https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR. Manager merry go round

Started by bobby01, September 18, 2022, 07:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surlyc

Chris Wilder sacked by Middlesbrough.

filham

This thread could go rolling on all season. A high scoring match each week could well result on the defeated manager being sacked.

bobbo

Quote from: Motspur Park on September 19, 2022, 05:45:05 PM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on September 19, 2022, 12:56:38 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 19, 2022, 09:05:12 AM
It won't be long before a manager will be sacked before he is employed.

me too roger . you come across as a typical london lad with plenty of wise cracks , but i wonder how a lot of it goes down there in the states . i travel there at least a couple of times every year and smart remarks often fall flat , whilst they wouyld raise a grin here . off to bost on wednesday up to maine for the fall.

It's an expresion and example I use a lot.

"If you give me a job and I turn out to be an idiot, I'm not the idiot"

A true story, I went for an interview in Connecticiut and after a really good interview with the MD, he said. 
"OK, one last think, you will need to take a drug test"
I looked at him and said "How does it work, do you give me a huge joint and see how I handle up" ?
He stood up, stuck his hand out for me to shake and said "We need someone around here with your sense
of humour, you're hired.
We worked together quite a while, but no blow.

Made me laugh Roger.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Somerset Fulham

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

gang

On loan at Middlesbrough, no early release clause was negotiated.

Tabby

Muniz is their best striker. Change in manager won't change that.

Fulham 442

Quote from: gang on October 03, 2022, 08:20:33 PM
Pity, I'd rather have him over Vinicius!

alfie

Quote from: gang on October 03, 2022, 08:20:33 PM
Is that definite?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Surlyc on October 03, 2022, 09:48:49 AM
Chris Wilder sacked by Middlesbrough.

And some wanted him here.😄

St Eve

How does Cooper survive this?

South Coast White

Woolly Mammoth

If it turns out the case that a manager gets fired because he is unable to get the results required to keep his job.
Then surely the people who fired him in most cases hired him, so should they not sack themselves first for incompetent and poor judgement.

Because the likelihood is that they will continue to make the same mistake.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 02, 2022, 03:45:03 PM
Parker is a decent fit for most championship sides to be fair. Even if you don't like him, he's proven he can get teams promoted.

A bit late to this thread, but isn't your comment heavily lacking further context. At best, I would say that Parker has proven that he can get a top 2 squad promoted. At worst I would argue that those squads were promoted despite a below par manager. Most squads won't be as good, relatively speaking, and nothing Parker has shown as a manager makes me believe he can get a team to perform anywhere above the minimum expectation.

Perhaps a tad unfair, because of my personal bias towards the man, but in my opinion not unreasonable.

I am sure though that he will get at least one more shot at a decent side.

toshes mate

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 04, 2022, 09:29:18 AM
If it turns out the case that a manager gets fired because he is unable to get the results required to keep his job.
Then surely the people who fired him in most cases hired him, so should they not sack themselves first for incompetent and poor judgement.

You do wonder how senior executives and owners at football clubs sleep at night when they always have the perfect scapegoat when things go wrong.   It is never they who were at fault it was always that guy they 'thank for all you did (n't do)' as they boot the person out the door (and, of course, not all outgoers get a healthy pay out on dismissal).

One thing I'd say about Shahid Khan is that at least he has tried just about everything to get to the point where he feels confident enough to do it on his own.

alfie

Was Joka, Dyche or even wilder, poor judgment and mistakes?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2022, 10:38:19 AM

Hiring them was not, firing them in my opinion was.

If my memory serves me correctly Dyke was hired by a different person that fired him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

When we stuff West Ham on Sunday the knives might be out for Moyes,already a few grumblings.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 04, 2022, 11:40:32 AM
Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2022, 10:38:19 AM

Hiring them was not, firing them in my opinion was.

If my memory serves me correctly Dyke was hired by a different person that fired him.

They were going down under Dyche, I think the players had lost faith in him. They almost pulled it off under the new man, lost out on the last day. Also notable the fans and allegedly players were much happier with the style of play. That doesn't in any way negate the great job he did (even though I didn't personally like him), or ignore any of the considerable factors - namely he wasn't backed in the market.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: St Eve on October 03, 2022, 09:12:35 PM
How does Cooper survive this?

He is done I think, Rafa is probably on the way. Whoever lead that transfer business royally mucked up by leaving the cb standard so poor, albeit their best cb has been out injured. That being said, Cooper didn't do too much to support the defence, for example why did he persist with a two-man midfield when it was clear they were giving the cb's no support and the attacking players the same? He did a great job last season but has shown himself to be quite tactically naive this one.