watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland 2-3 Fulham FA Cup replay - 8 Feb 19:45

Started by WhiteJC, February 03, 2023, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCeiling

First 15 minutes were brilliant. Pure joy to watch. Later on, considering there are so many players who aren't using to play with each other we dropped off, but overall a very solid first half.

I'd want the team to involve Solomon much more. He's such a threat 1v1 and we barely using it and relying to much on the right side of the pitch.

bencher

Quote from: St Eve on February 08, 2023, 08:43:47 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on February 08, 2023, 08:33:59 PM
Not a bad first half.  Harry should be on a hat trick.  As GJ says, a bit nervy at times in the back. 
We are doing ok and just enough. Unfortunately none of our fringe players are setting the world on fire. Cairney is controlling the show and Solomon shows glimpses of class. Rodak shaky, Vinicius out muscled. Harris quiet

Cairney has been class. I think Harris needs to be a bit more adventurous when he gets the ball. He's received it a few times in a position where he should be driving at the defence and looking to get a shot away but he's played low risk passes instead.

Brawn

Some strange subs with the score as it is:

OFF: 30 C Vinicius, 38 L Harris
ON: 9 A Mitrovic, 18 A Pereira

rusty shackleford

bencher

Mitro on for Vini, Pereira on for Harris. Going for the win!

Jules

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

St Eve

Quote from: Brawn on February 08, 2023, 08:47:58 PM

not surprised at all

TC's Sporran

General

Quote from: Brawn on February 08, 2023, 08:47:58 PM

Solid, we're not resting on laurels and going for the win. Felt harris was a bit on the periphery in the first half, didn't really do much. Pereira is a good option. Mitro, hasn't scored in a while.

Carborundum

I think Vinicius is finding hold up play in a howling wind a bit of an unusual challenge.  He's often miles off the flight of the ball.

At the back it's a tale of two flanks.  One side is Fort Impregnable.  The other is Help Yourself.  Kurzawa has been very poor, noticeably slow to get back late in the half.  Yet the moment he does something vaguely competent, the BBC commentator refers to PSG, Champions League and the veiled inference he's a bit too good for us. 

Final irreverent half time thought.  When he left us, I thought Patrick Roberts could achieve many impressive things.  Little did I know that nearly a decade later I'd be marvelling at his beard.  Didn't think he had that in him back then.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

St Eve

love4ffc

Mitro off the pitch changing his boots and Rodak has to make a save from Roberts  :doh:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

St Eve

love4ffc

Mitro was playing so deep and yet creates the goal. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

SP