watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Corruption or pure incompetence?

Started by southwest6, October 10, 2022, 11:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

For me I think very few referees overturn the VAR decision as they feel they are exposed to making a brave desision, far easier route is to hide behind VAR and go with what that says

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

LC

I do t think it's corruption.

All the games this weekend that I watched the refs didn't go over to the monitor, it looked like they were being told the decision. If that's the model we're following then we need more scrutiny for the VAR officials.

So many mistakes this weekend, Arsenal got a penalty that should never have been one- absolute madness. VAR was created to stop clear and obvious mistakes, it was never meant to change every single decision. I would rather revert to how it was before- no VAR, but we keep the goal line technology

Somerset Fulham

Its getting a bit tin foil hat here lads. 

Pluto

You can't blame Kavanaghs decisions yesterday on human error or genuine mistakes. There was video footage that clearly showed the handballs that was there for everyone to see.

Something stinks.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 10, 2022, 03:16:52 PM

The problem is that for every conspiracy theory and attack against the system. A large percentage proves to be correct. People defend the system and pretend it is just fine and 'they' wouldn't cheat or do things illegally. But from protective clothing for Covid to VAR decisions. It is a fact that somebody somewhere is seeking to gain an advantage or profit or both.

It really is time for people to open up and see what is going on. Otherwise we keep on having World Cups in places with money while people literally die building stadiums and millionaires kneel to make themselves feel they are doing something against injustice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

deadcowboys

Apart from the incompetents running it, it has no transparency. I guess maybe the Premier League may have voice recordings & PGMOL but otherwise everything is a secret. This is in stark contrast to Cricket & Rugby Union where the VAR equivalent are available for viewers to watch & listen to. In fact if you've listened to RefLink at Union you get all the Ref's decisions as they are made. One wonders why Football is so scared of these innovations.

hovewhite

Well the laws of the game weren't served to fulham yesterday and we're a blatant breach of those laws with all there goals.We were Cheated!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 10, 2022, 03:32:35 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 10, 2022, 03:16:52 PM

The problem is that for every conspiracy theory and attack against the system. A large percentage proves to be correct. People defend the system and pretend it is just fine and 'they' wouldn't cheat or do things illegally. But from protective clothing for Covid to VAR decisions. It is a fact that somebody somewhere is seeking to gain an advantage or profit or both.

It really is time for people to open up and see what is going on. Otherwise we keep on having World Cups in places with money while people literally die building stadiums and millionaires kneel to make themselves feel they are doing something against injustice.

I don't doubt that corruption exists especially over that WC decision and the one that preceeded it.  We all know that it exists by just looking at the current shysters in charge of this country and the amount they are literally just stealing from us whilst laughing, but I don't think corruption was the reason West Ham beat Fulham yesterday.  It was absolute gross incompetence by those at Stockley Park (who I admit are actually best placed to be corrupt) and perhaps from the ref at various points too.

FFCBadger

The rules need looking at too. I read thi just now on the Antonio third goal:

"I think it was handball originally, he swipes at it but because it's not picked up because it doesn't materialise in a goal. "The argument is the Fulham players touched the ball so it's reset, the law says if it strikes his hand, it's got to go directly to the player or his colleague. That's where it's complicated, the easy thing is if it got picked up on that it was handball but the VAR deemed that it wasn't handball so he can't penalise that."

So it's OK to grab the ball, throw it at a fulham player then score on the rebound! Tricky yes, but completely legal...

john dempsey

Is there as much controversy in European leagues or
is this just an English problem.?

Watford_fc

Quote from: john dempsey on October 10, 2022, 04:07:13 PM
Is there as much controversy in European leagues or
is this just an English problem.?

There was in the Inter v Barca Champions league game  - again over hand ball issues which seem to be the main problem as it's so inconsistent and subjective.

Watford_fc

Quote from: sunburywhite on October 10, 2022, 02:58:50 PM
For me I think very few referees overturn the VAR decision as they feel they are exposed to making a brave desision, far easier route is to hide behind VAR and go with what that says

Don't want to upset their mate by going against them .

Oakeshott

Maybe some enterprising reporter will be able to prove a ref has received a corrupt payment and blow the whole thing open, as was done with FIFA. The only disappointment there is that Blatter isn't in jail.

filham

Referees are not corrupt or biased but they are human and make mistakes, also they are different and one will see an incident differently from another. It has always been this way and there have always been disputes about handball and offside decisions.

Nowadays though matches are much more closely fought and there is more money in the game, that means                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       prizes are more valuable and therefore decisions are more critical. Var was intended to reduce error in fact it is causing long delays enabling a stronger focus on the tight decisions.

Going back to the old "hand hits ball" ruling and forgetting about the "not interfering with play" excuse for offside would ease the situation.

HamsterWheel

Can't disagree with Fat Frank's view of the ref "Everton manager Frank Lampard stated he was 'a professional who cannot do his job right' and 'incompetent at best'.
VAR is reluctant to make the on-pitch ref look incompetent, so that's why you get completely daft justifications for wrong decisions. If there's 100 wrong decisions, the refs body only admit one and come up with spurious pathetic reasons to justify the other 99 mistakes.

alfie

Quote from: LC on October 10, 2022, 03:07:15 PM
I do t think it's corruption.

All the games this weekend that I watched the refs didn't go over to the monitor, it looked like they were being told the decision. If that's the model we're following then we need more scrutiny for the VAR officials.

So many mistakes this weekend, Arsenal got a penalty that should never have been one- absolute madness. VAR was created to stop clear and obvious mistakes, it was never meant to change every single decision. I would rather revert to how it was before- no VAR, but we keep the goal line technology
I think I disagree with you on the Arsenal pen, I thought the pool player definitely kicked the back of Jesus calf, wasn't enough to put him on the floor, but I thought it was correct at the time, although to be honest I haven't seen any replays.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamfever

Italian league will forever be the most corrupt league

MayoDomo

For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamfever on October 10, 2022, 04:33:11 PM
Italian league will forever be the most corrupt league

Not having that...Its the Eastern Counties  league,Norwich Utd
brought their own ref with them when they played Newmarket  Town,10 dodgy decisions,and he was drunk.🤔

winterline

Refs and commentators are different however both are human and a comparison can be applied.

I recall seeing goals where in real time it's hard to say which part of the body it came off of, head or shoulder, knee or thigh, offensive player or defensive player. Upon the slow mo replay, the contact to me was clear however the commentators still got it wrong.

It's a mix but i think it leans heavily towards incompetence, 90 to 10.