News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham vs Bournemouth: Post Match thread (Merged)

Started by perry geyton, October 15, 2022, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joef

MOTD clearly had their agenda set before the game even kicked off today. In the ground today I felt apart from the obvious few wobbles we were dominant. The highlights package showed very little of our play and the analysis was all Bournemouth 💁‍♂️

jarv

I only saw the bbc (useless) highlights but they did show TC make a couple of killer passes. There is nobody better to pick a pass so I hope to see him play a bit more.

bbc, spent ages showing and talking about Leicester/palace, useless 0-0 draw. Why?

Fulham got the short straw and no discussion afterwards. Disgraceful.

Blawarmy

They went on and on about Solanke. If we could defend he'd have got nothing today.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Jonny4

Lots of criticism of James & rightly so. His performance today was ineffectual & at West Ham he was hopeless. At the moment it's like playing with ten men. This particularly struck me at West Ham, but why can't he utilise his skills? At West Ham he neither attempted to run in behind (despite lots of pace & players looking to play him in), nor did he track his man either (leaving Reid exposed all game). I can't work out whether Silva is mismanaging him or James is simply a bad footballer with no brain. Either way he's been useless last two games, especially in comparison to the players who have replaced him. Perhaps the answer for Fulham now is to play the likes of Willian & Cairney to control games instead of playing on a high press break. Today's performance has certainly raised a lot of questions about the best starting XI, I'll be interested to see how Silva responds on Thursday.

On a side note, I think we're seeing how poor summer's recruitment has been. Sure Leno & Pahliniha have been great, but Mbabu, Vinicius, etc can't get a game ahead of injured & out of position players. We now have a selection of Newark players who the manger doesn't appear to rate or trust. Beyond a fit 11-14 players we have no depth at all.

TC's Sporran

interesting that you say it seems to be a choice between press or "controlling the game"

only two changes at half time made this difference. i think silva will pick the same side that started if there are no injuries because it seems he places emphasis on the press from the off whilst the oppositions legs are fresh.

he doesnt seem to have the confidence in his flair player(s)

colinwhite

Harrison Reed has upped his game this season and has been excellent for us . However both goals conceded could have been prevented by him had he shut down their player . Caught ball watching ,along with other players on both occasions.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Blawarmy on October 16, 2022, 12:23:12 AM
They went on and on about Solanke. If we could defend he'd have got nothing today.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

The problem is that we can't defend.

1 clean sheet all season.

Woolly Mammoth

Naturally there is plenty of dissecting to do to try and understand why we went behind so early from a concentration and communication level.
What is our best back 4 that are available because as a unit and individually there are gaps at the back which is a goalkeepers nightmare.
The balance and shape of the team as a whole.
I personally favour the high press.
What people must understand and most probably do, is that whatever your best personal starting 11, there is generally always somebody injured or ill or suspended or off form.
So the chance of that happening is remote.
So try and put that to one side, because it's not like the good old days when there were no subs, just the bare 11.
Well they weren't actually bare they wore a kit.
But it was just 11 and nobody feigned an injury and very few stoppages and players stayed on their feet.
If you broke your leg you had to stay on the pitch to avoid go down to ten, and the injured player had a bucket of water thrown over them along with a magic sponge and the player was shoved up front for nuisance value.
Nobody batted an eyelid and just got on with it.
But of course that was before they started breeding generations of wimps.
So all in all that is why you need depth in strength in the squad to combat the unexpected.

What Fulham have to keep doing is to try and pick up points wherever we play home or away.
A point here three points there, just keep the points total ticking over.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mr White

Should of used Mitro as a decoy instead of trying set him up for the last 30 mins, he couldn't jump.We had them on the rack, just needed some one to step and grab it.
Should of been 3 points from the last nine ,1 point from 9 is not good.

alfie

Quote from: perry geyton on October 15, 2022, 09:09:33 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on October 15, 2022, 08:36:17 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on October 15, 2022, 08:00:36 PM
James might be 5th choice winger when Solomon is back, I've got no idea what he offers. Willian you can clearly see used to be a top top player, he's got a very good footballing brain and just calms everything down when he's on the ball. Diop was fine today, Ream for me was the weaker CB today and I think his intital good start is behind him. I'd rather we went with Tosin and Diop from here on out as that's our long term pairing so we need to start playing them together.

Also not sure how anyone could watch that game and say that Reed should be ahead of Pereira if you put TC in the team. Reed was a bit of a headless chicken and was too high up the pitch when we had the ball, playing TC deeper next to Palhinha allowed TC to dictate things whilst Palhinha and Pereira buzzed around him

Totally agree with every word of this post and said as much at the game today. The defence needed refreshing but the wrong CB was dropped. We need to find a way to stop leaking goals and that begins at Motspur on Monday. Tosin and Diop are the future. Cairney and Willian made such a difference and we didn't miss Reed that's for sure. Thought BDR and Robinson were excellent second half. We had enough of the game to win and IMO deserved to on the play. Shame about the defensive lapses in the first half.

The wrong center back was dropped ???
Here we go again "Tim Ream" the constant scapegoat, never ceases to amaze me, please fill me in on how either of those goals were on him PLUS all the positives of his play today,,,,
It just never ends
Agree, not sure what he was supposed to do on the first goal, where was his support, and the 2nd goal, he wasn't beaten, the attacker passed the ball inside to an unmarked player, who was supposed to be with him?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Motspur Park

Quote from: alfie on October 16, 2022, 10:47:57 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 15, 2022, 09:09:33 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on October 15, 2022, 08:36:17 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on October 15, 2022, 08:00:36 PM
James might be 5th choice winger when Solomon is back, I've got no idea what he offers. Willian you can clearly see used to be a top top player, he's got a very good footballing brain and just calms everything down when he's on the ball. Diop was fine today, Ream for me was the weaker CB today and I think his intital good start is behind him. I'd rather we went with Tosin and Diop from here on out as that's our long term pairing so we need to start playing them together.

Also not sure how anyone could watch that game and say that Reed should be ahead of Pereira if you put TC in the team. Reed was a bit of a headless chicken and was too high up the pitch when we had the ball, playing TC deeper next to Palhinha allowed TC to dictate things whilst Palhinha and Pereira buzzed around him

Totally agree with every word of this post and said as much at the game today. The defence needed refreshing but the wrong CB was dropped. We need to find a way to stop leaking goals and that begins at Motspur on Monday. Tosin and Diop are the future. Cairney and Willian made such a difference and we didn't miss Reed that's for sure. Thought BDR and Robinson were excellent second half. We had enough of the game to win and IMO deserved to on the play. Shame about the defensive lapses in the first half.

The wrong center back was dropped ???
Here we go again "Tim Ream" the constant scapegoat, never ceases to amaze me, please fill me in on how either of those goals were on him PLUS all the positives of his play today,,,,
It just never ends
Agree, not sure what he was supposed to do on the first goal, where was his support, and the 2nd goal, he wasn't beaten, the attacker passed the ball inside to an unmarked player, who was supposed to be with him?

Totally agree. 1st goal was well worked and well executed. The pull back first time without looking was impossible to read and struck by the attacker without taking a touch. No real blame can be attached.... Sometimes you have to take these goals on the chin. 2nd goal was not down to Ream. He was dragged wide to cover Robinson which left the middle too open. Ream had to cover but only a fool would blame him.

bog

Quote from: Rupert on October 15, 2022, 05:06:34 PM
That's three games in a row we have been better than Bournemouth.

That's three games in a row we have drawn with Bournemouth.

Bit worrying, that.

I think they  are one of our bogie sides. I struggle to recall ever beating them. We just couldn't get a break in their box second half. Compare with their first goal, well worked but the main pass diverted off Reed right to the stride of their player to cross. Have to give credit to their boss for turning them round after the 9-0. But we should have won.   

I have just remembered the last win. Final game of the first relegation season 0-1, Mitro pen. Our only away win that season. It's an age thing.  :doh:
092.gif 

itombomb

Neither goal is entirely Ream's fault, but they're both symptomatic of his limitations creating problems that are compounded by other mistakes.

The first is good movement by Solanke and no CB is tracking that run, but his lack of pace does mean he's never going to be able to close Billing himself and so Diop is forced to track across, then Reed messes up letting Solanke run free into space.

The second he definitely could have done much better to close Solanke down. As he doesn't trust his pace he stands off Solanke (rather than risking Solanke passing him to the by-line), which means Solanke has ages of space to turn infield and play the simple pass unopposed. The fact that none of our midfield picks up Lerma is shocking though.

Also, it was a dive by Fredericks, but in another game that is given as a pen and VAR doesn't overturn it. 

Quote from: colinwhite on October 16, 2022, 09:29:12 AM
Harrison Reed has upped his game this season and has been excellent for us . However both goals conceded could have been prevented by him had he shut down their player . Caught ball watching ,along with other players on both occasions.
He does this a lot, first goal was exactly the same for the Hojberg goal against Tottenham. He's the man who has eyes on the player and then lets them run into space behind him unopposed. Then second goal it's a great effort to get back but madness he just runs to fill space and not to press Lerma as the only free Bournemouth player.

His positional sense/discipline is often really poor.

Benny

Not much said on him but made a great double save in the first half when we were 2-1 down and and another in the second half

Might not of got the draw had the effort in the first half gone in, would of been a harder second half at 3-1 down

Really pleased in what I've seen of him this season

SP

And seems such a cool customer.  An hour before kickoff he was still standing on the centre circle chatting to the sub keeper seemingly without a care in the world.

JimOG

Quote from: Benny on October 16, 2022, 02:39:37 PM
Not much said on him but made a great double save in the first half when we were 2-1 down and and another in the second half

Might not of got the draw had the effort in the first half gone in, would of been a harder second half at 3-1 down

Really pleased in what I've seen of him this season

I thought the save off Solanke midway through the second half was a stunner.

ChesterTheTabby

He's better than Aereloa, I'll just say it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

H4usuallysitting

ffcthereligion

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 16, 2022, 03:14:48 PM
He's better than Aereloa, I'll just say it.

Disagree but not much in it

Fernhurst

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 16, 2022, 05:18:17 PM
He's quality

Certainly is, stunning signing.
We need three more of that quality player in other areas.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.