https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Cookie6262 on June 21, 2022, 05:55:29 PM
Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on June 21, 2022, 05:01:54 PM
I've been reading that Fulham News Now for about a month.
I've read countless stories of us signing about 30 different players, from an Arsenal goalkeeper who might as well have put his Fulham shirt on two weeks ago, Neco Williams, Manor Soloman, Ryan Fredericks, João Palhinha to name just a few. But what ever happens? I've been reading every day for a month, it seems to me that it's just made up nonsense.

News now is just a site that collates all articles in one place from across the web so basically a more formal version of this thread if you will. So a correct rumour from a solid source will be on there but so will the rumours started by 15 year old Bob in his bedroom.

Sounds like a previously deleted thread that almost hit 200 pages......

FreiBird

I've read countless stories of us signing about 30 different players, from an Arsenal goalkeeper who might as well have put his Fulham shirt on two weeks ago, Neco Williams, Manor Soloman, Ryan Fredericks, João Palhinha to name just a few. But what ever happens? I've been reading every day for a month, it seems to me that it's just made up nonsense.

Almost like these things take time to happen.

TheFulhamguy

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 21, 2022, 12:53:08 PM
Armel Bella-Kotchap going to Southampton, he was one of the 6 x Cb's we were talking too so we can scratch that off the list.
Surely we should be talking to Niakhate? Could get him for around 12m he's left footed not put a foot wrong the last couple of seasons.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 21, 2022, 05:59:59 PM
Quote from: Cookie6262 on June 21, 2022, 05:55:29 PM

News now is just a site that collates all articles in one place from across the web so basically a more formal version of this thread if you will. So a correct rumour from a solid source will be on there but so will the rumours started by 15 year old Bob in his bedroom.

Sounds like a previously deleted thread that almost hit 200 pages......

😅😅😅

Steven Ageroad

A quote in my daily i newspaper from Money bags Newcastles.
"The club's co-owner Mehr-dad Ghodoussi, responding to a jumpy supporter on social media questioning the relative lack of transfer business at St James' Park, wrote that "patience is a virtue".
Which I think applies to many supporter's at many club's, including Fulham!

Asotosyios

Minamino off to Monaco for £15.5m - I would have liked to see him in black and white as Carvalho's replacement.

Porthogs FC

Unfortunately I can't see us spending $15 on every position that needs to be filled... unless we've got $150 to throw around.

LC

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 21, 2022, 10:10:28 PM
Minamino off to Monaco for £15.5m - I would have liked to see him in black and white as Carvalho's replacement.

Yes, would have loved to see him with us

LC

I saw something online about Newcastle wanting to Tosin.

He won't leave this window- he's got 12 months left on his contract and we have the option to extend for an extra year. Even if we got a £25m offer for him we should turn it down- very important we keep the spine of our team this year

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: LC on June 22, 2022, 01:09:58 AM
Quote from: Asotosyios on June 21, 2022, 10:10:28 PM

Yes, would have loved to see him with us

Liverpool have robbed them. They paid 7.5m for him and he had approx 10 appearances a season in the 2.5 years he was there. Barely pulled up trees at Southampton either. Not a huge miss IMO

Finnans Right Peg

Not upset at losing out on minamino ,not sure what he has done to justify that price tag ,if he was that good Southampton would have wanted to keep him .

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: LC on June 22, 2022, 01:14:48 AM
I saw something online about Newcastle wanting to Tosin.

He won't leave this window- he's got 12 months left on his contract and we have the option to extend for an extra year. Even if we got a £25m offer for him we should turn it down- very important we keep the spine of our team this year

Didn't realise we had 1 year option, that's a relief. We don't need yet another will he, won't he sign like Carvalho.

river phoenix

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 22, 2022, 05:37:19 AM
Not upset at losing out on minamino ,not sure what he has done to justify that price tag ,if he was that good Southampton would have wanted to keep him .

I agree. I would much rather go for Solomon and Barrow anyway.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: TheFulhamguy on June 21, 2022, 06:16:37 PM
Armel Bella-Kotchap going to Southampton, he was one of the 6 x Cb's we were talking too so we can scratch that off the list.
Surely we should be talking to Niakhate? Could get him for around 12m he's left footed not put a foot wrong the last couple of seasons.

:010:

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 22, 2022, 08:12:24 AM

Bit cryptic WSW - tell us more please

JimmyConway

Nick Pope going to Newcastle reported £10m! In todays market for an England goalie that is incredibly cheap even with a year left on his contract. I would like to think we were interested especially at that price. We probably would not match wages offered by Newcastle but with such a decent transfer fee you would hope we might of pushed the boat out where Pope was concerned.

hovewhite

WSW  always good to read and everyone needs a hobby.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 22, 2022, 08:27:08 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 22, 2022, 08:12:24 AM

Bit cryptic WSW - tell us more please

I don't normally give names, but can confirm Niakhate is one of the CB's we are talking too, Rob Holding, Issa Diop, John Brooks, plus another CB from the bundesliga, however, I do not have the name

jelmo

Wsw... Any word on the progress being made with Soloman/the Portuguese DM?

Finnans Right Peg