watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, November 04, 2022, 11:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

If Mitro is not 100% fit then of course he should not play tomorrow and he should not play again until he has fully recovered, this includes world cup games.

SP

If the City players are trying to avoid injury I'd bring on Duffy, Mbabu & Chalobah if we're trailing to make it interesting.

The Rational Fan

We will lose so let's rotate     

Rodak
Mbabu Diop Duffy  Tosin Robinson
            Cairney Harris
      Wilson.     Vince.      James

hovewhite

The OP team tomorrow as I think we always have a chance every game.
The only problem with the team law of averages says at least 1of the 4 on 4 bookings will get a yellow.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 04, 2022, 10:23:44 PM

Rodak
            Cairney Harris

"We will lose". Dear god.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on November 04, 2022, 10:34:11 PM
The OP team tomorrow as I think we always have a chance every game.
The only problem with the team law of averages says at least 1of the 4 on 4 bookings will get a yellow.

With respect i feel that worrying about something that may never happen will not achieve anything.
It is never an easy journey from the earth to the stars, but that journey you fear is hypothetical and is an error of judgement in my opinion.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Rodak
            Cairney Harris

I wonder what the loyal traveling Fulham Supporters would think of your statement which contains a lack of morale fibre and nauseating to such an extent that if in the future i ever end up in the same bomb crater behind enemy lines with you, i recommend you find somewhere else to shelter.
May i suggest you absorb the following simple  philosophy, " enjoy the ice cream while it is still on your plate ".

Never forget your Roots.

LC

No need to rotate. Two games left until the World Cup. Full team out

DadCreature

It's a very interesting and tough question for Silva- what to do tomorrow?  If you are a data analytics person, tomorrow is easy. Rotate the squad and give key players a rest.  The numbers (for example, the ridiculous -850 odds on City) clearly show that tomorrow's match has incredibly low uncertainty.  All the predictive models say that we will lose no matter what we do.

But life is a lot more than data analytics.  Silva should think about fans (although that's probably not a big deal over a single match). He needs to consider his team's psyche- does he risk giving signals to the team that he doesn't really believe in them.  Seems easy, right? Send a strong signal that we think we can win anything.  And yet, turning away from a really bad bet and maximizing the advantage to us- resting before a much more winnable match vs MU might be the smartest way to maximize the club's point total in the league.  Let's be honest- that's what matter most.  But it sucks to not play to win.

Bottom line- I don't envy making this decision.  I think it's one of the hardest of the season.

colinwhite

The main thing is that we are competitive and play well, which I am sure we will.

Sting of the North

The players have had a week to rest since last game. They have 8 days until next game. There is zero reason to rotate anything at all. Zero. And that is even before taking into account that it is bad form to give up before a ball has been kicked. Hardly a winning mentality, is it?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 05, 2022, 06:58:49 AM
The players have had a week to rest since last game. They have 8 days until next game. There is zero reason to rotate anything at all. Zero. And that is even before taking into account that it is bad form to give up before a ball has been kicked. Hardly a winning mentality, is it?

Absolutely correct and sends out a message to
players that they only need to try and win certain matches, and does not breed strength of character or any competitive resilience as strength does not come from winning alone, your troubles develop your strengths.
If you can overcome adversity that is strength.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Rodak
            Cairney Harris

I recognise a coward by the back of his head as he runs from the battlefield.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Kingjay81 on November 04, 2022, 06:27:41 PM
Absolute tosh to rest our best players! What a joke! Southampton got a draw there last year and Palace beat them 2 0.

Of course it's highly probable we'll get tonked but we've got a chance.
Agree, the next game is eight days away, plenty of time to recover and the yellow card problem will only be carried forward to the next game if avoided by missing this one.

Fulham 442

Quote from: filham on November 04, 2022, 07:47:09 PM
If Mitro is not 100% fit then of course he should not play tomorrow and he should not play again until he has fully recovered, this includes world cup games.
Exactly this!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 05, 2022, 09:36:51 AM

Rodak
            Cairney Harris

I recognise a coward by the back of his head as he runs from the battlefield.

Retreating is a common tactic in war, it conceeds a battle (Man City Away) to freshen up to win the war  (Staying Up). Besides putting those 2nd XI players into battle against Man City is the way to sort out the men from the boys.

Bill2

Quote from: Milo on November 04, 2022, 05:53:38 PM
I would rest Mitrovic.
If Mitro is not available for next week should we say as he is not fit for club games he is not fit for World Cup games and refuse to release him?