https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Leeds 2-3 Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 23, 2022, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 23, 2022, 04:42:18 PM
Only 1 team below us in the league have beaten us

And they did it with 3 questionable goals/var decisions!

Woolly Mammoth

I thought we outclassed them and out passed them.
But added to thet we won our share of 50/50 tackles and muscling them off the ball was important. We are hunting in packs and picking their pockets by dispossessing them.
You don't got to Leeds and win unless you have grit, tenacity and the mental strength to win.
Add quality and confidence to those requirements and you have a cocktail of winners. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Our fighting attitude off the ball as good as we have ever seen from a Fulham squad.

Finnans Right Peg

There is just a huge togetherness and brilliant team spirit in this squad

fulhamfever

I reckon Tim Ream makes the World cup squad for USA 2022 see him in action v England and Wales

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 23, 2022, 06:46:47 PM
But added to thet we won our share of 50/50 tackles and muscling them off the ball was important. We are hunting in packs and picking their pockets by dispossessing them.
You don't got to Leeds and win unless you have grit, tenacity and the mental strength to win.
Add quality and confidence to those requirements and you have a cocktail of winners.

During those first ten minutes I thought that we were going to be overrun and found myself thinking that 'this is exactly the sort of side we always bloody lose to', but fair play we stood up, were more than counted and then turned their own attempts at physical dominance against them.

Its this that makes me think that even if we do end up in a dogfight at the bottom, we have enough mettle and enough talent to see ourselves out of it.  Its a bloody nice feeling.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 23, 2022, 07:53:07 PM

During those first ten minutes I thought that we were going to be overrun and found myself thinking that 'this is exactly the sort of side we always bloody lose to', but fair play we stood up, were more than counted and then turned their own attempts at physical dominance against them.

Its this that makes me think that even if we do end up in a dogfight at the bottom, we have enough mettle and enough talent to see ourselves out of it.  Its a bloody nice feeling.
We will not be in a Dog Fight this season

sunburywhite

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on October 23, 2022, 08:09:09 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 23, 2022, 07:53:07 PM

We will not be in a Dog Fight this season

We are in a Europa slot

Grand tour here we come
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HatterDon

Great match all 'round. I continue to be concerned about giving up "easy" goals, but as long as we have more than them ... .
Hatter Mom was pleased to discover that Sinisterra played on the left.

Loving this season and this squad.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: fulhamfever on October 23, 2022, 07:43:46 PM
I reckon Tim Ream makes the World cup squad for USA 2022 see him in action v England and Wales

He won't, because our manager is a clown.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on October 23, 2022, 08:30:49 PM
Quote from: fulhamfever on October 23, 2022, 07:43:46 PM

He won't, because our manager is a clown.

But I'm completely fine with it because he'll get a nice restorative break.

SP

Bet 365 highlighting it took us until March to win 5 games last time around - makes a change to hear them say something positive about us.

LittleErn

First time I've seen this team in the flesh (I live in Yorkshire) but I was in awe of the pace and power of Robinson and the pace of William. It's not as obvious on the TV as you only see a small area. They turned the game round for us after Leeds had played like champions for 15 -20 mins. You could see the Leeds defenders backing off every time one of them surged forward and that stopped their momentum and allowed us back into the game. After that we bossed it. Still a few defensive errors but that is acceptable in a side set up to be entertaining, and so much better than watching the dour stuff our previous manager had us playing. Great support from the travelling faithful.

TheCeiling

Probably our best game this season. We created so many clear cut chances.
What a brilliant start to the season so far.

Whitesideup

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 23, 2022, 04:34:59 PM
Quote from: Rambler on October 23, 2022, 04:30:47 PM
Love having Willian in our team. Has been a fantastic player to watch over the years and just a joy to have him playing for us.
Pereira's ability to find a player on the dead balls and crosses is also incredible. From being a team rubbish at corners over the years we now look as though we're going to score on every one.

Those two deserving a special mention.

Remember when we would have 17 corners in a game, and we just knew that 1) they wouldn't make it past the first man, and 2) they were a waste and we'd be more susceptible to a counter than scoring ourselves? Now we are DEADLY at set pieces. Marco was criticized when he was fired from the PL for being weak at set pieces, both offensive and defensive. He has learned by leaps and bounds.
Going back a bit we didn't score from a corner for what seemed like two years. Statistically we were more likely to score from the goalkeeper having the ball. So from corners we were urging the taker to play the ball back to Betinelli on the basis we were more likley to score. Yes  . different now.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: LittleErn on October 23, 2022, 10:53:18 PM
First time I've seen this team in the flesh (I live in Yorkshire) but I was in awe of the pace and power of Robinson and the pace of William. It's not as obvious on the TV as you only see a small area. They turned the game round for us after Leeds had played like champions for 15 -20 mins. You could see the Leeds defenders backing off every time one of them surged forward and that stopped their momentum and allowed us back into the game. After that we bossed it. Still a few defensive errors but that is acceptable in a side set up to be entertaining, and so much better than watching the dour stuff our previous manager had us playing. Great support from the travelling faithful.

Yeah there is something unique about Jedi's runs. Upright power and speed. Wish more of his crosses made it past the first man but still love watching him play.

Holders

Quote from: HatterDon on October 23, 2022, 08:30:35 PM

Hatter Mom was pleased to discover that Sinisterra played on the left.

How could he not!!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFC In Oz

Thank you Fulham.

One of my good mates at work is a Leeds man so it was great to come to work a bit early and strategically position my scarf on his computer screen!

COYW

bog

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 24, 2022, 08:49:36 AM
Thank you Fulham.

One of my good mates at work is a Leeds man so it was great to come to work a bit early and strategically position my scarf on his computer screen!

COYW

Lol.  :005: