon days if we sign Dubois.

Caedal

It's obvious that we're trying to get players in, so not really sure what else the club can do. Not a great deal of transfer activity has really happened, and I'd much rather us be trying to sign players of the calibre that we're being linked with, rather than scrubs like Bournemouth have signed.

There's no point rushing lesser players in, just because you want numbers. I feel like we have quite a few links which could be finalised quickly, if they agree to sign

hovewhite

Quote from: Caedal on July 02, 2022, 08:20:58 PM
It's obvious that we're trying to get players in, so not really sure what else the club can do. Not a great deal of transfer activity has really happened, and I'd much rather us be trying to sign players of the calibre that we're being linked with, rather than scrubs like Bournemouth have signed.

There's no point rushing lesser players in, just because you want numbers. I feel like we have quite a few links which could be finalised quickly, if they agree to sign
a good point made and I think champion league players are going to be more difficult to get into the club.

jayffc

Invalid Tweet ID?s=20&t=qEsXihtqYwZzy1-dSmHJ4w

So Palinha confirms on TV he's joining uson a 5-year deal apparently (anyone speak Portuguese?)...
A really great start and a statement of intent. Arguably a better signing than either the other promoted club has made and we're only one signing behind both of them in terms of numbers, so really no need to cry about it all yet. Another 1 or 2 in the next week or so and things should start to fall into place. Add a Solomon or a Cakir to Palinha and other signings may take more seriously what we're doing here.