watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TODAYS GAME - The FoF Post Match reaction Fulham v Saints

Started by perry geyton, December 31, 2022, 03:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Place your thoughts on today's game here. 

30 mins in
I'd get Tom Cairney on the pitch asap to control and compose the game

We look sloppy

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Good shout but at around 60 imo.

perry geyton

Fulham 442

We need to do something, we're all over the place

perry geyton

Looks like he's coming on ....

James too for what that's worth

perry geyton

Fulham 442

HobGoblin

perry geyton

Jao is a BEAST

what a player

perry geyton

Oh well he won us a penalty 😊

love4ffc

Personally think Fulham started out strong.  Got a bit lucky with the goal and the deflection.  I really thought it was there for the taking but sadly Fulham let the Saints climb back into the game.  Was not impressed with Dan James at all.  Got messages from mates at the game and they thought he was even worse than they originally thought.  Even though he has speed and was able to get the penalty I still think it's time to send him back and bring someone else in. 

Thank God for Palhinha and his fighting desire.  Great positioning and header for that winning goal.  It's really nice to be in 7th going into the New Year sitting above Chelsea. 

Let's hope for a good January window and for Fulham to keep marching on.   049:gif :Happy New Year:  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Tabby

Not a great game, but 3 points is 3 points. Great performances from Palhinha, Tete and Cairney.

Somerset Fulham

Possibly our worst performance of the season, but points in the bag and that will do for me.

SerbianLad

Mitro really shouldn't be taking penalties late in the game. I think he scores penalty 9/10 at least if it's at the start of the game, but misses pretty much everytime late in the game. As soon as we got the penalty I said I hope Pereira takes it, as Mitro will miss.

Not the best game we played this season, but really nice to get a win.

General

Quote from: love4ffc on December 31, 2022, 04:59:20 PM
Personally think Fulham started out strong.  Got a bit lucky with the goal and the deflection.  I really thought it was there for the taking but sadly Fulham let the Saints climb back into the game.  Was not impressed with Dan James at all.  Got messages from mates at the game and they thought he was even worse than they originally thought.  Even though he has speed and was able to get the penalty I still think it's time to send him back and bring someone else in. 

Thank God for Palhinha and his fighting desire.  Great positioning and header for that winning goal.  It's really nice to be in 7th going into the New Year sitting above Chelsea. 

Let's hope for a good January window and for Fulham to keep marching on.   049:gif :Happy New Year:  049:gif

Seems fair. Watched online and only real positive was that we won the game and fought to the end but it was a bit of a messy game without much rhythm to it.

Have to remind ourselves that Dan James in many ways is our 4th or 5th option for winger and brought in because we couldn't get kluivert sorted and over the line.

We would've drawn or lost that game in more recent pl seasons. A few games still to be played but in 7th as things stand which isn't bad.

Needed the win and the points to give us a bit more breathing space.

We've got a tough set of matches coming up, Leicester, spurs, Chelsea x 2. Need to hope this was a blip and weather induced.

Also need to strengthen the team and squad in January. Our bench is weak.

cottage expat

Quote from: SerbianLad on December 31, 2022, 05:03:56 PM
Mitro really shouldn't be taking penalties late in the game. I think he scores penalty 9/10 at least if it's at the start of the game, but misses pretty much everytime late in the game. As soon as we got the penalty I said I hope Pereira takes it, as Mitro will miss.

Not the best game we played this season, but really nice to get a win.

Agree completely !

Dodgin

RaySmith

A very good victory - we battled away in a tough game, and ground it out for a valuable 3 points.

wback

Far from a perfect performance, though Southampton will improve a little over the next 5 games or so with the new manager (before they fall away and get relegated).

But, we finish the year 7th and as the best-placed club in West London. Incredible achievement so far. Settled team, playing well.

What more could we want? How about:

- Solomon on the bench for Leicester.
- One more midfielder for competition.
- The illusive second striker.

blingo

3 points won but we have played much better. An ugly win, but a win, which is the most important thing. James is like  headless chicken.