News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham vs Bournemouth: Post Match thread (Merged)

Started by perry geyton, October 15, 2022, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Quote from: MisfitKid on October 15, 2022, 05:18:43 PM
Quote from: Caedal on October 15, 2022, 05:16:45 PM
Quote from: LC on October 15, 2022, 05:15:55 PM
Cairney needs to start ahead of Andreas Reed

Agree
Didn't get to the match today but have felt that Reed is not the attacking midfield player that TC is. With Paulinho taking that defensive role Harrison is not as effective going forward and we know his goal threat is weak.

Caedal

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on October 15, 2022, 05:18:51 PM
Personally I would have Reed and Joao playing a double pivot.

The problem is that they arent playing a double pivot. Reed isnt sitting and holding, he's all over the place (hence him literally running past Lerma before he scores as he wasnt in position). If they were playing that way, we'd have cover in the full back areas when they go upfield, which is where we constantly concede goals from. When a fullback goes upfield, one of them HAS to cover the gap. That is the entire point of playing 2 DMs. Just look at how Kante plays for Chelsea, its the same system

Sgt Fulham

That game looked exactly like what it was: two promoted teams scrapping to pick up vital points to guard against relegation. Both having glaring deficiencies, and lacked the quality to win the game. With a fully fit team I think we're better than Bournemouth, but the gap isn't that big.

SerbianLad

I've been very impressed with both Cairney and Willian. They really changed the game.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Caedal on October 15, 2022, 05:24:50 PM
Personally I would have Reed and Joao playing a double pivot.

The problem is that they arent playing a double pivot. Reed isnt sitting and holding, he's all over the place (hence him literally running past Lerma before he scores as he wasnt in position). If they were playing that way, we'd have cover in the full back areas when they go upfield, which is where we constantly concede goals from. When a fullback goes upfield, one of them HAS to cover the gap. That is the entire point of playing 2 DMs. Just look at how Kante plays for Chelsea, its the same system

That's why I would have them playing one! But I get your point.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

perry geyton

James never a starter

Pereira non existent 2nd half

Yet our main man patiently sits on the bench, week in week out

Somerset Fulham

I'll take that. There was no way that Mitro was fit and if he was those crosses going in would have seen Bournemouth off comfortably.

Another point toward safety and that magic goal of 20 points before Christmas.

perry geyton

Did Marco see the light today I wonder 💡

WindyCity

Thought it was a good game for FFC, fair result.  Obviously would have liked the 3 points.  Came back from behind twice.  Thoughts:

Mitrovic....Obviously not 100%.  No jumping/leaping whatsoever.  Although, was somewhat useful.
James......Disappointed in his play.  I initially liked his acquisition and his speed, but contributed nothing.
Diop.......Fair play to him for the goal scored, but I still question him defensively.  FFC still leaking too many goals.
Kebano....Quite unproductive, had one great scoring chance but muffed.
Robinson.....good overall game, some good passing, still service into box needs improving.
Willian, Cairney, Ream, BDR.....all had very good games I thought.

JimOG

Quote from: MisfitKid on October 15, 2022, 05:18:43 PM
Quote from: Caedal on October 15, 2022, 05:16:45 PM
Quote from: LC on October 15, 2022, 05:15:55 PM
Cairney needs to start ahead of Andreas Reed

Agree

The problem with Reed is at times he seems to think 'filling a space' is defending. He should sniff out trouble and know that Solanke has peeled away. The ball was in his zone to clear. Then nhe races past Lerma to join the bodies in the box instead of staying on Lerma who's only 20 yards out anyway. Lerno's late save off Solanke was fantastic I thought

Fulham Tup North

I thought 2nd half we played really well and created opportunities to win the game.
My only concern is that we cannot afford to need to score 3 goals every week to win a match.
Got to tighten up at the back.
Happy with a point overall.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WindyCity

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on October 15, 2022, 05:40:38 PM
I thought 2nd half we played really well and created opportunities to win the game.
My only concern is that we cannot afford to need to score 3 goals every week to win a match.
Got to tighten up at the back.  Happy with a point overall.  COYW

Yes, we're still leaking way too many goals.  Leno yet to record clean sheet.  I still don't see in him the "world-class" label he came to FFC with.  Credit to him though, for several very good saves to prevent B'mouth third goal.  But overall, Leno and defense needs to be better.  B'mouth are no chumps, so happy with the point also, but sure would have been nice to get three points out of that game, especially with all the late pressure we put on them.

Twig

Personally I would have Reed and Joao playing a double pivot. TC just in front of them, move Andreas to the LW and have Wilson on the RW with Mitro through the middle. We look so much better with TC on the pitch and I would rather take him off in the 60/70th minute whilst we are two nil up then bring him at halftime because we are losing.

Or start with Pereira on the bench and bring him on after 60 mins to replace TC? I think Andreas could be an impactful sub whilst TC deserves a start.  I know there are concerns about Reed but I do think we need him and Palhinha to protect our slightly fragile back 4. So it's a swop of TC for AP for me.
Out wide I prefer Willian and Wilson as our starting wide men.

Caedal

If Reed plays, he has to just sit in DM and do what he's meant to do. Stop running around like a headless chicken. There's literally no reason to have him in the team if he's going to be that undisciplined. He offers absolutely nothing offensively, so just sit and protect the defence.

We should not be conceding 2+ goals per game with 2 DMs in the team

hovewhite

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 15, 2022, 05:30:37 PM
I've been very impressed with both Cairney and Willian. They really changed the game.
likewise we got more focus it seemed and both on the ball quality they were massive for us 2nd half and should be starting at the expense of James and reed.

perry geyton

Why has my award winning thread been merged by the powers that be ?

Now it doesn't make sense

SerbianLad

I know I'm biased, but I didn't think Mitro did too badly today. Sure he wasn't at his best (he looked about 70-80% fit), but he was our most dangerous player. Also only Palhinha won more headers today and he was our highest rated player on WhoScore(I know their ratings are a bit off, but still). Could he have played better? Of course, but I think some comments are a bit unfair. He was still our top 5 player today at least.

howitis

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on October 15, 2022, 05:16:44 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 15, 2022, 05:08:39 PM
76% possession 2nd half

Rhythm, flow & composure

Yep. My view is there is enough industry in the team with  Reed and Palhina to start Cairney over Pereira. He will force fewer turnovers but will make up for it in possession gained via his passing and class on the ball.

Agree Cairney should get more mins but you  would have to be crazy to drop Pereira - generally one of the standout players for us and we have finally found someone who can deliver set pieces.

It is Cairney over Reed or a tinkering with formation and other personnel..
Thought Willian was so efficient on the ball today. There are not the bursts or speed anymore but boy he oozes class.

Not sure the Tosin / Diop swap worked. I would stick with Tosin - think he is still the future of this team in that position ...

James very very poor - again ...

howitis

Quote from: SerbianLad on October 15, 2022, 05:30:37 PM

Couldn't agree more. They were terrific and the 2 weakest players left the field at HT.

Somerset Fulham

I thought he was clearly limited, Serbian Lad but it was obvious why.  He did as well as he could have given those circumstances.

Its a bit weird how many people (outside of this forum) thought Mitro conned the ref for the penalty.