watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP George Cohen

Started by ffcthereligion, December 23, 2022, 10:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takemehome27

Such sad news, the word legend is far over used to describe footballers nowadays but George certainly was a club legend.

May he rest in peace and my thoughts go out to his family and friends 🖤🤍🖤

Teddymaybank

RIP George Cohen, a great footballer and a true gent. Met him at a Fulham lunch. He was the reason I started supporting Fulham in 1966. Thank you George and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

fluffyninja

Texas White

RIP George. You gave so much joy to us Fulham families. You will never be forgotten.

Coulsdon White

Such sad news RIP George Cohen. Glad to of met him at the Cottage.

Mince n Tatties

Always something hits you hard at this time of year,and this is it.
Terrible news,my dear wife shedding a tear when she heard....RIP Fulham Legend.
Never Forgotten.💐

Thamesbank

That's awful news, RIP George

Colton F.C.

RIP George.  What a player, the finest full back and the fastest on the pitch.  Thank you for being part of my childhood.  Great memories.

lomotd

RIP George. A true legend who Fulham will never forget.

Ludlow Richard

Astonishing that he only ever won one trophy in his football career and that trophy just happened to be the World Cup. Can't be many others who've done that.......

Peabody

I am so upset at this news. I was there for the first team debut of George, Alan Mullery and Tony Macedo. They totally changed the view of Fulham and all three graduated from Fulham's South East Counties team. RIP George

I Ronic

What sad news. As a kid I saw George play in his last season. All my uncles raved about JH but there was I watching a World Cup winner playing for Fulham.
For a Club our size we've had some wonderfully gifted players over the years. Not just their skills on the field but their charm and humility off the field. George was probably the best example of that.
My condolences to his family and friends.

SG

A very sad day. Macedo, Cohen, Langley, the first three names on my team sheets week in week out. I used to love watching George charging down the wing. Thanks for the memories 👍

Down by the river

Such sad news, I was lucky enough to see George play many times in the sixties. I remember before the first game of 1967 George, Alan Ball and ray Wilson were pictured at the cottage before the game.
George Cohen my autobiography is a great read and covers the tough times that George went through after football.
I also remember the day that he sustained his injury against Liverpool and the hush that came over the crowd as they realised the serious nature of the injury.
R.I.P. George and thanks for the memories

HV71

So incredibly sad. Condolences to his family .RIP George

bigalffc

God bless an RIP George an absolute Fulham legend
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Dodgin

Simply the best. RIP  George Cohen

cottage expat

I feel privileged to have watched George play alongside some of the other Fulham legends those many years ago. Rest in peace, George!

AnotherOldgit

I went to the club shop when it was in the Fulham Road and George was doing a signing session for his book. The weather was dreadful and there was next to no-one coming to the shop. He insisted on sharing the pot of tea that he had with me and we chatted for about 15 mins until another customer showed up. A real gent!

JimOG

Quote from: SG on December 23, 2022, 03:31:53 PM
A very sad day. Macedo, Cohen, Langley, the first three names on my team sheets week in week out. I used to love watching George charging down the wing. Thanks for the memories 👍

Me too - then it was Mullery Stapleton & Lowe (??). George was a very sturdy, very quick right back. His elbows were way out as he ran but that made it even more difficult to get around him. He was also a very clean player and tenacious tackler. I only ever saw him having problems with one opponent - Malcolm Musgrave of West Ham....- a fantastic defender. RIP George