watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP George Cohen

Started by ffcthereligion, December 23, 2022, 10:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

An absolute legend who I had the privilege of watching through out his career.
When 1966 has been discussed I have never thought that George has received the credit he deserved because he played for a less fashionable club and replaced the great Jimmy Armfield..
God bless you.

bog

Very saddened at the news. Honoured to have seen all his Fulham career. Genuine Fulham Royalty. George Best said he was the only full full back he struggled to get past.

RIP George.   

Jem

A true legend. One of the greats. We were honoured to have him play for us. R.I.P. George.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

ron

A central figure in the development of the modern game in England. Alongside Ray Wilson on the left, the overlapping full back 433 era started with him.

Rest in Peace George. You are unforgettable.

Wend

My Husband was honoured to have shaken his hand. Our condolences to all George's Family and friends. Our Legend will be sadly missed. Thankyou George for everything you did for our great club England

Mr White

Thanks for the memory's.R.I.P George.

Baston White

An absolute Fulham legend.
Enjoyed many a school holiday back in the sixties watching him, Johnny and all the others train at the old Harrods sports ground in Lonsdale Road, Barnes.
R.I.P George.

Thailand Mick

Such sad news, RIP George
Condolences to all his family and friends.

bill taylors apprentice

Very sad news.
I met him briefly a few times at the club and he was everything a hero should be.
Lovely man and Fulham hero.
RIP George.

WhiteJC

very sad news, one of the unsung true greats and such a lovely man

RIP  9739.gif

sidanddoris

RIP GEORGE COHEN, PROPER HERO.

RaySmith

Remember that back 4 that I watched every week, so well- Cohen, Dodgin, Lowe, Langley - learning how to play the game, as a  young defender myself, from my Fulham heroes.

George was such stylish, cultured player, but also a no nonsense defender who invariably dispossessed an attacking winger with ease  - no matter how fast, skillful or famous, they were, and one of the new breed of attacking fullback, recognized as such by Alf Ramsey.

But George never lost touch with his roots, or gained airs and  graces, and would stand for ages  signing us kids' photos, no matter how long the queue.

RIP George, you'll always have a place in the hearts of Fulham fans.

AJW48361

On field a great servant and player for FFC.

South Coast White

Very very sad, such a lovely man RIP.

Pluto

One of our all time greats and a true Fulham man. His character summed up what this club is about. RIP George.

St Eve

Terribly sad news. I was lucky enough to see him play many times and had the privilege of meeting him. I also have a signed shirt of his. Fulham through and through and a World Cup winner. A true legend.

sunburywhite

Such sad news, my condolences to the family. A true legend in the history of our club and we will never see the likes of him as a player again

For the older ones amongst us I will share this with you again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vyIbR5WNfg
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

blingo

A TRUE Fulham Legend. RIP and condolences to the family. It is a sad day.

Cambridge Away

Proud he was one of our own. RIP George

ianthailand

They don't come any better. RIP George.