watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So now after watching that

Started by perry geyton, November 13, 2022, 09:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Would you start Harrison or Tom in the next game ?
I fugging love Harrison but Tom just pips it for me due to his creativity
Such a tough decision
Or
Give 'em a half each,
Tom 1st half then Harrison to close the 2nd half

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: perry geyton on November 13, 2022, 09:53:53 PM
Such a tough decision
Or
Give 'em a half each,

Bit of a long wait until the next game

Whitestone

We missed Reed today. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the starting eleven against Palace.

Tempest

Reed. 100% we've scored goals and been creative without TC, Harrison and the P's should always start if fit.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

cmg

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 13, 2022, 10:02:00 PM

Such a long bloody time that Tom'll probably have hung up his boots and be on his second managerial job by then.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: cmg on November 13, 2022, 10:25:39 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 13, 2022, 10:02:00 PM

Such a long bloody time that Tom'll probably have hung up his boots and be on his second managerial job by then.

Also, Solomon might be available (not sure of his starting position)

St Eve

Sting of the North

Quote from: Tempest on November 13, 2022, 10:12:09 PM
Reed. 100% we've scored goals and been creative without TC, Harrison and the P's should always start if fit.

Well, today we pressed well and won the ball time and time again without Reed. We also kept the ball better than almost any game this season. TC 100% for me, completely different class.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 13, 2022, 11:46:04 PM

Well, today we pressed well and won the ball time and time again without Reed. We also kept the ball better than almost any game this season. TC 100% for me, completely different class.

Whoscored Statistics rate: Cairney at 6.59 and Reed at 6.60, so there is very little between these two players. What is most important is they both stay fit because Chalobah is 5.37 (so a massive downgrade from any of our starting midfielders) although he will probably play better than he has so far.

General

I have to be honest and in my opinion though he's been a great servant to the club and a nice guy I don't really see a long term place for Tom at the club anymore. He's average to bottom half quality in the prem and whilst he does have creativity he's far too slow in possession and long winded in how he plays. He's also quite slow at this level.

Now Harrison Reed has shown he can score and with the likes of Solomon, Wilson, willian, Pereira- I just don't see cairney getting much game Time.

He was at fault initially for losing the ball for their first goal and I also felt he passed the ball a bit too negatively at times today. There's nothing wrong in that per se but there were one or two timed when I thought someone with a bit more quality and confidence in their ability at this level would've found a forward pass instead of sending it back to the defence when he wasn't really being put under much pressure.

It's a shame, he's given the club great memories and will be a cult hero when he does leave, but we need better quality in the middle and as back ups.

Chalobah, Onomah and cairney have all run the course if we're aiming to stay up long term.

perry geyton

Quote from: General on November 14, 2022, 12:35:04 AM
I have to be honest and in my opinion though he's been a great servant to the club and a nice guy I don't really see a long term place for Tom at the club anymore. He's average to bottom half quality in the prem and whilst he does have creativity he's far too slow in possession and long winded in how he plays. He's also quite slow at this level.

Now Harrison Reed has shown he can score and with the likes of Solomon, Wilson, willian, Pereira- I just don't see cairney getting much game Time.

He was at fault initially for losing the ball for their first goal and I also felt he passed the ball a bit too negatively at times today. There's nothing wrong in that per se but there were one or two timed when I thought someone with a bit more quality and confidence in their ability at this level would've found a forward pass instead of sending it back to the defence when he wasn't really being put under much pressure.

It's a shame, he's given the club great memories and will be a cult hero when he does leave, but we need better quality in the middle and as back ups.

Chalobah, Onomah and cairney have all run the course if we're aiming to stay up long term.
How could you just watch that game and say that
Herd mentality

perry geyton

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 13, 2022, 11:46:04 PM

He makes it looks so easy and brings some much needed composure and creativity to the team and trust me know one's a bigger fan of Harrison then me but Tom's just next level

RaySmith

I also thought TC had a great game, showed his class and put in a great effort.

Hard choice to make between him and Reed - they both bring different qualities to the team.

ChesterTheTabby

I thought Tom was fantastic today. I do think that Reed retains his place - but Tom has the situational awareness, calm demeanor, and the ability to make such gifted passes with the best of them
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

cwindsor

What I do know, is that I would never substitute Cairney off for Onomah. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Sammyffc

Think people have been blinded by tom's assist, he was pretty much invisible all game up until that point.

Plus he slows us down SO much when we have players on the right, he can't use his right foot so has to do his 180 turn or play it to the left. Seen it for years and its no less frustrating

Baszab

TC signalled to the bench at least 5 minutes before his substitution that he wanted to come off as he was knackered

Perfectly reasonable idea to substitute - but Silva left it late and Ononah wasn't up to speed

Our fault for chasing the game in 92nd minute against a team of Utd's quality - should have (in hindsight which is easy to say) shored up the midfield as TC tired - even with Mbabu - like they did with McTominay

EN1 FFC

Quote from: perry geyton on November 13, 2022, 09:53:53 PM
Such a tough decision
Or
Give 'em a half each,
If we are going to have trouble with the right back position, then we need Reed in there to cover

ffcthereligion

Perry I am aware you are a big Cairney fan from previous posts and you are entitled to make the case but I'm really shocked at the widespread nature of pro Cairney sentiment on this thread. Are people forgetting his ridiculous attempt to dribble round Casemiro and his 10 champions league medals in our own half which led directly to the first goal? Any other player who did that would be lambasted. He also slows us down massively when he gets on the ball. Not his fault but he's simply not mobile enough for this team. No place for him in the side sadly. Luxury player

blingo

Quote from: ffcthereligion on November 14, 2022, 10:25:24 AM
Perry I am aware you are a big Cairney fan from previous posts and you are entitled to make the case but I'm really shocked at the widespread nature of pro Cairney sentiment on this thread. Are people forgetting

his ridiculous attempt to dribble round Casemiro and his 10 champions league medals in our own half which led directly to the first goal? Any other player who did that would be lambasted. He also slows us down massively when he gets on the ball. Not his fault but he's simply not mobile enough for this team. No place for him in the side sadly. Luxury player

+1