watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fredericks signs 2-year deal with Boscombe

Started by MartyFFC, June 22, 2022, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18971789/bournemouth-ryan-fredericks-west-ham-free-transfer/amp/

Seems the lure of playing under Scott Parker was overwhelming. I was kinda hoping we might sign him, however given his age and love of the physio's table perhaps my judgement is clouded by nostalgia

Andy S

He wanted away from us when we were promoted. Boscome are welcome to him

Lighthouse

Must admit I was rather hoping he wouldn't be a player we would re sign. Not enough of an improvement in what we already have. Good luck to him working again with Parker.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tooting legend

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Andy S on June 22, 2022, 07:42:37 PM
:plus one:
Thought he was too good for us and ends up there!
064.gif
Best learn how to pass backwards all the time!

MartyFFC

His game is premised upon using his pace and getting to the byline to cross the ball. I would envisage he'll be fined a week's wages if he crosses the halfway line more than twice in a game, and will be interesting to see how he fares passing the ball sideways and backwards in front of his own 18-yard box for 90 minutes

70sPimlico

not sure sp will use him as a marauding wing back, more likely as someone who can make last ditch tackle when defence breached. Could be a decent signing. Thats about it

jayffc

I really rated Freds for us but We have Tete and that's not a swap I would make so we don't really need him. Looks like our backup may be Djibril Sidibe on a free who played more regularly than Fred last season albeit for Monaco.

Happy enough with those 2 options, I'd have liked Neco Williams but 15-20m is silly money really.

Tete is quality and would rather put that money towards sorting out the GK, CB, DM, AM and LW positions as a priority.

H4usuallysitting

Blawarmy

Can we sign some players now ?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

bog

Quote from: Andy S on June 22, 2022, 07:42:37 PM

+1

After the win over Villa at Wembley I heard his interview on Wireless 5 and it was clear he was on his way. No thanks.

092.gif 

SP

Somerset Fulham

Can't really get excited about this.  He was great for us a long time ago and I'm glad that will remain the case, good luck to him at Bournemouth.

bill taylors apprentice

He did a very good job for us in the Championship and left us for more money despite being promoted.

I think its fair to say he never really established himself as a PL player for WHU so why would we want him now we are back in the PL? 

Personally, I think he has a higher opinion of himself than he deserves but he's done well financially but will not have achieved much in the game when he looks back.

Dodger53

Bassey the warrior

He was always a player that relied on pace as he was lacking in other areas at both ends of the pitch. He's approaching 30 and has had a lot of injuries so he'll have lost some of that pace. Not fussed about missing out.

filham

Parker and Fredericks both wanted to be away from Fulham and in my eyes deserve each others company.
However it does man Bournmouth have made an improvement to their team whereas we ,having lost Carvalho, are worse off.

perry geyton

Def a step backwards,
A decent championship right back, fast but no end product
A bit like Robinson who is younger and has more potential

jayffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 22, 2022, 09:44:22 PM
He did a very good job for us in the Championship and left us for more money despite being promoted.

I think its fair to say he never really established himself as a PL player for WHU so why would we want him now we are back in the PL? 

Personally, I think he has a higher opinion of himself than he deserves but he's done well financially but will not have achieved much in the game when he looks back.

Bit harsh

The guy won a promotion in a record breaking fulham side and will have played in the Premier league with 2 different teams

Probably puts him in the top 5% of all footballers when you consider all those trying for a professional career at academy level that never make it...

Made huge money by most people's standards ...Good on him I say...he has more chance of being a starter at Bournemouth than here and think he can be proud of his career to date given most footballers never get near playing for a top league club. Good luck to him

Andy S

I hope he's made some cash but as for next season he has to earn his place as there is unlikely to be another big payday