News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham vs Bournemouth: Post Match thread (Merged)

Started by perry geyton, October 15, 2022, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.F.Sorrow

Excellent so far, very good signing!

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: ffcthereligion on October 16, 2022, 05:25:42 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 16, 2022, 03:14:48 PM
He's better than Aereloa, I'll just say it.

Disagree but not much in it
He is better than aereola because he committed to Fulham, thats the most important thing.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on October 16, 2022, 05:42:39 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on October 16, 2022, 05:25:42 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 16, 2022, 03:14:48 PM
He's better than Aereloa, I'll just say it.

Disagree but not much in it
He is better than aereola because he committed to Fulham, thats the most important thing.

Let's see if we go down

Bassey the warrior

He's been excellent most games and to sign him for alledgedly just £3m has to be one of the signings of the season in the Premier League surely. Well done Tony and Ali Mac.

WindyCity

We all have different takes on how we view and evaluate players.  My take on Leno is a bit different, to be honest.  Absolutely true, that double save was terrific, as was that tight angle save on Solanke late in the game.  But, on balance, I have not been overly impressed with him so far.  Came here advertised as an 'elite', world class keeper, and I just haven't seen that in him.  No clean sheets yet recorded, and yes, I know the defense in front of him has something to do with that.  But, we have been leaking way too many goals and that needs to improve if we want to stay competitive in this league.  Now, don't get me wrong, he's been "good" so far, and has no doubt helped in keeping us mid table.  I'm hoping he can change my mind and he turns into that as advertised keeper.

Ok, have at it boys, pile on...........

(Hahaha....not sure why the Leno discussion was merged into the Post Match thread??)

Logicalman

Quote from: WindyCity on October 16, 2022, 06:13:41 PM
We all have different takes on how we view and evaluate players.  My take on Leno is a bit different, to be honest.  Absolutely true, that double save was terrific, as was that tight angle save on Solanke late in the game.  But, on balance, I have not been overly impressed with him so far.  Came here advertised as an 'elite', world class keeper, and I just haven't seen that in him.  No clean sheets yet recorded, and yes, I know the defense in front of him has something to do with that.  But, we have been leaking way too many goals and that needs to improve if we want to stay competitive in this league.  Now, don't get me wrong, he's been "good" so far, and has no doubt helped in keeping us mid table.  I'm hoping he can change my mind and he turns into that as advertised keeper.

Ok, have at it boys, pile on...........

(Hahaha....not sure why the Leno discussion was merged into the Post Match thread??)

Agree with what you say overall, we haven't had the full opportunity to assess Leno as the defence has been somewhat at odds, though I would say that he has had some good saves in time he has been with us, with very few oopsies, and as his own confidence in our defence (once it is sorted and settled) grows, then we will see the best of him I feel.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bahay18

Looking at the double save , it probably should have been a routine single save .

I still think rodak was playing well enough to keep his place . But would take Leno over Areola.

Motspur

Did you not see Leno command of crosses and in particular the one from the corner needlessly given away in the 90th minute by our defence where he caught the ball to my relief and every other Fulham supporter in the ground. Was you there to witness that? Best goalkeeper since Schwarzer and very similar in goalkeeping technique and ability.

Whitestone

Quote from: bahay18 on October 16, 2022, 07:38:48 PM
Looking at the double save , it probably should have been a routine single save .

I still think rodak was playing well enough to keep his place . But would take Leno over Areola.

Agree with your first paragraph. Leno fumbled the first save but recovered brilliantly for the second save.

SP

Quote from: Motspur on October 16, 2022, 08:04:04 PM

Did you not see Leno command of crosses and in particular the one from the corner needlessly given away in the 90th minute by our defence where he caught the ball to my relief and every other Fulham supporter in the ground. Was you there to witness that? Best goalkeeper since Schwarzer and very similar in goalkeeping technique and ability.

Funny you mentioned this, the highlight of the game for me having got used to unconvincing punches in these situations.

Somerset Fulham

This is an interesting stat from those who weren't keen on Diop.

Palhinha Colada

We're hemorrhaging goals allowed, but it's not like Leno's had much of a chance on any he's conceded lately and he's made a few good saves. The first shot on the "double save" was a short-hop header from close range that he got his body behind behind. Hardly an error, and an excellent second save, for sure.

He hasn't been "world-class" for me in the sense he hasn't stolen any results for us or is consistently keeping out a ton of shots other keepers would not, but certainly good so far and above average for the PL.

Fulham 442

alfie

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on October 17, 2022, 05:45:49 PM
We're hemorrhaging goals allowed, but it's not like Leno's had much of a chance on any he's conceded lately and he's made a few good saves. The first shot on the "double save" was a short-hop header from close range that he got his body behind behind. Hardly an error, and an excellent second save, for sure.

He hasn't been "world-class" for me in the sense he hasn't stolen any results for us or is consistently keeping out a ton of shots other keepers would not, but certainly good so far and above average for the PL.
What constitutes "world class"
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't