News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crawley Town vs Fulham Post Match thread (Merged)

Started by ffcthereligion, August 23, 2022, 07:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamfever on August 23, 2022, 09:56:00 PM
Last 10 years City, United, Chelsea or Liverpool have won it.

Yes...Its funny that they all seem to take the Cups seriously,when they have more important things to play for.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: 3 Cherries on August 23, 2022, 09:58:13 PM
Pleased we're out 

But well done Crawley

Imagine being pleased that your team lost.
Fck off wind up merchant.

Tooting legend

People can come on here and blame Diop and Duffy but look what they had in front of them a bunch if kids against a league 2 side who played their 1st teamers. I'm glad we are our of this cup to concentrate on the league but by no means wad this Diop and Duffys fault we were too light weight.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2022, 09:51:35 PM
Regardless if you like the cups or not(and there are a lot of you on here who dont),there is no excuse for that performance.
Lots of other sides in the Premier,them that will be fighting for survival have taken tonight seriously.
Villa
Everton
Southampton
Palace
Forest
have all come through away from home against league 1&2
opposition playing weaken sides like we have,yet we get played off the park by bottom of league 2.

A club's injury status and depth does matter as to how hard they can push in the cups. We simply could not afford to field anything close to an ambitious team today. The scrappy league two pros bullied the youngsters.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2022, 10:01:20 PM
Quote from: 3 Cherries on August 23, 2022, 09:58:13 PM
Pleased we're out 

But well done Crawley

Imagine being pleased that your team lost.
Fck off wind up merchant.

I know tempers are high now gents but let's try and chill out a bit.

Jamie88

Quote from: Tooting legend on August 23, 2022, 10:01:38 PM
People can come on here and blame Diop and Duffy but look what they had in front of them a bunch if kids against a league 2 side who played their 1st teamers. I'm glad we are our of this cup to concentrate on the league but by no means wad this Diop and Duffys fault we were too light weight.

They had Chalobah and Cairney in front of them, both should be able to cope with the midfield of Crawley Town.

South Coast White

This result will soon be forgotten, hopefully however not in the minds of the players who turned up tonight.

Mince n Tatties

They are bottom of league 2 without a win in 5 games and some of you accept that.
The team we put out should have hit them for five.

The Rock

I'd rather have lost today and won against Brentford.

I didn't see it, but I saw the line up and pleased it wasn't the starting eleven that lost.

On paper our second line of defence seems a concern, but the line up seemed experimental and perhaps they, who hadn't ever played together before, May have been exposed. Godo, Adlade? Fossey playing out of position? They aren't going to be anywhere close to our starting eleven.

Not losing sleep over it.

ffcthereligion

I agree with OP its unacceptable but I would have named the same team for the reasons of prioritising the league this year. We already have enough injuries and dont want to risk any others by playing some sh*thouse team in an adjunct competition

The Rock

Quote from: South Coast White on August 23, 2022, 10:08:15 PM
This result will soon be forgotten, hopefully however not in the minds of the players who turned up tonight.

Spot on.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Im not Pleased we were beaten, and I'd be very pissed off if I thought beating Crawley tonight was essential to avoid relegation in the premier league, but its not and thats why Im pleased that this pointless cup distraction is now behind us. 

Now lets get on with the real business and prepare for the serious challenge of Arsenal!

Mince n Tatties

No Wonder other fans slag us off.
Fulham Fans are a joke.

South Coast White

It's been worse, many younger fans will not remember being knocked out by non league Hayes and Yeovil.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2022, 10:22:29 PM
No Wonder other fans slag us off.
Fulham Fans are a joke.

Blimey. Go to bed.

Denver Fulham

You should never be happy that you lost, but we played the correct group of players in this match and they were largely terrible, which gives us some more information.

A lineup with Cairney, Chalobah, Mbabu, Diop, Duffy and Rodak shouldn't be losing to a 4th-tier side but credit Crawley as well. It sounds like they played well. This also may clarify to our senior guys in today's lineup why they're not (yet, anyway) getting (many) minutes in league play, and spur additional signings for Marco.

KentFulham

He was poor, I left on 75, but up till then half asleep and spent most of his time passing between Bryan and Rodak. Whole team with exception of Jay were dire. Chalobah should forget putting a shirt on again

Mince n Tatties

Forest made 11 changes tonight,and still won 3-0 at Grimsby.
There is no excuse for us....With a bit of luck I hope most of them tonight never get near first team,or we will be in trouble.

Bassey the warrior

Didn't watch it but it sounds like Chalobah didn't play well and he rarely has for us. Currently he is back up to Palhinha who will inevitably pick up suspensions, we simply must get in better quality as we can't rely on Chalobah.