watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - what's going on in the cricket

Started by Thailand Mick, December 01, 2022, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

So England have a healthy 79 run first innings lead probably due to their positive approach on a very difficult batting pitch. I was worried they should have played an extra spinner and I use to see Joe Root as a fill in bowler but I think that will have to change. He very rarely gets whacked about and today he bowled 10 overs for 23 runs and took 2 wickets. Now how will England approach this second innings, another 200 runs would hopefully be enough.

Woolly Mammoth

England in a very strong position with plenty of time left.
It would be nice to defend a lead of over 400 runs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Thailand Mick

England set Pakistan 354 to win, there record run chase was 378 so just shy of that. England have never won back to back tests in Pakistan. Harry Brook scored another hundred and is beginning to look a real talent.

bencher

Fabulous end to the test and a terrific test and series win.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: bencher on December 12, 2022, 10:59:54 AM
Fabulous end to the test and a terrific test and series win. 9 wins from 10 tests and some very tense finishes, they have certainly made test cricket exciting again.

SG

Quote from: Thailand Mick on December 12, 2022, 11:42:51 AM
Fabulous end to the test and a terrific test and series win. 9 wins from 10 tests and some very tense finishes, they have certainly made test cricket exciting again.

There seems to be a belief that they can win every game despite things looking bleak at times during the match. Maybe the England football manager could take a leaf out their book

bencher

Quote from: SG on December 12, 2022, 12:53:28 PM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on December 12, 2022, 11:42:51 AM

There seems to be a belief that they can win every game despite things looking bleak at times during the match. Maybe the England football manager could take a leaf out their book

It could perhaps be said it is the same philosophy as Marco Silva.

hovewhite

1st back to back victorys in Pakistan,love bazball and this  England side who make cricket look easy.

filham

A series won in Parkistan after two test matches, unbelievable.

Somerset Fulham

They are totally tearing up the rule book, its quite brilliant.

I do wonder if they will be found out though, there must be a way to counter this style of play although I have no idea what it is!

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 13, 2022, 09:20:19 AM
They are totally tearing up the rule book, its quite brilliant.

I do wonder if they will be found out though, there must be a way to counter this style of play although I have no idea what it is!
If anyone will, it will be the Aussies, should be a great ashes series next year, already have my tickets for the first 4 days of the Oval

Somerset Fulham

That of course is my worry, getting bloody hammered by that lot. Again!  064.gif  Should be a great series though, I can't wait for it. And well done on the tickets!

I have missed out this time but am eyeing up a trip to Sydney in 2026 just waitin on it being confirmed as a host ground.

Thailand Mick

This last test we started in the same vein and I believe that set us up for that first innings lead which proved to be vital. I think if we had started cautiously we could have be bowled out for under 200 with there new spinner playing so well. But after that start we reigned it in and were more considered in our batting which I believe is what we will need to be against the Aussies. Its still a learning process but great to watch.

Thailand Mick

3rd test Pakistan won the toss and decided to bat, they are 46-2 if England win this match they will be the first side ever to white wash Pakistan in a home series.

I Ronic

Ahmed takes two wickets for England on his debut. He's only 18. Can't wait to see how he bats.

Somerset Fulham

First one down for us though, this is going to be tighter than the others I think.

Thailand Mick

Young Harry Brook scores another century, his third on this tour

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Thailand Mick

Our young 18 year old spinner Rehan Ahmed takes 5 wickets in an innings in his first test match to bowl Pakistan out. England need 166 to win and be the only country to white wash Pakistan at home.