Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 27, 2023, 08:44:20 AM

Interestingly, I've noticed he takes a pretty good penalty

SerbianLad

Quote from: LC on January 27, 2023, 01:46:16 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 27, 2023, 08:44:20 AM

Interestingly, I've noticed he takes a pretty good penalty
Yep, he never missed a penalty, 4/4 and he also scored some in shoot-outs.

demeant0r

Would be a pretty good signing if this goes through, we seem to be going for cheap transfers as I guys if they flop then it wouldn't be a big loss.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 27, 2023, 08:05:58 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 27, 2023, 07:15:08 AM
Quote from: Pluto on January 27, 2023, 02:25:45 AM
How are Bournemouth getting Zaniolo?! They seem to have had money appear from nowhere.

New owner. They didn't spend very much over the summer either

They didn't spend much because they essentially maxed out FFP last season - the new owner may have access to more money but if they spend all these millions and still go down then they're totally stuffed

Agree. Also, they haven't signed Zaniolo yet in any case.

Caedal

Silva tight-lipped on Soares loan | Fulham looking at bringing in "two players' before window shuts
Fulham manager Marco Silva has been speaking about his side's ongoing pursuit of Arsenal full-back Cedric Soares.

We reported earlier this week that the west  London club remain in talks with the Gunners over the loan signing of the player.

However, Silva refused to talk about this possible move in his press conference ahead of his side's FA Cup fourth-round clash with Sunderland at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

"I will not mention any players, the one you talked about is an Arsenal player, I will not talk about players who are not working with us already," said Silva.

"If you ask are we close to finish something, we should be and the market closes in four days and we should be closer and we hope we can do something before the market closes.

"Some players can go and let's see if we can finish some deals before the market closes."

And when pressed on how many signings Fulham were looking to make before the January window closes  for business at 11pm on Tuesday, the Portuguese confirmed: "Two players."

S.F.Sorrow

Isn't Lukic out with a recent hamstring injury? Are we signing him for next season or is the injury less serious than expected?

Great news about Chalobah. I'm sure he's a nice person but I never want to see him play for Fulham again. He's by far the worst player in our squad. The only thing he's capable of is getting yellow/red cards within 5 minutes of entering the pitch. His first touch is amateur level. He's nowhere near Championship level IMO. League One player at best. West Brom must be thinking about his brother, LOL.

Deeping_white

General

Have to admit the idea of Lukic is an exciting one. He looks like a very dynamic midfielder. Not the most prolific goalscorer but handy in most situations offensively and defensively. Also can't hurt to have him link up with mitro. He and Palhinha would be an exciting partnership if it were to come out. Love Harrison Reed who's doing really well for his this year but if we're to build momentum we need that squad depth and extra quality.

Palhinha Colada

Anyone else a bit perplexed by the (reported) Soares details? Bringing him in as a 6-month loan on that salary with no buy option makes very little sense to me. That can't just be for RB cover?

AJW48361

Jim©

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on January 27, 2023, 02:30:40 PM
Isn't Lukic out with a recent hamstring injury? Are we signing him for next season or is the injury less serious than expected?

Great news about Chalobah. I'm sure he's a nice person but I never want to see him play for Fulham again. He's by far the worst player in our squad. The only thing he's capable of is getting yellow/red cards within 5 minutes of entering the pitch. His first touch is amateur level. He's nowhere near Championship level IMO. League One player at best. West Brom must be thinking about his brother, LOL.

Not just picking on you here as lots of posters make bizarre statements, but you do say some odd stuff about players sometimes. He's been sent off once for us, you can't possibly know how he compares to every other player in the squad and his first touch has been good enough for him to be capped at 6 age levels for England.

I'm pretty sure you also said we would 100% be relegated if Robinson and Ream weren't replaced at the start of the season.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: AJW48361 on January 27, 2023, 03:04:06 PM
First thought's were is there been a offer for Tete.

No way we let Tete go this late in the window. I remain sceptical that we're going to pay £100k p/w for Soares, maybe half that. He's going to only be on a loan because he's cover till the end of the season, and presumably, if he does well enough we may make it permanent but no need to decide that now given his age. Same with Willian.

hovewhite

Not sure about Soares as back up and wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen as big money to sit on the bench.would like lukic as extra quality to sit alongside jao.

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 27, 2023, 03:35:19 PM

No way we let Tete go this late in the window. I remain sceptical that we're going to pay £100k p/w for Soares, maybe half that. He's going to only be on a loan because he's cover till the end of the season, and presumably, if he does well enough we may make it permanent but no need to decide that now given his age. Same with Willian.

Maybe the reports of the younger buy options weren't "either/or" with Soares, but in addition to with Tete leaving? That would make the whole situation make more sense ... except for the part where Fulham offloads such a good RB in his prime.

I hope that's not the case, but something isn't adding up for me here. Then again, Marco said two players in the press conference today and we know one is Lukic, so maybe there was an offer for Kenny and the club has decided against it? Dunno.

Nero

Quote from: hovewhite on January 27, 2023, 03:44:12 PM
Not sure about Soares as back up and wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen as big money to sit on the bench.would like lukic as extra quality to sit alongside jao.

If no loan fee it will cost around 1.5M until the end of June, every place being worth around 2.2m in the PL could see it as a free until the end of the season or even in profit

Deeping_white

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on January 27, 2023, 08:25:23 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 27, 2023, 03:35:19 PM

Maybe the reports of the younger buy options weren't "either/or" with Soares, but in addition to with Tete leaving? That would make the whole situation make more sense ... except for the part where Fulham offloads such a good RB in his prime.

I hope that's not the case, but something isn't adding up for me here. Then again, Marco said two players in the press conference today and we know one is Lukic, so maybe there was an offer for Kenny and the club has decided against it? Dunno.

We're not selling our starting RB and I'm not sure he would want to leave either because he's said in interviews that he likes living in London and his kids go to school here so he's settled. Too much is being made of Cedric's salary - it's just a fact of life that if we want to compete at this level we'll have to start raising our salary expectations for players & it's cheaper to pay him whatever he's on at Arsenal for 5 months than overpaying for someone in January and then having their salary on top of a transfer fee. He fills a hole until summer when we can re-evaluate who we want as a depth option to Tete

LC

I think we have taken it for granted that we can easily make Duffy's loan deal permanent. Brighton would obviously have to sell him to us which would free up a loan space- Brighton will be well aware of this, and given that we are a competitor to them this season for a European place (at least as things stand anyway) they might not want to play ball- if I were them I wouldn't agree any deal with Duffy

General

Quote from: LC on January 27, 2023, 08:50:31 PM
I think we have taken it for granted that we can easily make Duffy's loan deal permanent. Brighton would obviously have to sell him to us which would free up a loan space- Brighton will be well aware of this, and given that we are a competitor to them this season for a European place (at least as things stand anyway) they might not want to play ball- if I were them I wouldn't agree any deal with Duffy

I think Duffy only has six months on his contract and we've got him on loan for the season. That means Brighton and Duffy have essentially already said their goodbyes and parted ways intellectually. If Duffy is enjoying it at fulham and in London it's a no brainer.

SerbianLad

https://mobile.twitter.com/gianluca_sarto/status/1619094721636302848?

Lukic's replacement, another Serbian international Ilic, has already arrived in Torino, contrary to the previous report that he'll arrive on Sunday. This means that the Lukic deal can be completed sooner too.