watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC Matchday Ticket Prices 2022 merged

Started by EastEndWhite, July 08, 2022, 10:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Assuming that we're going to have a season of Category A, B and C matches, it might have been wiser in PR terms for the club to announce the Brentford (Cat B?) and Brighton (Cat C?) prices at the same time.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Dr Quinzel

The most expensive ticket for England vs Germany at Wembley stadium is £75.00. That's £10 more than the cheapest standard adult ticket in the whole stadium to see us against Liverpool. Cheapest are £35, a whole £30 less than the cheapest standard adult for us. Just comparison.

fulhamfever

I can see tickets being available due to this match being televised and people on holidays etc Season starts early so think a few may still get tickets

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: fulhamfever on July 08, 2022, 02:16:12 PM
I can see tickets being available due to this match being televised and people on holidays etc Season starts early so think a few may still get tickets

One match a season Berkshire scousers will have these away via touts.

The Rock

It's also necessary to consider that with only the lower Riverside open and  total capacity at 22k? and 3-4k tickets to away fans, and 15k already sold at a VERY reasonable price to ST holders, those prices are for the remaining 3-5k ish seats left? 

Seems supply and demand for sure, and it's an "A" match. It is what it is. 

Bokonon

I'm just looking forward to the prices as an American coming over for my birthday for the Chelsea game. At least I know what a ticket is going to cost me [emoji1787]

mattFFC

I've been thinking about these ticket prices all afternoon.

I am incredibly dissapointed about it. I feel like the club really don't give a toss about most regular fans who are loyal and passionate about the club. I hate to compare us to Brentford but their crowd was pretty loud at points last season - I think it had a real impact on them staying up. They have very affordable ticket prices and it does encourage a real mix of people to attend and make some noise.

I know the cottage is often relatively quiet but these prices are going to seriously impact the atmosphere further. It is such a shame there is not a cheaper category for 18-25 as these are the fans we need to encourage for future seasons. I'm also angry at the pathetic amount of discount for older fans (65+), who've supported the club so loyally over the years. I will be writing to the FST outlining this but I think the club have really let people down here. How can anyone in their right mind say spending nearly £200 for a Dad and their 2 kids to watch a football match is justified? I get it is a business and must make a profit - I think it fair enough that the Riverside seats are expensive given the investment made in the club. But isn't football first and foremost about getting people together to support their team. People should not be priced out of this.

Interested to hear other views and hope more people will be writing to the FST.

MartyFFC

Can you imagine being down by the corner flag, and paying £100 for a lunchtime kick-off. Crazy.

Dr Quinzel

It's even worse when you think of families - if you can't get in the JH family area, because it's only so big after all, you're looking at three-four hundred quid for a single game? That's a long way to a holiday.

SuffolkWhite

Very glad I got an ST now as coming from Suffolk I have rail fares also. But that is a lot of money, I wonder how much the club gives for my ST or this game?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Takemehome27

The cottage will be sold out every game this year without a doubt, the club charge these ridiculous match day prices because they know they can.

I will only be down there this year for the pre season friendly and any cup games, Such a shame that I have been priced out of going.

I honestly hate everything about the premier league...... I did read somewhere that the journey is so much better than the destination, oh how right they are

Twig

Whether or not the Cottage will be regularly sold out given this level of pricing only time will tell. However, as someone who has supported the club since my youth (I'm now approaching 70), I am disgusted that even with a pathetic concession discount of £5 and an even more pathetic £2 membership discount I am still left paying £63 to sit in the Hammy End.

This sort of premium pricing is certainly not justified by the level of comfort and facilities in either the Hammy End or the JH Stand.  Whether our performances will provide some sort of justification remains to be seen but I ain't holding my breath! 

Sorry Fulham but a previously regular attendee will, in future, be an occasional one.

Information

So that is Seventy quid in Putney end to sit next to the Scousers paying 30 quid !!!

Wolf

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on July 08, 2022, 03:14:22 PM
It's even worse when you think of families - if you can't get in the JH family area, because it's only so big after all, you're looking at three-four hundred quid for a single game? That's a long way to a holiday.

There was plenty of availability in the JH Family Area last season.

I've said it elsewhere, but this is priced as a Cat A match. There will be at most 6 of them. If people don't have a season ticket but are price sensitive then go to the matches against Palace, Leicester, Bournemouth instead of the matches against Liverpool and Man City.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

bahay18

There shouldn't be a £70 junior ticket anywhere in the stadium .

ZM15

I was looking forward to attending my first Fulham game, but honestly at this price it might be a no go. Shame.

howitis

Quick question.
As well as my adult season tickets, I have 3 for my children.
If they cannot attend and I want to take a mate I wonder how much it will be to upgrade a child ticket to an adult ticket.
In my area Johnny Haynes H Block they are advertising adult at £90 and Child at £70. Will that mean that the upgrade price is £20 ?
Alternatively they make take the average game price of my child season ticket and then charge the balance which will be a lot higher ....

Worcesterwhite

I think unfortunately the club needs to be publicly embarrassed to realize the error of their ways in regards to their opening game ticket prices. This will soon happen if enough of us share our displeasure, media will jump on high ticket prices in a cost of living crisis. It's the only way that the club will rethink. We need real fans in the ground this year, not full of away fans and tourists!

EN1 FFC

It would seem to be a myth that the prize for winning Promotion is the Bounty of Premier TV money brings a club, as it seems the Club still needs to fleece it's fans for even more.
The club panders to the TV companies with moving game times and dates inconveniencing the fans so that they can grab a larger pot of Gold.
Even being a STH in the JHS I have great sympathy for loyal fans who through various reasons can not get to all games and are then at the mercy of an inflated match day price.
I think as has been said this is a Cat A game and hopefully sense will prevail on the pricing in other Categories.

cookieg

Quote from: Information on July 08, 2022, 03:51:16 PM
So that is Seventy quid in Putney end to sit next to the Scousers paying 30 quid !!!

I think that the £30 away ticket cap is part of the problem for clubs with smaller attendances as previously charging £50/60 to away fans brought in a big chunk of income from 4000 mancs or scousers but this loss of income has been passed on to the home fans. Great for travelling away but we don't normally take loads of fans away so clubs aren't going to earning much from us.