watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

Regarding Niakhate - WSW is correct - Forest were/are desperate for him but we have 'gazumed' them if you will. is close to joining Forest but now we have shown interest its 50/50
Supporter since 2000

JimmyConway

Holding Diop or Brooks are not keeping you out of the relegation zone. Squad type perhaps but if any of them are starters we have not learnt our lesson again!

Tabby

Quote from: JimmyConway on June 22, 2022, 10:01:13 AM
Holding Diop or Brooks are not keeping you out of the relegation zone. Squad type perhaps but if any of them are starters we have not learnt our lesson again!

Given that we only have two senior CBs, that haven't been out injured for the better part of two seasons, we need squad players.

Bronaldinho

Yarmolenko and Sidibe on free transfers is good business. Experienced quality to be in and around the squad and to offer something at this level.

Yarmolenko also provides some much needed height up top, and is a direct winger - something we really need.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

JoeS

Quote from: LVBPTS on June 22, 2022, 10:00:01 AM
Regarding Niakhate - WSW is correct - Forest were/are desperate for him but we have 'gazumed' them if you will. is close to joining Forest but now we have shown interest its 50/50

Not trying to question you but I thought his move to Forest fell through?

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Tabby on June 22, 2022, 10:03:57 AM

Given that we only have two senior CBs, that haven't been out injured for the better part of two seasons, we need squad players.

Yes - exactly. I'm certain two will be incoming - one as a starter and the other as back-up along with Ream. I don't think we can rely on Kongolo as anything other than 5th choice at the  moment!

hovewhite

Quote from: Lordedmundo on June 22, 2022, 10:24:31 AM

Yes - exactly. I'm certain two will be incoming - one as a starter and the other as back-up along with Ream. I don't think we can rely on Kongolo as anything other than 5th choice at the  moment!
with kongolo medical record soon as he's fit he will get injured and think team will feature in a fair few games.so we need 2more CBs through the door.

WestSussexWhite

We may even sign 3 Cb's Kongolo being given the chance to prove his fitness in pre-season

filham

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 22, 2022, 10:47:41 AM

We may even sign 3 Cb's Kongolo being given the chance to prove his fitness in pre-season
Think I may have heard the remark about Kongolo before.

The Cravenette

Kongolo posts a fair bit on his Instagram- certainly been on his hols but showed a fair bit of gym work before that.

I am hoping he has just been unlucky with the injuries- he is a very classy CB when he is fit.  Just a pity we have seen so little of it.

bencher

I think if Kongolo's contract was up this summer we would have released him. As far as I know he has been injury free for several months and yet he didn't get anywhere near the first 11. You have to wonder why.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: bencher on June 22, 2022, 01:01:33 PM
I think if Kongolo's contract was up this summer we would have released him. As far as I know he has been injury free for several months and yet he didn't get anywhere near the first 11. You have to wonder why.

He completed 90 minutes in a grand total of 4 under 23 games last season (with just 2 other appearances). In 2022 he played only the last 2 games, which would suggest that the issue is not fitness, but his ability to play competitive football on a regular basis. Most likely has never fully recovered from the original injury. He probably needs to go on loan somewhere and prove that he can play week in week out, before he gets anywhere near our first team squad.

Motspur Park

Don't think this is right at all, but why rush him back for a season that we were already champions? I think he had resumed training and continued to work on fitness as all others broke up for the summer. We will need to see how the summer has gone before a decision is made. If he breaks down again then the club should let him go.

Jim©

Quote from: Motspur Park on June 22, 2022, 01:26:31 PM
Don't think this is right at all, but why rush him back for a season that we were already champions? I think he had resumed training and continued to work on fitness as all others broke up for the summer. We will need to see how the summer has gone before a decision is made. If he breaks down again then the club should let him go.

Yes, that's how I see it.
Kongolo is a classy player. I follow Feyenoord a bit and he was always destined to be the next best thing there.
So, i watched him closely for Huddersfield and he was excellent until Cowley came in and told all the defenders to hoof the ball.

I really hope he is fit, I genuinely think some people will be amazed at how good he is.

bencher

We are being linked with a free transfer for Djibril Sidibe (mentioned further up). I haven't seen much of him but I gather he was on loan at Everton a couple of seasons ago. Former France international. Any views? If we were to sign him, you'd have to assume we are not going for Neco Williams (or Ryan Fredericks for that matter).

junior white

Quote from: bencher on June 22, 2022, 02:26:43 PM
We are being linked with a free transfer for Djibril Sidibe (mentioned further up). I haven't seen much of him but I gather he was on loan at Everton a couple of seasons ago. Former France international. Any views? If we were to sign him, you'd have to assume we are not going for Neco Williams (or Ryan Fredericks for that matter).
Fred's is apparently very close to signing for Bournemouth

Blawarmy

Quote from: junior white on June 22, 2022, 02:32:41 PM
Quote from: bencher on June 22, 2022, 02:26:43 PM
Fred's is apparently very close to signing for Bournemouth
I assume we weren't interested then.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

bobby01

Quote from: The Cravenette on June 22, 2022, 12:46:08 PM
Kongolo posts a fair bit on his Instagram- certainly been on his hols but showed a fair bit of gym work before that.

I am hoping he has just been unlucky with the injuries- he is a very classy CB when he is fit.  Just a pity we have seen so little of it.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Jim© on June 22, 2022, 02:20:41 PM
Quote from: Motspur Park on June 22, 2022, 01:26:31 PM

Yes, that's how I see it.
Kongolo is a classy player. I follow Feyenoord a bit and he was always destined to be the next best thing there.
So, i watched him closely for Huddersfield and he was excellent until Cowley came in and told all the defenders to hoof the ball.

I really hope he is fit, I genuinely think some people will be amazed at how good he is.

This is exactly why, the medical team would like him to have a full pre-season, can't really substitute a full pre-season

TheFulhamguy

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 22, 2022, 09:22:28 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 22, 2022, 08:27:08 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 22, 2022, 08:12:24 AM
Quote from: TheFulhamguy on June 21, 2022, 06:16:37 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 21, 2022, 12:53:08 PM
Armel Bella-Kotchap going to Southampton, he was one of the 6 x Cb's we were talking too so we can scratch that off the list.
Surely we should be talking to Niakhate? Could get him for around 12m he's left footed not put a foot wrong the last couple of seasons.

:010:

Bit cryptic WSW - tell us more please

I don't normally give names, but can confirm Niakhate is one of the CB's we are talking too, Rob Holding, Issa Diop, John Brooks, plus another CB from the bundesliga, however, I do not have the name
?t=gnyVwgVIHYGfPu_ZCPhWkw&s=19
I really hope you're right WSW but looks from this like Forest are getting him.