watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Injuries

Started by WestSussexWhite, February 08, 2023, 10:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnief

Let's not forget Saša Lukić has played 19 times this season for Torino and all of Serbia's matches in the world cup. He is an experienced international class midfielder bought for about 13 million. He is obviously fit and at his most influential time of his career. I would expect him to be ready immediately to take up any midfield role Fulham need and hopefully he will prove to be an inspired purchase by Fulham.

Southcoastffc

Tom Cairney
@ThomasCairney
·
25m
Job done 😅 credit to Sunderland who pushed us all the way... 🤞🏼 my injury isn't too bad 😖
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Motspur Park on February 09, 2023, 08:08:01 AM
Suspect it may be the end of Tom's season. Had a very good game last night. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Why do you suspect its the end of Tom's season?

Chi_FFC

Quote from: KJS on February 09, 2023, 08:46:00 AM
Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 08, 2023, 11:17:56 PM
Doesn't sound too bad (fingers crossed), but certainly could be a problem this weekend.
Cairney is not a regular starter so not such an issue, Reed is a big miss when out but surely that's why Lukic was brought in as cover??

Well, if both are unavailable this weekend our center midfield will be missing one starter and our most important (and only) impact sub at the position. I certainly hope Lukic can step in and play well (if Marco chooses to start him), but it will be his first Premier League appearance, not to mention the lack of options off the bench should anyone require substitution for whatever reason. So yeah, I hope things work out but as I said above, we "could" have a problem this weekend.   

FFCBadger

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on February 09, 2023, 02:11:42 PM
Suspect it may be the end of Tom's season. Had a very good game last night. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Cos his knees are made of weetabix?
I saw the Insta post earlier also, glad it's not to bad as he was immense last night. Like to see him play more tbf, especially against Leeds in the next cup game

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFCBadger on February 09, 2023, 03:09:10 PM

I saw the Insta post earlier also, glad it's not to bad as he was immense last night. Like to see him play more tbf, especially against Leeds in the next cup game

The injury was not to his knees, so surely that has nothing to do with anything this time?

Motspur Park

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 09, 2023, 03:14:51 PM
Quote from: FFCBadger on February 09, 2023, 03:09:10 PM

The injury was not to his knees, so surely that has nothing to do with anything this time?

My concern was the way in which he went off and another site claiming he had been taken to hospital. Whilst not the same, I had cruciate damage sustained similar to circumstances as Tom encountered last night and though I played again, it was virtually the end of me playing at that level.... and still have related joint problems to this day.

millsy

Chelsea put their new signings in against us within a day of signing in both recent matches and they both did ok ... bar the first guy getting himself sent off!

Hugh Gentry

Not really understanding the Hyperbole when Cairney himself has come out and said it's not that bad. So many doom and gloom merchants amongst our fans.

shepperton white

Notice pereira hobbling a bit at the end - that would be a REAL concern for me

sarnian

Quote from: shepperton white on February 09, 2023, 06:33:20 PM
Notice pereira hobbling a bit at the end - that would be a REAL concern for me

Thought Tete was uncomfortable when he came off.  Could be a fingers crossed weekend.

TC's Sporran

any news on reeds injury?

Sloth

Cairney himself said not too bad.Why would he sugarcoat it? Very good news that imo.
Liquor expert. American.Human.

hovewhite

Reed if out then lukic comes in,he knows mitros game and movement already,so could work in our favour.

Motspur

Harrison Reed has an article on official website today and makes no mention of injury or that he won't play tomorrow. Talks about competition with Sasa Lukic but looking to keep his place. So maybe the injury wasn't that bad and he's available for tomorrow.

filham

Yes, injuries have to happen but with us it always seems to hit in one place and usually where we have the weakest cover. In this instance two of our midfielders , which leaves us with two players for the three midfield places.
Doubt if Lukic will have bedded in yet, Oh why didn't we complete that deal early in the window.

Guess the ever reliable BDR will take Reed,s place.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on February 10, 2023, 01:09:54 PM
Yes, injuries have to happen but with us it always seems to hit in one place and usually where we have the weakest cover. In this instance two of our midfielders , which leaves us with two players for the three midfield places.
Doubt if Lukic will have bedded in yet, Oh why didn't we complete that deal early in the window.

Glass is really half empty, is it?

Firstly, we don't even know if both, or any, of Reed and TC will miss the game tomorrow. Secondly, we dio have more than two players for those three positions as we have brought in Lukic (which you acknowledge later). Thirdly, Lukic is not coming back from injury, ha has been playing quite a few games, including the World Cup this season and Reed's position is really the one that most people believe he is most suited to. He would likely be less of a risk to play instead of BDR who hasn't really ever played that position in Silva's team (and who we also need on the wing).

I suspect that if we don't have injuries, Lukic won't start. However, he is a seasoned professional that was brought in for precisely this purpose. It will be fine if he has to start as the rest of the team as far as we know will be the usual line up.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 10, 2023, 01:45:54 PM
Quote from: filham on February 10, 2023, 01:09:54 PM

Glass is really half empty, is it?

Firstly, we don't even know if both, or any, of Reed and TC will miss the game tomorrow. Secondly, we dio have more than two players for those three positions as we have brought in Lukic (which you acknowledge later). Thirdly, Lukic is not coming back from injury, ha has been playing quite a few games, including the World Cup this season and Reed's position is really the one that most people believe he is most suited to. He would likely be less of a risk to play instead of BDR who hasn't really ever played that position in Silva's team (and who we also need on the wing).

I suspect that if we don't have injuries, Lukic won't start. However, he is a seasoned professional that was brought in for precisely this purpose. It will be fine if he has to start as the rest of the team as far as we know will be the usual line up.
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

Silva has confirmed TC unavailable,  Reed OK, Cedric and Sasa Lukic will be in the squad.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Sloth on February 09, 2023, 10:43:42 PM
Cairney himself said not too bad.Why would he sugarcoat it? Very good news that imo.

When did he say this? The way I read his tweet above is that he isn't quite sure about the severity of his injury as he says his fingers are crossed that the injury isn't too bad (followed by a confounded face emoji).