watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, January 27, 2023, 09:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A difficult team selection as we need to rest players , give fringe players game time but also need to ensure a 5th round Cup place.

How about:-
                                                                            Rodak
                                                Mbabu          Tosin            Diop         Kurzawa
                                                              Cairney            Chalabah
                                                   James                                          Solomon
                                                                         Vinicius

I feel Mbabu has nlaed most of his limited game time out of position and deserves a full match at right back. We really don't want to risk Tete in this game .

SerbianLad

I wouldn't want to risk Tete either, but I highly doubt Marco will suddenly play Mbabu after not playing him at all for quite a long time.

I'd go for:
Rodak
BDR Tosin Duffy Kurzawa
Cairney Reed
James Wilson Solomon
Vinicius

twang

Think we've got a good shot at a decent cup run and therefore should go pretty much full strength. Also, next match is on Friday so plenty of time to recharge.

Rodak
Tete - Diop - Tosin - Kurzawa
Cairney - Palhinha
Wilson - Pereira - Solomon
Mitrovic

Vinicius steps in if Mitro isn't fully fit.

We Are Premier League

I think we should start with 11 players...

Rodak
                                                Reid          Tosin            Diop         Kurzawa
                                                              Cairney            Reed
                                                   James              Wilson            Solomon
                                                                         Vinicius

filham

Quote from: We Are Premier League on January 27, 2023, 09:58:29 AM
I think we should start with 11 players...

Rodak
                                                Reid          Tosin            Diop         Kurzawa
                                                              Cairney            Reed
                                                   James              Wilson            Solomon
                                                                         Vinicius
Yes thanks for the correction, I was dithering about who could fill that midfield attacking role and would agree that Wilson is well worth a try. However a rumour suggests that Wilson could be on the way out in which case perhaps we should give Luke Harris a game or fall back on BDR.

Surlyc

Rodak; BDR, Tosin, Diop, Kurzawa; Cairney, Reed, Harris; Wilson, Solomon, Vinicius.

I would like to see Harris get a start, with the likes of Mitrovic and Pereira on the bench should we need them. I don't want to underestimate Sunderland, but we really need to start showing our youngsters they are part of our plans rather than just benchwarmers behind the likes of Onomah/Chalobah.

Sting of the North

Quote from: twang on January 27, 2023, 09:57:04 AM
Think we've got a good shot at a decent cup run and therefore should go pretty much full strength. Also, next match is on Friday so plenty of time to recharge.

Rodak
Tete - Diop - Tosin - Kurzawa
Cairney - Palhinha
Wilson - Pereira - Solomon
Mitrovic

Vinicius steps in if Mitro isn't fully fit.

This is exactly the team I want. Keeping the core fairly intact gives a better chance for the others to actually show what they can do. And as you say, next game is on friday so the only reason to rest someone is if they have slight injury problems or similar. The team is also coming from two straight losses, so need the positive feeling of a win.

Some alternative options:
- could play Robinson from the start and give Kurzawa second half.
- Could switch Diop for Ream, as long as Tosin gets the game time.
- Will probably start Vinicius since Mitro is likely not fully fit (as you mentioned).

Slaphead in Qatar

TC's Sporran

i would play our strongest side barring mitro  for 20/ 30 mins ,  get 2-0 or 3-0 up then start making wholesale changes.

instead of the other way round where first teamers come on for the last 20/30 mins

but i place a massive importance on a cup run. marco will not.

Thailand Mick

I read Marco stating the Mitro is out injured and will be assessed for the Chelsea game.

Thailand Mick

Sunderland are going to be bouyed up after last week's result and feel they have nothing to lose. This is going to be a tough game and making too many changes often goes bad.

Rodak
           Tete.    Tosin         Diop. Kasawa
                        Reed.      Palhinha
                              Cairney
               Wilson.  Vinicious.  Soloman

filham

Quote from: Thailand Mick on January 27, 2023, 11:27:27 AM
I read Marco stating the Mitro is out injured and will be assessed for the Chelsea game.
Mitro's injury problems seem to be on going, I wonder how many games he is going to be available for over the rest of the season. Essential we give a full 90 minutes to Vinicius against Sunderland to give him further match experience.

SerbianLad

Quote from: filham on January 27, 2023, 12:02:26 PM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on January 27, 2023, 11:27:27 AM
Mitro's injury problems seem to be on going, I wonder how many games he is going to be available for over the rest of the season. Essential we give a full 90 minutes to Vinicius against Sunderland to give him further match experience.
They are ongoing because players keep stomping on his not fully healed ankle. Dier and Ndidi did it in recent matches and so did Paqueta at the WC. It seemed deliberate on all occasions.

Furthermore, Vinicius has been playing quite well recently and deserves more minutes and I would have been happy if he played even if Mitro was fully fit (like I am happy when Rodak gets a chance in the cup).

Nick Bateman

I would give Tom Cairney a full game. He is the missing link in our midfield and Fulham have suffered without him. He was unlucky last time out slipping when he was about to play some defense-splitting passes, that I put down to rust (and the wrong studs, maybe). Vinicius has earned another run out as well. Main thing is Fulham take the FA Cup seriously, as Silva has a terrible record for dismissing it. On Talksport today Stan Collymore was suggesting Sunderland could provide a shock. Let's prove him wrong and go as far as we can in this highly respected historical competition.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

hovewhite

Quote from: SerbianLad on January 27, 2023, 09:55:59 AM
I wouldn't want to risk Tete either, but I highly doubt Marco will suddenly play Mbabu after not playing him at all for quite a long time.

I'd go for:
Rodak
BDR Tosin Duffy Kurzawa
Cairney Reed
James Wilson Solomon
Vinicius
think that would be my eleven.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fulhamfan on January 27, 2023, 04:43:59 PM

I can not believe that Chalobah will start.  The team v Hull was

Rodak

BDR  Diop Tosin Kurzawa

TC Reed

Wilson  Pereira James

Vinicius

I expect pretty much the same again but Solomon either to start  (potentially instead of Pereira or Wilson) or be given significant minutes.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WhiteJC

I'd give a start to the "squad" and have a few of the younger players on the bench...

Deeping_white

Somewhat shocked that so many people are advocating making so many changes - Sunderland are no mugs so if we want to take the FA cup seriously we should make no more than 3-4 changes from the XI that started against Spurs, and I would suggest most of those changes are attacking wise to give Wilson, Solomon and TC more minutes. We've got almost a week until our next game after this one so fitness and recovery time shouldn't be an issue for the usual starters

Tabby

Would like to see Solomon and Wilson get a shot to impress. Probably Kurzawa too. We need to get them all into match form and they could use a boost in confidence.