https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 04, 2022, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

Quote from: itombomb on January 29, 2023, 12:07:39 AM
Quote from: Palhinha Colada on January 27, 2023, 03:01:03 PM
Anyone else a bit perplexed by the (reported) Soares details? Bringing him in as a 6-month loan on that salary with no buy option makes very little sense to me. That can't just be for RB cover?
Why not? Silva clearly thinks Mbabu is cack, and he wants a RB in as cover for Kenny.

You almost always have to pay over the odds for quality players in January, and if longer-term targets like van Ewijk aren't available (for a fee we think is worth it right now), and we have the playing budget with FFP, it makes sense to bring in someone short term Silva knows he can get a tune out of.

I just presume we've identified a list of players we'll go back in for in the Summer, but Soares will do for now.

If I've read transfermarket correctly Soares played left back in 10 games for Arsenal in the 20/21 season so he does bring a wee bit of flexibility

Deeping_white

Deeping_white

Mince n Tatties

Pluto

jayffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 29, 2023, 01:18:33 PM
Invalid Tweet ID

Bloody hell what a force we'd be in DM with Berge and Palhinha alongside one another - not many midfielders that would look forward to an afternoon with those 2. Very strong and tall lads and both decent distributors of the ball too.
Like the sound of this but assume we wouldn't be signing both Lukic and Berge sadly.

Unless the club feel we need to replace both Chalobah and Josh this window - Hell of a battle that would be for the 2 midfield spaces though - can't see it happening.

AJW48361

Sander Berge like him a good player hope there is something in that.

jayffc

Quote from: Pluto on January 29, 2023, 01:41:14 PM
Berge would be great but where would he fit?

Presumably, it's an alternate option in the case the Lukic deal falls through or to help our negotiating hand - There are 2 heading out the door in Chalobah and Josh so I suppose its possible the club may want 2 in there but suprised if they were both this level. Major upgrades, but would be very surprised - especially if spending the rumoured 20m. Tony may well feel with relegation all but avoided he can loosen the purse strings but really I can't see this happening

Mince n Tatties

We're after Halifax's tealady.
Martha Muffin Stradlehorse.☕

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 29, 2023, 01:58:34 PM

I hear her Crumpets are very tasty as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 29, 2023, 01:18:33 PM
Invalid Tweet ID

Berge would be a good addition, he will add more height and physicality and he is already playing in English football so he understands what to expect and is already acclimatised to the mechanics and culture of the English Football League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Quote from: jayffc on January 29, 2023, 01:48:49 PM
Quote from: Pluto on January 29, 2023, 01:41:14 PM
Berge would be great but where would he fit?

Presumably, it's an alternate option in the case the Lukic deal falls through or to help our negotiating hand - There are 2 heading out the door in Chalobah and Josh so I suppose its possible the club may want 2 in there but suprised if they were both this level. Major upgrades, but would be very surprised - especially if spending the rumoured 20m. Tony may well feel with relegation all but avoided he can loosen the purse strings but really I can't see this happening

Berge is the backup DM I would say, Lukic is the proper #8 box to box player and if needed Berge can do that role as well. It would mean having two competent players in all three midfield positions if we signed them both which is probably what we're after.

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 29, 2023, 02:01:21 PM

Martha has seen the price of Crumpets in Waitrose and the deal is off

gang

Quote from: Nero on January 29, 2023, 02:33:48 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 29, 2023, 02:01:21 PM

Martha has seen the price of Crumpets in Waitrose and the deal is off

A reliable friend of mine told me she prefers Aldi so the deal could well be back on.

StuinSalop

Mince n Tatties