watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Leeds 2-3 Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 23, 2022, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Pete

Great Result. Who would have thought, nearly a third of the way through the season and above Liverpool  :54:. Thought all played well and proves it's a game of opinion I thought Tosin was (especially second half) very good. Most importantly another three points.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: bog on October 23, 2022, 04:07:19 PM
I managed to tune into Radio Leeds. Near the end after Willian scored their commentator said 'I tell you, this Fulham are very good side. That Willian may be 34 but he is still top drawer.' I enjoyed hearing that.  COYW!  :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif

We are 7th!  :wine:

092.gif

Praise from opposition supporters is always nice to hear. It's rare and hard-earned. We were all told Willian was going to be crap. How wrong they were!!

WolverineFFC

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 23, 2022, 04:06:30 PM
18 pts at this stage is very good, grest win and we have a team of fighters 👏
COYW

Yup. Great to see. A team full of players with bravery and fight. What is needed to compete at this level.

SP

Watching Willian's post match interview, seems like a real team player.

Classic94

Real guile, fight and flair all over the pitch. We genuinely look a very good team at this level.

Willian has been a revelation so far.

fulhamfever

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on October 23, 2022, 04:05:19 PM
Marco Silva take a bow, normally never get anything at Elland Road. You just have to admire the transformation of players like Reed and Ream under his stewardship,  playing the best football of their lives. Mitro in his best form and still scoring even injured. Bring on European Football  :005:
Really feel we can get results against anyone bar maybe Man City.

I went to the City game yesterday and to be honest if we press them they do get a but shaky and go route 1 with the ball. Watch the 2nd half v Brighton and 1st half v Palace they can be got at. De Bryne wonder goal and a stupid error for the 1st goal for City bar the pen they didn't look that cut throat City.

bill taylors apprentice

Almost as important as the 3 points is the confidence the team will get from winning this game away at a tough place like Elland Rd.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

COYW!! Proud of the squad. Tosin recovered well after their goal.

fulhamfever

Only need 2 points to get to the 20 point mark I predicted before the World Cup break with less than half the season played

SerbianLad

Great win, and for large parts of the game a great performance. Everyone played well, albeit Tosin was a bit shaky at the start and Robinson made an unusual amount of defensive errors. Hopefully Tete will be back for the next match, as it will be a tougher test I think.

Black and White Town

What an amazing match. I can barely talk from shouting and singing so much!

Goals conceded were a little soft, especially their 2nd, but fantastic win.

bigalffc

Just love this team, Harrison Reed, Willian, BDR everyone giving their all COYW  049:gif 049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Rambler

Love having Willian in our team. Has been a fantastic player to watch over the years and just a joy to have him playing for us.
Pereira's ability to find a player on the dead balls and crosses is also incredible. From being a team rubbish at corners over the years we now look as though we're going to score on every one.

Those two deserving a special mention.

The Rock

I would say Leeds are every bit as good as they have been these past 5-6 years of playing them on a consistent basis and drawing or losing most on a consistent basis.

I'd also say between MS and the few player additions we are just better than them now and are better than we have been vs. recent years.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: bog on October 23, 2022, 04:07:19 PM
I managed to tune into Radio Leeds. Near the end after Willian scored their commentator said 'I tell you, this Fulham are very good side. That Willian may be 34 but he is still top drawer.' I enjoyed hearing that.  COYW!  :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif

We are 7th!  :wine:

092.gif

It's so refreshing to hear an honest assessment rather than excuses. And I couldn't agree more. William is playing like he's five years younger, but with the fire of youth and the wisdom of experience.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jules

Fantastic result. Back to back wins! COYW!

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Rambler on October 23, 2022, 04:30:47 PM
Love having Willian in our team. Has been a fantastic player to watch over the years and just a joy to have him playing for us.
Pereira's ability to find a player on the dead balls and crosses is also incredible. From being a team rubbish at corners over the years we now look as though we're going to score on every one.

Those two deserving a special mention.

Remember when we would have 17 corners in a game, and we just knew that 1) they wouldn't make it past the first man, and 2) they were a waste and we'd be more susceptible to a counter than scoring ourselves? Now we are DEADLY at set pieces. Marco was criticized when he was fired from the PL for being weak at set pieces, both offensive and defensive. He has learned by leaps and bounds.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

LC

Only thing missing was a goal and he came close.. it's Reed for me

rusty shackleford

Only 1 team below us in the league have beaten us

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 23, 2022, 04:42:18 PM
Only 1 team below us in the league have beaten us

Excellent point 👌🏻 We have mostly lost to teams playing particularly well
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996